Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Why oh why would you do this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 01:17 AM
90 F350 XXL Hotwheel
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why oh why would you do this?

OK, I don't know if any one cares or even wants to hear about it.

Saturday was the meet in St. Joe, after having a successful day, the wife (Jodie) and I went to a bar with 2 bands playing, both were great. Now I don't drink hardly at all (3-4 and I am happy, or what you call a cheap date) and choose not to, but I felt the need to have a couple and relax cause I can.

When the bar closed, everyone was leaving and my buddies and I were all talking about breakfast.....pancakes..yummy!! Then this guy started to yell at poeple and acting a bit rude. I asked my wife who he was, only cause I thought I reconized him due to this a small town. She asked him his name, he said "what"? She again said "What is your name"? Get this........ he said "what the (explitive) is it to you (explitive for female dog)!" Then stated to walk twoards her.

Of course like any man on this site or in the world, I stepped in. I said "woe..woe...woe...wait" then he proceded to push me back into jodie, so I put my hands out to keep him away. Then he grabbed my wifes arm and pulled her, THEN SWUNG A PUNCH AT HER.

"what would you do?"

Now I am not fond of fighting, but I believe in protecting the one you love or any woman for that fact. I did a uppercut, and slammed him into a wall, then one of my buddies came out of nowhere and tackled him to the ground where I proceded to swing to no end. Of course we finally got seperated, he was taken by pickup to hospital before ambulance arrived, and I talked to the police till 4 in the morning. No charges are to be pressed since he wasn't suppose to be in a bar anyway due to probation.......till 2017. That is a long time, I think they said he had 8 or 9 DUI's.

Thank GOD Jodie was not hurt, she was upset with me because it could have affected my job and I could have gotten hurt. I didn't recieve a mark eccept a bruise on my knee where I landed on when I went to punch him a number of times, plus I lost my shoe while kneeing him in the head, I cought it on a bumper of a car.

Why would any man swing a a woman like this, what would make you do it or even think about it, I understand alcohol has a affect, but to do this. All she did what ask his name. Maybe he had a bad day, or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I just couldn't ever do that I guess.

Would you have done the same, or not? In a way, I feel bad, I have really never lost my temper and have been known to be MR. NICE GUY! And with such a beautiful woman (in my eyes) why would you want to hit her?
http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL192/...0/37616648.jpg

Last edited by Ratsmoker; 03-11-2004 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:48 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some people can't handle their alcohol, what a jackass, but it also may be what a kid in my high school had, He actually was allergic to the alcohol, and when he drank, he just turned mean, kinda like an injured animal. He was a jerk sober, and was worse drunk. He'd fight just because. But I agree, why in the world would you want to swing at someone that looks that sweet!! Take good care of her man!!

Last edited by Ratsmoker; 03-11-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:19 PM
824x4ride
Senior User
some people just need to be locked in a wood shed for a couple of years to get e new perspective on life. thats a bad ordeal man. i went through alot of the so-called hard-asses that think they are the best thing to ever live when i "was with the now ex-fiance' so i know stupid people dave let me tell ya. now from my perspective you aint no small guy. and wiether or not you can...which iam deffinatly sure you can..... i wouldnt press my luck on weither or not you could hold your own. bu thats a bad ordeal man. iam glad everything turned out ok though. if i was there my tall lanky *** would have had your back man.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Whitesnake 02
Junior User
Ridlen, I would have done the same thing you did.If someone even looked like they was going to touch my wife I would turn his day into NIGHT.You did the RIGHT thing.

Old 03-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You handled it better than I would have. I can walk away from an idiot if he touches me (softly) but touch my wife and I will be in every bad dream you ever have.

P.S Watch the language filter guys. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Jayhawker
Senior User
So you assaulted someone Dave? LOL Did they live? LOL

Old 03-12-2004, 03:49 AM
90 F350 XXL Hotwheel
Senior User
Yes, I assaulted someone, and yes, they lived. I saw him today with his mom. I didnt realize this little whipped 35 year old is such a baby. He has been staying with his mom since our formal introduction. I was told by his cousin who I work with and is nothing alike (night and day) that he told his family I jumped him from behind and hit him with a tire iron.. one of those L looking ones, not the 4 way. when would I have had time to go grab one just outside a bar before he got the POOP knocked out of him by my wife, then again, maybe I should have let her do it. THEN HE EVEN HAD ONE TO SHOW AND SAID IT WAS THE ONE I USED!!! this guy is ate up!!

At least I didn't hurt him real bad, he was walking ok, 1 1/2 black eyes and broken nose, 5 stitches to the back of his head and 3 to his chin. Now I that I think about it since its been a couple days, its kinda funny in a way. But he wont learn, this is the way he is. Too bad for him.

I spoke with a officer today, no assult charge, they told this guy it wouldn't be good for him, but I am getting one for....disturbing the peace. Better than jail I guess.

Last edited by 90 F350 XXL Hotwheel; 03-12-2004 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:58 AM
ChiefsFan
Posting Guru
Don't know about anyone else but I dont' think I would pick on anyone that is 3 times my size or a wife of someone that size. No matter how drunk I am.

Old 03-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Jayhawker
Senior User
DAve, do we need to start a FTE fund just in case we need to bail you out one night? LOL

Old 03-13-2004, 05:06 PM
KCSport
Senior User
Sounds to me like you did the right thing Dave. Any man who is willing to take a swing at a woman, better be willing to take the beating that follows from her husband.

Old 03-13-2004, 05:57 PM
90 F350 XXL Hotwheel
Senior User
I will just have them take money out of my paycheck and direct deposit it into the "FTE Bail for Ridlen" account, that should work, dont you think?

Old 03-28-2004, 04:19 AM
90 F350 XXL Hotwheel
Senior User
GET THIS GUYS!!!

My wife called me earlier and told me she and Lance got into another mess, thank god some guy stepped in to help her out. She was sith her sister and I am sure that didnt help. She was acting funny and wouldn't tell me everything, so this is what I finally got out of her. This is funny!

well after talking with Jodie, My beautiful wife, I got some more out of her. Apprently this guy that stepped in I knew from awhile back, and I had introduced him to her at some point (this is why he stuck up for her), and he saw Lance yelling at her sister and herself. He was nice enough to make him back down.

Now the kicker, when I was talking to Jodie, she never told me that he (lance ***hole) was starring at her while they were filling up the car with gas, then walked by her and whisped "Bitch" to her in the store. She also didn't inform me that after he said this she slapped his 44 oz drink out of his hand and pushed him into the potato chip rack and he fell down with it.

guess he was embarresed and wanted to puch her again

I called a girl I know at the store to see if Jodie was telling me the truth and she said yeah why? I told her it took me awhile to get the story from Jodie, Amber said my wife didn't want me to find out we had anther problem with Lance cause I would be upset. I would have been of course, I am her husband. The cops were called only after the girls left and Lance started to curse the cashier out and wanting to fight (Dave) the guy who stepped in, but he just got in his car and left before anything else happened.

I am really getting tired of this guy. I just want to break his head

Old 04-02-2004, 03:15 AM
KPMariner05
Senior User
Dave, I'm a bouncer down here in the thriving metropolis of Springfield and let me tell ya I see guys like this all the time.......all they ever do is drink and fight and puke and sleep just to get up and do it all over again. They dont care who it is, what its over, or if they win or lose - I dont understand how some people are so full of filth and hatred that all they life for is to drink and fight......it really makes me sick. I've had to put a few like this guy out and when I say out I mean COLD, its the only way to get them to stop. Recently at the club I bounce at we've been using handcuffs until the police arrive which really has been a godsend to us because I am sick of haveing to basically beat people to a pulp to get them to stop fighting.......now all I have to do is hem 'em up or take 'em down and someone can get cuffs on him pretty easy. He can sit there and yell and cuss and kick the walls if he wants to but it will all be to no avail and all the other bar patrons get to look at him making him feel pretty foolish - hopefully the embarassment is enough to make them settle down but sometimes they fight and fight even after the cops show up. One guy swung on an officer after the officer was switching out cuffs from ours to theirs before they put him in the car.......people are just dumb and alcohol makes it just that much worse. I love my job, but sometimes I hate doing it because it is not right to have to physically beat people but when you are doing it as a job I feel like I am needed there to protect situations like the one that you just described.......there is no reason you should have had to fight that fight because that is what I am paid to do.....I dunno its wierd because if I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing, probably alot worse - but from a bouncer perspective all I know is that I dont allow fights period nomatter who starts it.

Good job man, you handled it well - If you get any more gruff from this chump let me know where to meet you for a "4 wheelin' excursion" somewhere near where you live and maybe bring ole lancey-pants along for a ride.

-Shawn

Old 04-02-2004, 06:44 AM
90 F350 XXL Hotwheel
Senior User
Hey Shawn,
Thanks for the advice. I too was head of security at The Touchdown Club in North Platte Ne. for 3 years. It is one of the biggest and best bars on the west side. On New Years, we can pack a little over a 800 people, we have 2 bouncers to every 100 people, thats because most poeple are smart when they drink. I loved my job and miss it, talking to poeple and just haveing fun watching some of the drunks work their stuff, some time so patheticly.

I know you probably work in a bigger bar and I wish you safety. Oh, we didn't have cuffs until the 2 year I was in charge..1998, what a relief they are sometime for those on go-ers who never stop. The bar I was at when this happened dont have security or even a ID checker at the front door. Town of 2000, so a small bar it is, there were about 300 people in and out, and one dumb @$$. I usually keep my temper under control, but that is when I am working or it another man to drunk deal, but when you involve a woman, let alone my wife, well he got what he deserved. Wish you the best and stay on top of things, and I will let you know if idot does anything more.

Old 04-02-2004, 07:09 AM
SimonGrant
New User
Dave,
You did the right thing man. No guy, drunk or not, should be messin' with a woman in that way. Just a thought.... maybe the dude needs medicating rather than a good dusting. I've encountered people like that. More screws loose than an old chevy and don't know they're doin' the wrong thing half the time.
In any case, you could do nothing but step in for your lady.

Quick Reply: Why oh why would you do this?