Sponsored by:

Remove Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 03:48 PM
mds01
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Remove Steering Wheel

I purchased an AimPro steering wheel puller, but Im not even sure how to set it up, can some one tell me how to use the puller to remove the steering wheel. I think I know what to do with the two long screws that came with the puller, they screw into the two holes that are exposed once you remove the steering wheel nut.? Once you connect the puller do you pull straight off, rotate the wheel counterclockwise etc, and should the steering wheel be in the locked position or free movement when you do this. Any help on how to use the steering wheel puller and then how to get the whelel off would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2004, 06:00 PM
ALSAIR
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aside from the two long screws, which thread into the steering wheel through the puller, you should have a large threaded hole in the center of the puller where the large tensioning screw with a 5/8th inch hex head I believe screws down and pulls everything tight. The tensioner screw goes on the threaded shaft where the nut came off. You can loosen the nut but leave it on so you don't damage the threads. When it pulls tight slowly tighten and it will Pop!! Make sure the wheels are straight, and keep it locked, and just make sure it goes back on straight!

She Ain't Revved Ti'll The Rods Are Thrown!
Al

Old 02-07-2004, 06:48 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
And dont forget to mark the center steering shaft where the center of the original steering wheel was...that way you can get the new one on straight.