Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Newer truck mods????

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 08:54 AM
diesel dummy
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newer truck mods????

Need to be pushed one way or another I bought a new 03 f-350 psd in july has 12,000 miles on it I would like to put on the stainless MBRB 4" turbo back exhaust a better intake system and a set of gauges is this a good idea ? will it void any warranties? The 03 replaced the battery gauge on dash with a trans. temp. gauge so im looking for a 3 gauge set with a pyro , boost and battery gauge that combination doesn't seem that popular as i cant find that set. I'm new to this game and need some advice Thanks in advance

Diesel Dummy

Old 02-04-2004, 06:41 PM
bigdieseldav
Senior User
no it wont void the warranty. I have an 02 and it also does not have the voltmeter guage but instead the trans guage. It is my understanding that the factory trans guage is less than accurate and even at that it has no definitive measurements to refer to. your either cold ok or hot as opposed to being able to know exactly what the tranny temp is. You probably havn't seen any of the setups your looking for because its common to use the aftermarked trans temp guage even with tha factory guage present. It kinda bugged me not knowing what my trucks electrical system was up to but i'm over it now....I bet you can still mount a voltmeter somewhere else other than the pillar pod.... Good luck

Old 02-04-2004, 07:41 PM
diesel dummy
Freshman User
Thanks For the advice Dave What do you think about the new ford intake Does that give you more air or just better filtered air I'm trying to open the truck up a little bit for maybe a future reprogrammer I've got the 4" exhaust picked out but not quite sure about the intake any suggestions? Do those open type filters filter as good as ford's or better? Do they make a 4 gauge pillar pod? haven't seen one I guess it would start to look like an airplane Maybe one day it'll fly like one

Old 02-04-2004, 08:09 PM
cangim
Postmaster
If you go HERE, they have a 4 gauge pillar mod, also I am going to order the Lunar gauges, kinda like the green glow I guess. Picked up the site from HeatStroked. He also posted a linke to a Fuse block teminal that was pretty slick you might be interested in, but check with him as I have forgot what thread it was in.

Mike