General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Gotta keep those borders safe...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 01:12 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gotta keep those borders safe...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...nada_border_dc $10K to go to church? Wow, I guess they are doing there job, but thats overkill!

Rich

Edit: This could be any religion, and I particularly dont want to lose my posting priveledges. I hope this sort of link is ok now...

Last edited by WhëëlMå1; 02-10-2004 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:22 PM
haulingboat
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like we have implimented a policy to keep people out, yet done very little to cure the problem.

Old 02-10-2004, 02:27 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
That's absolutely INSANE. This is how we've spent our security dollars since 9/11? One more example of a failed goverment policy.

Old 02-10-2004, 02:41 PM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks to me like we are going after the wrong people at the wrong border.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:25 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
I read that in the local news.I don't think he will actually pay that amount.I believe he has Senator Sue Collins looking into the matter on his behalf.I got caught for the same thing a few years back,going through a closed border post without reporting to the nearest port of entry.The fine was $100.I believe the $10,000 fine is the maximum fine for the violation.As for the church being involved,it would have been the same fine for that violation if he went to a friends house.It just happened to be why he was in Canada in the first place.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:48 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
You know, it just dawned on me: if the guy had been an aethiest, he wouldn't have this problem!

Old 02-11-2004, 07:27 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by CowboyBilly9Mile
Looks to me like we are going after the wrong people at the wrong border.
I agree! I heard a story tonight from a third generation Mexican-American (born, raised in Texas) who reached retirement age and attempted to move into retirement in the country of his forefathers. He was told that he could not stay because he did not have enough money and would probably take a job from a Mexican citizen. It seems that it is all right to send their citizens to take jobs, but it is a one-way street. Interesting fact, 20% of our prison population are illegal aliens. How much is that costing us. Maybe the Prez will give them amnesty.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Capone
Elder User
re: Interesting fact, 20% of our prison population are illegal aliens. How much is that costing us. Maybe the Prez will give them amnesty.
-----------------------------------
Since 9-11 that percentage is true....

but before 9-11 the percentage of prisoners in the US, its territories etc numbered only 12%

re:wasn't allowed to retire in Mexico because he didn't have enough money and would take a job that would otherise go to a Mexican.....
-------------------------
Perhaps a few B52 condom sorties should take care of that situation....
If you can't feed em, don't breed em!!!

What our government needs to do for our safety is to put the money where it is needed......hiring numerous border patrol and having the director of the INS report directly to the president himself....

What we also need is for our govt to smarten up.....trim the fat off this sluggish machine that eats up at least 30% of each tax dollar on bureaucracy alone......Give the tax payers their money's worth....if we worked hard for our money and you are going to tax us.....you better give us our moneys worth!!!

Ask the people what if anything needs to be done!!! the gvot's answer is to ALWAYS bureaucratize everything....and we know what happens to our tax dollar!!!!Dept of Homeland security....give me a break.....we are NO safer today than we were right before 9-11. COde orange....heh....what a deterrent!!

The CIA and FBI need to work together in assessing the external/internal threats to our country by having people out there in our embassies around the world....gathering information about people wanting to get in. It should be an expeditious process. Egos need to be put aside and the welfare of the people needs to be paramount.

Use diplomatic pressure to get our sourrounding countries to tighten their ports of entry.....if we tighten ours.....their people will have to wait to get in longer.....if the don't like that...they may have to cooperate....it happened when Kiki Camarena (US fed agent) was tortured and murdered in Mexico by drug lords....Mexican officials cried foul when US agents closed the borders...
causing a huge backlog of traffic that clogged Tijuana for hours....

the tools are there....we need to use them....

Another thing.....we as a people have gotten lazy as time has gone by....and economic times were good during the Clinton years....

when times get tough....one shouldn't be too proud to cut lawns.....wash dishes....wash cars....Bus tables etc etc .I see so many freakin ABLE BODIED people standing on freeway on/off ramps, intersection medians with their little signs....I never give them squat unless they are physically disabled....
otherwise I tell them to get a job and get the birdie in return.

I love getting their blood going.

Be safe but live happy......visit a loved one this week....and most of all....don't let the little things bother you so much.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

re: Interesting fact, 20% of our prison population are illegal aliens. How much is that costing us. Maybe the Prez will give them amnesty.
-----------------------------------
Since 9-11 that percentage is true....

but before 9-11 the percentage of prisoners in the US, its territories etc numbered only 12%

Last edited by Capone; 02-12-2004 at 04:16 AM.