Diablo delta question for Ken

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 09:36 AM
ssn randy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo delta question for Ken

Ken,

I have ordered the Diablo Delta chip for my F150, order ID#2217. My custom sheet includes that I have a B&M shift kit installed in my tranny. The kit improved line pressure for quicker 1-2 and 2-3 shifting i assume. When applying light throttle pressure during normal driving conditions the shifts from 1-2 and 2-3 occur at low RPMs, I'm guessing at around 1000-1200 for 1-2 and about the same for 2-3. When I stand on it the 1-2 shift occurs at 5500RPM and around 4000RPM for 2-3 shift.

Email from jolene yesterday stated that you are still waiting for Diablo to send the PCM program, I'm hoping its not to late as the chip has not shipped yet. Here are my questions.

1. Are the shift points determined by speed or RPM?
2. Can you increase the light throttle shift point so that it does not shift at such an early stage/low RPM when using light pressure without effecting high RPM shifting?
3. The valve body has been modified and I cannot go back, what effect will this have on the shift kits performance or tranny?
4. With the increased shift points, will I run a higher risk of motor damage in the upper RPM (can the 302 take the extra RPM)?
5. If you can do all this without any adverse effects, DO IT! If you think it's best left alone, so be it.

If raising shift points without raising line pressure is standard for my application, then thats great too! I trust your expertise.

I can't wait to get this chip!!!!
Thanks.

p.s. installed CAT back this past weekend, should not effect anything, right?

Old 02-25-2004, 03:43 PM
ssn randy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more??

93 octane is available in my area, do you do 92 or 93 octane tunes in place of the 91....ie. more performance?

Old 02-29-2004, 09:28 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, the higher the octane we program for the more performance you get. We default to 92, 93 if you request it.