General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Wimpy Fists

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 06:19 AM
FXSTC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wimpy Fists

Kerry has really really really wimpy "Yea, I win!!" fists. I rank wimpy fists up there with limp handshakes!

JK

Here is the pic:

Wussy Girl Fists

(BTW- I stole this pic from cnn.com)

Old 02-08-2004, 06:27 AM
Vanhecht
Elder User
lol thats to true, almost as bad as the howard dean scream!

Old 02-08-2004, 06:51 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't know people looked for those types of expressions.I certainally never considered them.Interesting.

Old 02-08-2004, 09:37 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
I bet his fists did not look wimpy to the soliders he was saving along Vietcong waters in his patrol boat. I totally disagree with many of his views, did not vote for him when I lived in MA, and would not like to see him become president.

But, please do not belittle him, show some respect. He paid his dues before most of us even had hair.

Last edited by Ryan50hrl; 02-08-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:46 PM
hreed
Posting Guru
Originally posted by rebocardo
I bet his fists did not look wimpy to the soliders he was saving along Vietcong waters in his patrol boat. I totally disagree with many of his views, did not vote for him when I lived in MA, and would not like to see him become president.

But, please do not belittle him, show some respect. He paid his dues before most of us even had pubic hair.
Just a little research will show that Kerry was not the hero the media is trying to make him. Just because you were in VietNam doesn't make you a war hero

Old 02-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by hreed
Just a little research will show that Kerry was not the hero the media is trying to make him. Just because you were in VietNam doesn't make you a war hero
In my book anyone who served in the military is a hero.....when they sign that piece of paper joining they in essence have surrendered their lives to the US government and thats something i didn't do. I don't care if they got stuck in an office in North Dakota or on the front lines in Vietnam.....They have attained HERO status in my mind....To John Kerry....thank you....and to the rest of the veterans....thank you as well...

Old 02-08-2004, 09:59 PM
460lover
Senior User
If he did become the nomination for President I would not vote for him, but he does deserve at least a little respect for serving his country, something that the 41st President did not do.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:58 AM
DailyDriver
Elder User
I dissagree with what some call hero status. I respect all who serve and have served in our military with honor. President Bush included.

I served in the navy, but I'm no hero. I didn't have to put my life on the line, save a buddy from death or carry out a suicide mission and live to tell about it.

For me, to use the term "hero" to describe every average joe in the military is like spreading ketchup on everything in an attempt to make everything taste the same. It cheapens the meaning. What distinguishes those who have really earned the title of hero from the average joe? If we call all are armed services, "special forces", what then, makes the special forces so special? If we call all our military personal "heroes" what then, make real heroes special?

A Medal of Honor, the highest possible, or a lesser medal is only given to those who have earned it, to those who went above and beyond the call of duty without reguard to their own safty. If every service member were to be given such a medal upon leaving the service, then there is no distinction between those who have earned it and those who just received it for time served. I believe the title of hero and the medals that go with it should be reserved to those who have earned it by going above and beyond. It set's them apart from everybody else.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:28 AM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Very well spoken Ryan.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:36 AM
FXSTC
Senior User
Originally posted by rebocardo
I bet his fists did not look wimpy to the soliders he was saving along Vietcong waters in his patrol boat.
Huh? Does that mean he is a man of character and should be elected president?

Does serving in Vietnam automatically mean you are immune from critisism on the internet or that you are a "good person"?

While many men and women deserve respect for serving in the military (either in wartime or not) life is a large complicated thing and you cannot judge a person on such a small part of it.

JK

Old 02-09-2004, 02:29 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
The word "hero" was not mine, it was HREED's.

My quote "He paid his dues", hence, he deserves to be accorded at least a small amount of respect and not belittled or picked apart based on personal appearances.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:01 PM
460lover
Senior User
I have a deep respect for all that have served their country in wartime or peacetime. I do agree that there are people who have deserved the status of hero.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:17 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
From

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4209283/

"said Kerry, who won three Purple Hearts, one Bronze star and one Silver star in Vietnam."

I do believe that to be more metals won in combat than most presidents have to show for their military record, eh! Those are man hands.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Hreed, please show me some of that research you're referring to with regards to Kerry's service record. I don't have much time for research at this time so I've been unable to find anything.

Being a know Dem to most that know me on this board, I still can't say who will win my vote (since Dono's not running anymore), but it sure won't be "W". Hope the strings are all tied this time so he isn't able to be "selected" again.

Last edited by Carlene; 02-09-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:06 PM
georgedavila
Postmaster
Here's the official site:

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/

This one is real handy, it links to many of the world's major newspapers (English versions) and columnists for different views:

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Incidently, the US is one of the few countries that consider crusher or firm handshakes as anything but rude.

Quick Reply: Wimpy Fists