Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

leveling out a `74 2wd?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 11:29 PM
o0haco0o
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leveling out a `74 2wd?

i have a 74 f-100 2wd and i was wondering if there was a way to level it out so it sits level?

it sits higher in the back than in the front. and id rather not put different size tires on the back then on the front.

i had thought that a body lift would help me get some more tire clearence and maybe level it out but because my steering box is so close to the firewall on my truck i cannot put a body lift on it.

any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx in Advance!

Old 02-12-2004, 12:16 AM
SoCalDesertRider
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A body lift will lift the whole body equally, if done right. What you can do is put lift springs in the front, probably dont need more than 2 inches to level it. Going to a lower spring in the rear is an option as well. Trucks sit higher in the back when unloaded so that they will sit level when loaded.

Old 02-16-2004, 02:05 PM
73Custom
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Has you pickup ever had the front coil springs replaced? Over the years, your springs have weakend causing the front to be lower. I replaced my front springs (on my '73 F100 2wd) with stock replacements and it raised it back up to almost level - and only cost about $100. Might want to try that first.

Marty