Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford
View Poll Results: Chapter President for Chapter
Yes, this will promote our chapter and make it better!
86.96%
No. The chapter forum is enough.
8.70%
I don't care
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Chapter President

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 01:49 PM
mitch5170
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hang10
Like I said in a previous post, it has just taken some time to get comfortable with you all. We asked for a Kansas chapter a little while ago, we didn't get it. Apparently there weren't enough of us, to open one. Then in one day, you guys came in, the chapter was opened. The prevailing attitude seemed to be that it was opened FOR YOU.
I for one DONT believe it was opened for only us, its for ALL the Kansas chapter members.

Then all the bravado started about how you (I use you in general terms, as in some of you guys) ran this place, etc. When ultramagdan was named moderator, he was told if he needed help keeping you guys in line, let one of the guys from 'brand x' site know. It seemed like you guys not only thought that Kansas was open for you but you were going to jump in, take over and run it how you did over there.
it was kind of a rocky start, Im sure you "regulars" saw us as a bunch of hooligans

you seemed to be saying that the moderator was powerless without your help.
maybe thats how it seemed to you, but definetly not our intentions, We will abide by the moderator and give him our utmost respect.

I think things are better. I believe we have grown more comfortable with eachother.
I agree, I also think it will only get better with time.

There are still a few rough spots here and there. It seems things are kind of decided without any input from any of the regular guys.
I cant speak for all the new guys, but I personally feel that input is needed from ALL members, any decisions about the chapter "government" needs to be decided by ALL the members, dont be afraid to speak up!

You guys are used to your 'GTGs', personally, I don't feel comfortable enough yet to attend one, that's just me though.
Thats too bad, because we have made some pretty good friends along the way, hopefully with time you will consider attending a meet.

I email with some of the older guys, we have discussed these things. Some feel the same, some don't. I get a feeling though that most all feel like they are not really a part of your group and wouldn't feel comfortable yet either.
Its not our group, its OUR group, As newcomers to this site its normal for us to feel like "outsiders" Kind of intimidating from both perspectives, but eventually we will become less dysfunctional.
Dont be afraid and not say anything.

That being said. As I said in a previous post, I don't mind a president, I don't mind Mark being president. I think though that some of us 'older' guys should have a place in the "government". To strike a balance. If it will enhance the image of FTE as a whole and further the Kansas chapter, it's okay with me. Again, I hope no one takes offense, these are MY thoughts alone. Don't get mad at anyone else but me for expressing these.
I would hope we could form our government with people that will do a good job for the chapter, be it mostly "Regulars" or "Newcomers" or a blend, it really doesnt matter to me, as long as it promotes the chapter. I know we think a lot alike, once again time will bring us together.

No offense taken.

Old 02-14-2004, 02:35 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Originally posted by mitch5170

I would hope we could form our government with people that will do a good job for the chapter, be it mostly "Regulars" or "Newcomers" or a blend, it really doesnt matter to me, as long as it promotes the chapter. I know we think a lot alike, once again time will bring us together.

No offense taken.
My point is, you all out number us. If it were open to elections, the feeling is that you all will of course, vote your old mates in. While that is also my concern, that only those that can do the best jobs get the positions. Not because you met him at a BBQ a couple of times, like his truck and know his name.

Old 02-14-2004, 03:34 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Hey just an idea. For now things are going well and we are ALL getting used to each other and getting to know each other. This president thing is getting in the way at the moment. I think it is a good idea and will help but let's say we look at it and let it develope a little more. We need to decide how many officers and we have to have some sort of bylaws. I say we work on ideas for the bylaws and the structure of the whole thing (useing input from everyone) and we do NOT tyr and push this thing to fast. If we hurry into it we will probably make some people get upset or unsure if they want to be part of this. So lets take some time to get to know each other both by our forum posts and by some GTG's then work out the structure we can all live with. Then we can move forward with the idea. Right now I just want to move forward with keeping my old friends and making new ones, as well as making this chapter great. Lets put a timeline in here and say we will look at putting together an elected president and board in say 6-months or maybe 1-year. In the mean time we get to know each other better and everyone will feel more comfortable with everything.

Everyone can tell by now that a large group of us came to this site at the same time and that should show the type of friends we are and how well we get along and how much careing there is between us. We did not grow up together so this bond was reached through the forums and the emails and the GTG's. That is the type of people we are and that is the type of people that were already here. Now I can't see any reason why all these people with the same attitude, goals, convictions, and ideas cannot become even bigger and better. Some might think we are or were a little brash when we came in here but think back in your lives to times when you entered a new school or club or town. You always try to get to a place or group that you can feel safe and comfortable with till you can meet and get involved with the new people. I have already had help and have emailed and talked to existing members and now feel a frienship towards them as much as I do the group that came over from X-site. So it is already starting that we are becoming a bigger group and that makes abetter Kansas Chapter.

My two cents is put this voting thing off for awhils and work on a good solid foundation then get a solid working set of bylaws and structure decided upon then we can get the vote. But right now lets get a solid relationship going that involves all of us.

Hope that some of this makes sense because I'd hate to type this much and sound stupid. LOL

Old 02-14-2004, 03:55 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Makes sense to me. In fact, that pretty much echos my exact thoughts. I would like to see the structure set before anyone is elected to anything. That way, everyone has a say in how it's to be run, instead of a few with 'positions' deciding everything. Getting to know eachother better is an excellent idea too. Still waiting for a sticker to be finalized though. I don't want to wait a year for that

Last edited by hang10; 02-14-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:57 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

hang10 you have email. I thank you for your help very much on that matter and again things like that is why this chapter will continue to get better. You were a help and a friend when I needed it. Thanks

Old 02-14-2004, 04:26 PM
stlthf1
Posting Guru
I agree. Let's put off any voting on anything for a while....LOL.

Guys,
Sorry if we came in here like we were taking the place over. What happened on the other site happened quickly. We all needed to find a place to talk and discuss what had happened. We landed here like the Marines. There was no offense intended from any of us.

We just simply were rushed into finding a new home and everyone was on the defensive and angry about the issues we were dealing with at "X".

The new guys on this site are the best. These are guy you can depend on for help when you need it. These guys are the ones that will come over your house to help you fix your truck. As Bargod saw, these are guys that don't even know you and are still willing to help out.

Let's all just sit back, relax and get to know each other. It's well worth investing the time. We bring a ton of knowledge to the site on various things.

Rick...you have mail.

Sorry again guys. I hope we can start over and work out the issues.

Thanks,
Jon

Last edited by stlthf1; 02-14-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:39 PM
FordManDJ
Elder User
I have been reading many of these posts before stepping in, I like to say, to those who say they don't feel comfortable attending a GTG. Might I suggest this , what has gotten us here, is the one thing we all have in commonÉ Our love our our Ford Trucks and SUV's. Am I not correct? So think of the GTG as a chance to show your Pride & Joy and gives us all a chance as a group. It seems you are all taken this a bit too personal! I know The friends I made in the short time i was w/ ____ were all Great guys with a passion for getting together and showing off our FORD's. Sharing ideas, mods and even supportive in family matters. We had a Xmas party, had a great time. Im telling you all this just too give the Senior FTE guys a little insight on the group of guys that came in here with a lot of ambition and enthusiasim that scared some of you, I assure you no harm was intended. We all just lost our home, and real excited to get back together again. Hope this can make at least some you a little more comfortable when ever the first GTG is schedualed. You will never realy know any of us till you shake our hands and look us in the eye right? Im not some young kid trying to make amends. I am 40 yrs old w/ my first brand new Ford, this is my 5th Ford but first new one. I take a lot of pride in my truck, and I love the fact that my truck, (stock) is a rare breed. Still haven't seen one like it on the road. Under its beautiful exterior is a real work horse. It has every option from the factory available at order. For no other reason to attend, come see this BAD BOY.

Last edited by FordManDJ; 02-14-2004 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:17 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Well, I don't know that anyone was scared. More like POed, like, who the hell do these guys think they are? For all we knew, you were all run out on a rail from X, for who knows what. Like a bunch of boat people looking for a place to straggle ashore

By gone's are by gone's.. This is a new day, a new chance to start over. I don't know that I am all that keen on the idea of "showing off" my Ford though. It's just a white work truck. That is going to have a Whipple supercharger added to it next month... if everything goes according to plan. I bought my wife an Excursion yesterday, for valentines day. Not likely I will get to drive that anytime soon.

Old 02-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Please don't take what i posted to heart. I get a little nervous when asked to "take the reins" again. I would not mind though.
I do think that there should be some consideration for those senior members here. I am not the best person for the job as I don't know all the in and outs of this site.

I think some other nominations are in order.

I think that Rollie would be a good prez.!! If he will have the it.

Anyone else?

By the way, there is several people on this website that I see posting in other areas that probably have no idea that a chapter has been formed!!

How do we attract them?

I want to appoligize for the way we invaded this place. Looking back, I can see the point of kinda taking over the house when we moved in so to speak...

Mark

I guess I should have read that 3nd page!! LOL

I agree with you all!! Lets take smaller steps here, get to know each other, get some bylaws established and go from there!!!

Like I said before, taking over certainly was not our intention.
And, we left for more than one reason at site X. An incident started it but it was several incidents that ended it!!!

Last edited by Peties3; 02-14-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
I just want to let all the "older" FTE guys know that I met quite a few of the "new" guys at Hooters on the 13th, and they are all quite friendly. These guys sat down and talked with me like they had known me for a while. I had guys offer to help me move and carry heavy stuff (closing got pushed to the 26th) and just basically treat me well. I too, took offense to the barage of new people wanting to make all sorts of changes, but that will pass with time. I strongly suggest coming to a G2G if you have the opportunity. If nothing else, you can put a face to the name.

Tony

Old 02-14-2004, 06:47 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Hang10 - Thanks for mentioning that you bought your wife an Excursion. My wife read it and now the little roses I got her don't seem to do the trick. LOL

Mark thanks for the support, I would love to be a president someday and hope I can. But just like being a plant engineer at work I would only be as good as the people arounf me and from what I see of this group both old and new it would be easy to be a president.

By the way when posting could we maybe use new and existing or something like that? At my age I get a little uneasy with the word old. LOL

Hang10 - Look at it this way, one of the classes or awards at Fordtoberfest is for best work truck. We need someone to Red a run for his money. LOL

Your all great so stay at it.

Oh yeah we sure don't want to slow down or hold off on the chapter stickers. I'm proud to be here and with the Kansas Chapter and want to show it off.

Old 02-14-2004, 06:58 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Originally posted by fordborn
Hang10 - Thanks for mentioning that you bought your wife an Excursion. My wife read it and now the little roses I got her don't seem to do the trick. LOL
Candy is dandy but an Excursion is quicker

Old 02-14-2004, 07:00 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Close to the words she used only she said them from another room while I was fixing my own supper. LOL

Old 02-14-2004, 07:19 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
I would like to put this whole thing to rest. After reading an email from stlthf1 and what has been written on the board the past few days, I think it's time to put any mistrust away. From my side anyway, it's over and done, a dead issue. I formally apologize to anyone that was offended by anything I may have said. Now we just need to get on with the business of becoming at ease with everyone and maybe start outlining the charter for the chapter. Can this issue die a quiet death now? Wipe the slate clean and start fresh as of now? I am.

Old 02-14-2004, 08:49 PM
stlthf1
Posting Guru
Sounds good to me. New Day

Jon

Quick Reply: Chapter President