Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Starter quit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:20 PM
horsecop
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starter quit

This morning my truck wouldn't start. I mean the starter would not engage. I suspected a solenoid going out few days ago when it hesitated before spinning the motor over. I could hear the solenoid clicking but the starter would not spin. I've had the solenoids sound like they are working but were not making the connection. I could have jumped the posts, but I'm not a big fan of that so I payed eleven bucks for a new one and it still would not spin the starter. While at NAPA, I went a head and priced a new starter at $190. (Another Dent) I remembered when I came home from Canada last winter that the salt really wore alot of electrical stuff out under there so I decided to clean the posts and connections on the starter itself with some sand paper and wd-40. Couldn't hurt! The larger of the two posts was pretty clean, but the smaller of the two needed sanding to make a good connection. Tightened'er up and hit the switch. Spun over faster than before! If I had to remove the starter, are there just two bolts holding it in?