General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Why does she do this?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree with the possible urinary tract infection. I'd get it checked out. An infection like that is painful and makes them actually want to void more often.... and they try to avoid the same place..because they associate PAIN with that place. The sooner you get her checked out the better off you both will be.

I've been very fortunate with my cats. My Siamese trained their own kittens to use the box. Momma cat would pick them up and take them and drop them in the box and make them stay there until the job was done. We have four cats now and every one of them will run around cross legged if the box gets too dirty, holding "it" until the box is fresh enough to get into. More often than not, when the box is too dirty, Bubba will go look at it, stop, turn and yowl at me, and then grudgingly get in and do his job.
Most cats will urinate on one end of the box. When that end gets too smelly, a real good cat will continue to use it....with some indignation, but I advise cleaning at a minimum of once a week even for one cat.

Old 02-22-2004, 01:50 PM
F150daniel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got two tom cats "fixed" plus shots yesterday for $15 each by the local humane society.

Old 02-22-2004, 06:49 PM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beast12. i have some bad news for you. unless a miracle happens your female cats will contine to urinate for thier entire lifes. we have many female cats and they urniate all over the house on a weekly basis. somtimes it is very frustaring to live with them because they dont seem to respect out belongigs. some advice, before you go to bed at night make sure you pickup and put anything away that you would like to keep. as the cats will pea on any forign objects that they dont reconize. we have lost presios items because they were runined by cat urine. one thing i can say is dogs ceratanly dont vandalize the house like cats do!i stopped trying out why the cats pea all over the place, ive tried everything to make them happy and hasant made a diffrence. i think they think its some form of recrreation or something.

Old 02-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Oceanwave
Senior User
I feel your pain!

beast12: Try to play on the sympathy of a local vet by explaining that if you can't fix the problem the cats going to the pound. This may get you a reduced bill to save the cat, or not. In the future get your pets from the pound! They are 100% returnable if it doesn't work out. First check-up and shots are covered in adoption fee. Sterilization is $50.00 with coupon and you are saving an animal that was abandoned or lost or abused.
FEracing66, sureley you weren't serious when you said that female dogs don't behave in similar way to beast12's cat does. I had a Fox Terrier x Doberman (SPCA told me she was a Jack Russel X with something larger) I got her when she was 3 mo's old. By the time she was 8 mo's she was 75lbs and pulling the cedar siding off the house and ripping up the deck boards. She could dig a hole big enough to bury a VW in while you were at work. She was never able to grasp the idea of house training. She'd be walking along in the living room and start peeing as she went. And it wasn't just pee this dog could walk and crap at the same time... I tell you the beast from hell had nothing on this one. I took her back to the SPCA and said I want a refund! No problem!
Anytime an animal is costing you money, destroying your property and not offering anything in return; it has gotta go. JMO

JK

Old 02-25-2004, 09:46 AM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
oceanwave, im sorry that poor little dog was taken back to the dog pound where she was probably destryoed because sombody would house train her. we have a jack russel, and let me tell you they are a handful. it took her a long time to grasp going outside to do her bussiness. and yes that is exactly what i was saying and ill say it again. a dog, male or female,does have more respect for the house and doeseant intentionall pea and poop in the house thorughout there entire lives. you are obsuouly not very good with animals, of coourse you dont have to be. you just have be parient and teach them manners you cant expect a puppy to know all the rules thats why you have to TRAIN THEM. i wish the pound had not given you a refund, so you would have been forced to train the dog. anytime an animal is causing damgae there is a reason and it is fixable. it is not the animals fault that it tore up your house and messed on the floor, its your fault, because your resposible for her. i guess the knid of animal you need is a hamster or turtle, they dont cause any damge.

Old 02-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Oceanwave
Senior User
Cool It's all ok FERacing66

Dog is fine and I'd venture to bet I know a fair bit about animals and how to train them. You are absolutely right there was something wrong at our house. We picked two kennel mates from the SPCA and ended up with two Alpha Females. That just isn't going to make for a good partnership in any family especially with one so much younger than the other. Like I said the dog is fine now I see her every week with her new owner walking along the beach. She says she is fine when she's in a one dog house; but goes stupid when kenneled or has to share with another dog.
Also just to make a point; all of my dogs have been through several obedience levels of training and I trust them anywhere.

JK

Old 02-26-2004, 08:33 AM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
well, im glad the dog was not destroyed and has a good owner. but it doeseant change my point that anydog can be trained. it just seems it was a big suprise when the dog tore siding of your house and dug huge holes, surely you would have known this would happen while you were away? i mean had she been in a pen while you were gone this would have never happend. its easily preventable, and i just hate to see dogs go to the pound where they are often destroyed. you had here for 5 months, which im sure you know is not enough time for some dogs to be house trained. its taken us about 9 months to house train out jack russell and shes still not perfect. look, im not saying what you did is bad what i am saying is i wish you could have given her a little more time and be a little more patient with her. you act like her peeing and pooping in the house was a highly unusual act. since youve trained many dogs you would no it takes a long time with some dogs. and beast12 stuation, and my situation with my cats is actually far worse thatn house training dog. how would you like to wake up every single morning to find the cats had peed in your furnace vent, at least one spot on the carpet, crap on the carpet and your nice wood door scratched to hell by the cats! this is an every day experince with us for the last five years! and yes weve read every book about how to train cats, keep the litter box as clean as possible every day, make sure they eat there favorite food etc. its a fact dogs obey you and respect your belongings and house (for the most part) and dont crap and pee all over your house.

Old 02-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Oceanwave
Senior User
It's ok FERacing66 I'm glad that she has a new and wonderful owner also. I never meant her any harm and knew for a fact she would be adopted right away. I don't think our SPCA can put down animals anymore unless they are dangerous or beyond medical care. No more arguements from me on this subject. She's Happy, I'm Happy & Cleo is Happy.

JK

Old 02-27-2004, 02:15 AM
archer1
Senior User
Cats?? Why if i had a cat (an adult cat) and it piddled in the house more than once every 5 years i would use it for a speed bump period. Why would anyone want an animal ****ing in the place they live??. To me and mind you its only me here but cats are useless unless they are allowed to hunt rats and mice. They make bad pets, ya can't teach em much. They won't protect you but they will bite you in an instant and gouge your eyes out if you give them a chance. Take the cat for a long ride... And last but not least its just gotta smell really bad if this cat has been ****ing in the house for a year+. I don't think so take it for the long ride

Old 02-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't know my cats. Mycats are like dogs. It's all how you treat them. My one cat loves to get her belly rubbed HARD just like a dog. My other cat likes to go outside on a leash for walks (shes an inside cat except for that). Its all about how you treat and talk to them. You would not believe the kind of personality my cats have.

I am taking my one cat that pees into the vets in about 1 1/2 weeks and I will let you guys know what happens.

-Matt

Old 02-27-2004, 08:16 AM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
well it doeaseant smell because weve got a wood floor so its easy to clean up and its not quite everyday, but its still to much. we dont get rid of them because we love them, i agree that there uselsess but we still love them, as much as there behavior irrates me, my cats and i are friends. archer, im not taking the cat for a long ride i dont dispse of animals because there hard to live with its just the way it is. what exactly do you mean by take them for a long ride?

Old 03-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I took the cat in to get "fixed" the other day. I also got them to do a urine analysis. Everything was fine so she doesn't have an infection. The total bill after tax for the fixing and the urine analysis was $249 CANADIAN. SO it wasn't too bad. She doesn't seem to be peeing anymore so hopefully it was just a phase. I guess we will see!

-Matt