General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Apple itunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 03:00 PM
billsco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by FireHazard
billco, if you have a ipod you can put them on there too, you just can't burn them!
So that's where the iPod comes in - to give you portability. I was hoping not to have to buy one of those, they seem too spendy.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:04 PM
billsco
Elder User
Re: Itunes

Originally posted by sglaine
Has anybody gotten free tunes with there Pepsi bottle caps?
I heard you can tip the bottle in the store and see if the cap has the magic words.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:21 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Re: Re: Itunes

Originally posted by billsco
I heard you can tip the bottle in the store and see if the cap has the magic words.
I doutit try it if you can see that you have better eyes then me I have got 15 free tunes already its cool. Check it out & good luck.. Also if they thought you could read the bottles from upsidedown I do not think they would have done this promo..

Old 03-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Tuvanhillbilly
Tuned
You can most certainly burn your tunes from itunes onto a disc (which will play on any cd player)! To burn a disc you have to first put the songs you want into a playlist. Now the thing is that any particular playlist can only be burned onto a disc three times. What that means is you can't make unlimited copies of an exact playlist. But you can create a new playlist with the same songs but in a different order- and then you have three times that you can burn THAT playlist. Or you can create a different playlist with some of those songs and some others, and again the three limit rule comes into play. And yes, the songs downloaded are in their own proprietary format (but you can find some programs to convert those to other formats, if you wish).

Old 03-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Tuvanhillbilly
Tuned
I stand corrected

woops- it was too late to edit my message but I realized I was a little off. The number of times you are limited to burning a playlist is 10 times, not 3. Also, the limit is applied only if your playlist has any tunes purchased from itunes. I say this 'cause you can also import your own songs if you desire from other sources (disc or mp3, AIFF or WAV files). You can also burn any of the songs in mp3 format rather than CD format if you prefer.

Old 03-14-2004, 10:36 PM
2Bowers
Posting Guru
Thanks Tuvanhillbilly, you explained it before I did. Yes, you can burn any song you buy from itunes up to 10 times. You don't need "certificates" like on other DL sites. I have several playlists with some of the same songs on each and have burned copies of all of them with no problems. Once you buy them, they are yours.

Also I don't have to use MediaPlayer any more for music, itunes is my default player so if a CD is in the drive itunes opens to play it.

I've never had to get additional software to burn CDs, either. Itunes has a disc icon that you click to burn playlists. If you're having problems maybe you got a trial version instead of the full version? I don't know, but it works great for me.

Old 03-15-2004, 06:14 AM
billsco
Elder User
Okay guys, thanks, that's good news. I think I'm going to go over to iTunes this morning and see if I can start downloading some of my favorite tunes.

Where's the plaaaaygrounnnnd SUSIEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Old 03-15-2004, 07:56 AM
billsco
Elder User
Re: Re: Re: Itunes

Originally posted by sglaine
I doutit try it if you can see that you have better eyes then me I have got 15 free tunes already its cool. Check it out & good luck.. Also if they thought you could read the bottles from upsidedown I do not think they would have done this promo..
Here's an article on how to be a winner every time.

http://www.macmerc.com/news/archives/1270

Old 03-15-2004, 08:32 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Re: Re: Re: Re: Itunes

Hey thanks I like that

Old 03-15-2004, 09:02 AM
2Bowers
Posting Guru
If you drink Pepsi, that's great! But a 20-oz Pepsi is from .99 to 1.29 here, and a song on itunes is .99. So if you're not a soda drinker it's pointless.
(I rarely drink it, if I do I get the can 12-packs for 3 bucks on sale.)

You know I'm going to try this anyway, right? ;-P

Old 03-15-2004, 09:17 AM
billsco
Elder User
You or the other Bower?

Old 03-15-2004, 09:25 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Pepsi

I do not drink Pepsi on a regular basis but if there is something for free I will take it. Now I have hit 14 out 20 caps in my eyes thats not bad odds. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2004, 09:33 AM
2Bowers
Posting Guru
Sorry, I'm CJ/Other Bower, I forgot to specify again.
Another note on itunes: they add new music every Tuesday, and some of it is based on user searches. I searched for some older songs they didn't have and a few weeks later they were on there. Guess it depends on how many people want those songs.

Also remember to adjust your volume BEFORE you open itunes. The volume control only goes as high as whatever your PC volume is set to, so if you have the sound off you won't hear anything. But you can minimize the itunes window to adjust it, then open it again. Only major PITA about it really.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:48 AM
billsco
Elder User
Wal-Mart is now in the business. They charge 88 cents per song. Falling prices...happy face.