Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

not impressed with new Cummins speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 09:13 AM
MJD
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is loyalty built up around every brand, and Ford's is the largest. Many people will not buy a Dodge just because it is a Dodge. It doesn't matter how good it is, if it is a Dodge, they will not buy it. Same with any other brand. My statement is not bogus. I don't know why you do not see that. I believe what I see in real life more than what i hear on this Ford forum. I am not trying to say that people on here are liars, just a bit over-optimistic. Everyone here is going to try to make their Ford pickup look better than it really is, just like Dodge and Chevy guys do. There are Dodge owners who think that Chrysler makes the best automatic trannys and Chevy guys who think that a 6.5 diesel is better than a Cummins or PSD. Some more that likely quote gas mileage as the best they have ever gotten. I figure up an average, without much town driving, and it is not very good.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:55 PM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
i disagree, you cant say ford has the most loyalty wheres the stastics? i see just as much loyalty with chevy. every chevy owner says theres is the best, dodges owners say theres is the best , an ford owners say theres is the best. whats you point? there really is no such thing as ''better'' all vehicles have there highs and lows and people like diffrent vehicles for diffrent reasons. i doubt there are many people that actually buy a ceratin make just because its a ford, or chevy, or dodge. i know there out there but not that common. i still say your stament is bogus.

Old 02-27-2004, 02:15 PM
MJD
Elder User
Originally posted by FERacing66
there really is no such thing as ''better'' all vehicles have there highs and lows and people like diffrent vehicles for diffrent reasons.
That is what I have been trying to say the whole time. Calm down a bit and read through my posts completely instead of just looking at the parts that you do not like. OK, if someone buys a Ford pickup and likes it, they are likely to buy another Ford, whether it is the best or not. This is how Ford has such a good following. Ford has been around a long time and people liked the Ford vehicles they owned so they bought another. This is why Ford is so popular. Obviously, Ford has made good products so these situations could exist. It works the same with any other brand. DC is the newest company of the three, so it naturally had no rep when it came along and many kept buying Chevy and Ford vehicles. It is easy to see why Ford pickups are so popular.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the original post, so maybe we should just let it go.

Last edited by MJD; 02-27-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:43 PM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
well, ill let it go.but i am quite calmed down and i have read thorugh your posts and you didnt point that out. anyway im done is has nothing to do with cummins diesels.
Out Here

Old 02-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Cummins 600
Freshman User
Originally posted by MJD
That is what I have been trying to say the whole time. Calm down a bit and read through my posts completely instead of just looking at the parts that you do not like. OK, if someone buys a Ford pickup and likes it, they are likely to buy another Ford, whether it is the best or not. This is how Ford has such a good following. Ford has been around a long time and people liked the Ford vehicles they owned so they bought another. This is why Ford is so popular. Obviously, Ford has made good products so these situations could exist. It works the same with any other brand. DC is the newest company of the three, so it naturally had no rep when it came along and many kept buying Chevy and Ford vehicles. It is easy to see why Ford pickups are so popular.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the original post, so maybe we should just let it go.
I bought a Ford, liked it and didn't buy another.