Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Aero Tank Fuel Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 05:23 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Aero Tank Fuel Tanks

I don't know if I can recommend a comercial company on here or not but if you read this I guess it got past the moderator. Meaning it's either OK or I caught him napping.

In this day it is a pleasure to encounter a company that deals with customers in an honest manner even when it will cost them a few dollars to do so. This is especially true when the transaction is a one time purchase made over the phone.

Aero Tank has demonstrated to me that they are such a company. 10 days or so ago I ordered a repalcement tank (55 gals) from them over the phone. As agreed, the tank came COD and I paid the shipping which was $150. By the time I got off the golf course and got down to doing the installation it was last Saturday. After wrestling with the tank for what seemed like a long time I decided that the tank just wasn't going to fit. as I lowered the jack and pulled the tank from under the truck some white writing caught my eye. It said amoung other things, "Crew Cab". OOps, my truck is an extended cab. I spent all day Sunday worring that Aero Tank was going to say I had told them Crew Cab. There was no way I could prove otherwise and at my age there is always doubt about the clairity of my memory. Plus, tanks is all they sell and how many more do they think I might need. And they are in California and I'm in Georgia so just paying shipping would be expensive. I had no leverage.

My fears were groundless. I called them Monday and they were great. Issac took the call and without hesitation said he would arrange for the shipper to pick up the tank I had and ship me the correct replacement that very day. He did and I got it three days later. They were great.

Old 03-07-2004, 07:23 PM
78fordman
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like a very reputable ocmpany, hard to find now days.I am willing to pay a company more if they treat me right. My local parts store for example, we have a napa and a local chain called motor parts. I usually go to motor parts for everything, when my fuel lines on my diesel gelled up, they cranked the heater in their shop and let me pull my truck in there, let me use their tools and the obd-II computer for free, when all i purchased was a fuel filter and some 911. They were also there when i was blowing u-joints, napa told me that my truck was junk, i will never buy anything from napa again, i will construct pistons out of duct tape and baling wire before buying a piston from them. My point is people are more concerned with cost, i would rather pay the extra 2 dollars and be able to ask my parts tore a question and they have an honest answer, even if it is i don't know i better than your exhaust backpressure is the x y factor of the timing of the blower motor. You get the picture. I am not saying all napa stores are bad, just mine here in jefferson, Iowa.