Computer Chips & Tuners  

Diablo's comin'

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:38 AM
ssn randy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paid by credit card over the net. Faxed my custom build sheet within minutes of placing the order. 02/13/2004 13:46

Got an email asking for my PCM code and make/yr/model truck Fri 2/13/2004 3:57 PM ("We need the following information in order to program your chip: the year/make/model and computer code. The computer code is 3 letters followed by a number, example: VDH2")

Funny "I FAXED A CUSTOM SHEET". Sent this e-mail wanting to MAKE SURE there would be no problems. original mail sent 17th, follow-up mail sent 19th as you can see.

At 08:14 AM 2/19/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I sent an email on 17FEB, did you find the fax for custom programing or >have any other problems?

Took six days to find it, according to the e-mail sent to me.
Thu 2/19/2004 10:29 AM ("We found you. Your request has been processed and we are waiting on Diablo
for the custom template. Thanks, Jolene

I think that I've done all that I can?? Waiting for my order, hearing all the GOOD STUFF about these chips. Contact from the company only limited and only when I solicite it. Several e-mails from me went un-answered, HAD to call.

Seriously, ABOUT TO LOOSE MY MIND!!!!!
Randy

Old 03-10-2004, 10:36 AM
ChevySniper
Senior User
ssn randy

sorry to hear your having a tuff time, I'm sure they at motorhaven are on it. Good luck with that.

I just tracked mine with the UPS tracking number they sent me and it says it's out for delivery @ 5:30 am. from San Bernardino......that's about an hour drive..heh heh

I can't wait..

Old 03-10-2004, 01:47 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
randy, I was a lot like you when I ordered mine. It seemed like it took an eternity before it actually came in. Don't worry, it'll come and you'll be like ' holy crap it's here!!! ' and forget all about the hassle when it's installed and pumpin.

Old 03-10-2004, 02:03 PM
ssn randy
Senior User
Thanks for the words of encouragement and the anticipated EXCITMENT!!

Randy

Old 03-10-2004, 06:56 PM
AG4.0
Posting Guru
It's here. It's in. And it kicks ***.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:21 PM
ChevySniper
Senior User
got mine....BAD TO THE BONE...

Old 03-10-2004, 11:13 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
MotorHaven and FTE started moving to a new location on the 13th. In and of itself, its extremely difficult on any company to move and still fit everything into the work week. We lost a critical employee due to the move (she didn't want to drive the extra distance) and Jolene ended up doing the job of two people, plus helping with the move. She's had a full plate, to say the least.

Add to that the fact that the phone company screwed up royally and left us without service for 10 days, screwed up Internet connectivity and a disconnected toll free number for about 2 and a half weeks and it was an extremely screwed up time for us. We couldn't even contact our suppliers except via cell phone, no way to fax them anything (we use EFax for receiving faxes so we kept receiving them).

Internet connectivity is 100% now, the phones are working and the toll free number is working. We put an ad in the Sunday paper to get more help, doing interviews on Thursday.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:00 AM
ssn randy
Senior User
Sorry to here you had such a rough time moving, and all of it seems to be working out. If told that on the phone, would have had more patience.

Does that mean "its on the way"?

Seems the majority of posts here I've read have about the same thing --Waiting on Diablo. Maybe they need to hire a new person!!

Old 03-11-2004, 12:33 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Originally posted by ssn randy
Seems the majority of posts here I've read have about the same thing --Waiting on Diablo. Maybe they need to hire a new person!!
That's why I put "We put an ad in the Sunday paper to get more help, doing interviews on Thursday" in the last post.

If a code template has to be requested from Diablo you'll have wait until they supply it to us, whether we have 1 person or 50 people working here. There's no hurrying Diablo, they have dozens of people every day wanting code templates.... its first come first serve.

Also, the reality is chips are becoming less and less important to both Superchips and Diablo as they start concentrating more of their resources on hendheld tuners. Superchips has dropped all chip custom programming support, all Ranger/Mazda/Escape support (customer or not) and getting templates from Diablo takes longer, on average, then it did a year ago.

If the majority of the posts your reading are about waiting on a Diablo it may be because recently the same 2-3 people keep posting the same "I haven't gotten mine yet" post over and over again. We do 10-40 Diablo's per week and the vast majority don't have a wait. When we have a template, we get it done fast. When its not a custom or a template request, its fast. Order status be kept off the forums and addressed directly with the vendor (whether its Motorhaven, Macs or any other FTE sponsor). The chips and tuner's section is about technical questions --- a more appropriate venue for order tracking, shipping status, payment questions would be Motorhaven's shipping status number: 770-918-8400. There's someone there with the software on-screen all the time for that (I don't even load the account software on my system anymore).

Old 03-11-2004, 08:38 PM
ChevySniper
Senior User
majority are waiting

Maybe that's because we're so excited about getting them we can't wait to tell everyone...

I didn't think the wait was long at all..the MAC intake came before I knew it, and the chip wasn't even 2 weeks....not bad in my book...it's just hard to wait, like a kid in a candy store..

Old 03-12-2004, 09:43 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way about waiting on shipments (I buy a lot of computer stuff off the Internet). Sometimes its hell waiting for it!