Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Fordtoberfest ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 12:57 PM
WeWeld
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys

The shows we have out here run from 9am to 3pm which gives travel time.

Participant voting takes a lot of pressure off you guys all you need are counters,which Sheryl and I would be willing to help with.

The awards should start about 1:30pm they do take along time to get though.

Entry fee of $10 to $20 is very good price and a goodie bag helps alot.

Holding it at a dealership has its advantages for the dealer and the club. We have had three events at our sponsors dealership and they have all been great.

Maybe a list of Hotels and Motels close by for those of us comming from out of state and a car or truck wash where we can clean off a little road grime.

The trophy in memory of Tim would be a really cool idea I would be willing to help with that in any way possible,with a donation or even suppling the trophy for you.

I would be willing to help in any way possible just let me know

GENE

Old 02-07-2004, 01:17 PM
stlthf1
Posting Guru
Gene,

Those are some great ideas. Mitch, Tim, Ken and I went to a show that they made their trophies. It looked like they used a plasma cutter to cut out flames and mounted them on a pedistal. Then all they had to do was come up with small plaques for each award.

Jon

Old 02-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Bargod
Posting Guru
I have a friend that builds, and sells these huge smoker/bbqs. He also caters events, large and small. Would anyone be interested in having him come to Fordtoberfest? I spoke to him briefly last night and he liked the idea. I told him I would post about it and see what everyone thought.

Old 02-15-2004, 12:21 PM
stlthf1
Posting Guru
I think that would be a good idea. We'll get together with him and check it out. I think that would go over well.

Email me his info and I'll give him a shout.

Thanks,
Jon

Old 02-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Jon, you have mail.

Old 02-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Reading the whole thread, I noticed that WEWELD mentioned having a list of hotels and what not. It just so happens that I have worked in the hotel industry here for about 4 years. I know quite a few people in the industry and could probably set up a negotiated rate somewhere for people coming in. After a full day at the show, I know I wouldn't want to get on the highway and drive home. Depending on where it's at, I can find a hotel close by.

Old 02-15-2004, 05:25 PM
mitch5170
Senior User
Bargod,
That would be a big help!

We will be putting together our flyer here soon, and the Hotel info needs to bo on it, especially if you can negotiate a special rate.

The show will be at Mel Hambelton Ford 119th st west and Kellogg, so any west side Hotels will work!

Regarding the smoker/bbq guy...sounds good, except I may already have plans for food, If I play the cards right, the dealership will foot the bill for food. and they have several contracts thru various concession outfits. Cant beat free food eh?

Im think a small entry fee of $10 would cover the costs of putting on the show, along with any raffles and what not. I will be talking with the dealership soon, to discuss things like a burnout contest, food issue, and maybe even a scavenger hunt.

I would also like to invite any sponsors or vendors to be on site to display their goods, for a small donation they are welcome to display and sell products at the show.

Old 02-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
I work at the Candlewood, so they're first and I used to work at the Holiday Inn by the airport, so I'll call them, and I have friends at the 4 Points. I will need an idea of how many people you think will come in overnight. I know that will take a little while, but I'ss start making phone calls in the next day or two.

Old 02-16-2004, 06:13 AM
mitch5170
Senior User
Last year we had around 20 rooms, I want to promote this show heavily in the surrounding states, so Im thinking we need at least the same 20 rooms this year, maybe more, If you can get us a special price I would be willing to make the hotel our "official" hotel.

I know last year many shopped for price alone, I think some went with the cheapest room they could get like the motel 6, while others stayed at more expensive places.

I guess what Im trying to say is Wichita isnt that big, and is pretty easy to get around, and if the best deal is on the east side, then it should still work, it doesnt necessarily have to be on the west side.

Thanks for the help!

Old 02-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Well i will need a room!! I would like to stay close to the show area. Just don't feel like driving though town much. Bargod, put me down for one!!
Mark

Old 02-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
I'm kinda geared toward the Holiday Inn or the 4 Points, because thay are full srevice (pool, restautant, etc.) but the candlewood is all suites with a full kitchen in them, but they aren't full service. I think it would be based on preference, although, staying at candlewood will save people money since they don't have to go out to eat if they don't want to.

Mitch - don't worry, I will find us a good deal on the west side, even if I have to call in a couple favors. If you don't mind, can you email me a way to get ahold of you, so that when I have all the info, we can discuss it. IMO, price isn't the only consideration, and I think we need to look at creature comforts too. I have been involved with all the hotels on my list so I know the ins and outs of each facility.

on edit: I talked to the guy at the 4 Points and tentatively, we have $65, and that includes a breakfast buffet for everyone that stays there.

Last edited by Bargod; 02-16-2004 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:04 PM
wombodtranger
Elder User
yeah put me down for one i might have friend that i met this weekend she is girl and loves trucks

Old 02-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Once we decide on a hotel, it will be up to the individuals to call and make their reservations. To use a rooming listwould be too complicated IMO.

Old 02-16-2004, 03:48 PM
stlthf1
Posting Guru
yeah..that would be complicated. The hotel you work at is on Web and Kellogg right? If so, that would be easy. Everyone could get off the turnpike, go to their rooms and then go west on kellogg to the show.

Maybe if you could just get some pricing that would be great. Then once the show is closer everyone can start making reservations.

Jon

Old 02-16-2004, 03:54 PM
ChiefsFan
Posting Guru
Just talked to the "boss" and she said it is a definate yes. So I will be there everyone. hopefully by then I will have my lift and tires on the truck. Uncle Sam wasnt as kind to me so couldnt get it done with his money.

Quick Reply: Fordtoberfest ideas