Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford
View Poll Results: Chapter President for Chapter
Yes, this will promote our chapter and make it better!
86.96%
No. The chapter forum is enough.
8.70%
I don't care
4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Chapter President

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 07:40 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FordManDJ, Hey this is a cool place and we are building a good chapter. Stay around and see haow things go. You are welcome here and we are glad to have you.

Old 02-11-2004, 07:36 AM
wombodtranger
Elder User
i voted

Old 02-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Bargod
Posting Guru
It would seem as though the aye's have it. The only way that I will support the idea (I originally voted no) is if there are guidelines for the position. FTE has a set of standards for moderators and I think that should carry over. I believe that they should be decided on by the chapter and included in the bylaws. Just a couple suggestions: Minimum length of time on FTE, say 6 monthes or a year, probably should be a club FTE member, must be in good standing with FTE (no warnings and what not), and should be a contributing member to the rest of the board.

These are just some ideas off the top of my head, take them for what they are worth.

Tony

Old 02-13-2004, 05:05 PM
mitch5170
Senior User
Tony,
I dont agree with the length of time issue, I can understand it for the moderator position though.

I think the only pre-requisite should be that the member is in good standing, and active on the boards and at events, length of time here has no bearing on how good of a job a person would do as a "officer"

Also by imposing a length of time you automatically leave most if not all of us new members out in the cold, I think it should be open to ALL members.

And why a Club FTE member? I have no use for a personal website so the offer really doesnt appeal to me.

Old 02-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
As for length of time, I feel that the person in this position should be very familiar with the ways of FTE, since, they are in fact a representative. I do not mean to leave anyone out, anything over a few months will leave me out also (for a position I would never want).

Club FTE was not a suggested requirement in my post, it was just a suggestion.

Old 02-13-2004, 06:34 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
I was against it too at first. Mainly because I don't like the idea of a 'pecking order' in an open group. That's why I suggested more than just a president. If you are going to have a president, there should also be other officers. Also a limit to how long a guy stays in that particular office without being re-elected. (ie) No president for life type of thing. I don't know that I care if the president is a new guy, or a more established member but I don't think the entire "government" should be comprised of all new guys, or established members.

There is going to have to be some campaigning done. Someone will have to show a willingness to do the job. Suppose you nominated a guy for VP, for example that doesn't want the job. So, if it was an open campaign for the various offices, we could vote on the persons merit and ideas alone. Just a thought.

Old 02-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by mitch5170

I think the only pre-requisite should be that the member is in good standing, and active on the boards and at events, length of time here has no bearing on how good of a job a person would do as a "officer"

I agree with Mitch's statement. It's going to come down to who has the time and energy to do it and is willing. I for one don't have the time.

And why a Club FTE member? I have no use for a personal website so the offer really doesnt appeal to me.

If you are getting a lot from this site then why wouldn't you become a member? It is not required but if you're loyal to it, why not?

As far as the time limit on it. That could be addressed by having say a one or two year term and then have members vote to see if they still wanted that person. Otherwise you may be scrambling to find people to keep it going.

My 2 cents.

Old 02-13-2004, 07:22 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Ultramagdan

As far as the time limit on it. That could be addressed by having say a one or two year term and then have members vote to see if they still wanted that person. Otherwise you may be scrambling to find people to keep it going.

My 2 cents.
That's my point. Maybe the guy won't want anymore after his term. Therefore, people that do want it should speak up instead of wasting the time saying "I nominate Joe Blow" then J.B. saying, no thanks. Then you decide to nominate John Q. Citizen, he doesn't want it either. Makes it much easier if the people that are interested in it say so.

Old 02-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
What is club FTE anyway?

What does it have to offer?

I don't mean to get off subject here but since it was mentioned in this thread as possibly being a prequisite for the prez. seat, I think the members that are interested should know without a doubt what ClubFTE stands for.
Mark

Old 02-13-2004, 07:40 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Peties3
What is club FTE anyway?

What does it have to offer?

I don't mean to get off subject here but since it was mentioned in this thread as possibly being a prequisite for the prez. seat, I think the members that are interested should know without a doubt what ClubFTE stands for.
Mark
C&P from the link to the upper right of this page

------

Join the growing community of Ford truck owners who are members of Club FTE. Club FTE is here to help enhance your Ford truck ownership experience, facilitate communication, promote the spirit of community and provide value added features.

As a club member, you'll receive a t-shirt (optional), bumper sticker, group purchase discounts, your own web site, member's only message board forums, listing in the membership site guide, email account, quarterly newsletter, members only e-mail list, a listing in the member registry, membership card, participation in local chapters and more.

-------

Old 02-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
If I read that correctly, you have to be a member of club FTE to be in the chapter. Is this correct?

Mark

Old 02-13-2004, 07:54 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
That kind of threw me too. I'm not sure what that meant/means.

Old 02-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Hmmm....
I think our moderator needs to shed some light on this.

I spent 2 yrs. dedicated to another site, I bought stickers from my own pocket to give to the new chapter members, went to every meet, bought their mag and gladly shared it at meets with others then look where that got me.

I am just not quite ready to sink my heart and sole into another website at this time.

Call it what you want,

I call it being gun shy.

Mark

P.S. for those that know what I am talking about, not mentioning any locations here, Does anyone know if the banned members will get their remaining mag. issues that were already paid for?

Last edited by Peties3; 02-13-2004 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:25 PM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark,

I believe you still get the mags. Atleast that's what it appeared to me in another thread that I have read or red.

Old 02-13-2004, 08:42 PM
hang10
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Peties3
Hmmm....
I think our moderator needs to shed some light on this.

I spent 2 yrs. dedicated to another site, I bought stickers from my own pocket to give to the new chapter members, went to every meet, bought their mag and gladly shared it at meets with others then look where that got me.

I am just not quite ready to sink my heart and sole into another website at this time.

Call it what you want,

I call it being gun shy.

Mark

Mark, I don't think it means that you have to be a club FTE member to participate in the chapters, you know sometimes things are lost in translation. No one has been told that they can not participate, quite the opposite.

You seemed to me to be wanting this 'presidents' job. Are you saying that you don't? No one has suggested you pay for anything out of pocket here. That isn't the issue, I know. However, I don't think club FTE is a prerequisite for participation at any level. If I can keep from being banned from FTE, I think I have been told I have one strike left, I plan on joining in the pretty near future. There are benefits that I would probably never use. I have enough email accounts to clog any server already. I have 2 gigs of web space but use none of it. I do know though, that keeping this thing "on the air" costs money. I am willing to help foot the bill through club FTE.

I think maybe it was misworded, or it was an idea that has gone by the wayside. Don't sweat it. I think you are safe and don't "have" to join if you don't want.

Quick Reply: Chapter President