1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting tranny rebuilt tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-16-2002, 08:16 PM
Twinbulls
Senior User

Well this is what happened,Wife broke down in Ga.I went to get her(tranny over heat??) We make it back to Ft.Lauderdale drop her minivan off at shop they check it out all is fine with minivan,Dodged that bullit.
With talking to tranny guy he checks out my truck.
I have had a slugish spot between 2nd and 3rd and when its cold I here a low cliking noise from TC I think??
WELL they run it for codes and nothing but then road test it and they feel something??? Well I do have an extended warranty,I get the paper work out of truck and WOW only 185 miles left on warranty I have 81855 miles on truck.
well they call Warranty people and one of there guys are in the area so he will stop by,and he does and checks out tranny and says replace it its covered!!!
I almost fell down.I do have to pay $100 deductible.

Now Iam getting tranny rebuilt What do I need to talk to tranny guy about????He comes highly reccomended and so for he has helped me out GREATLY.I am looking for what ever info I can ask him or say I want done.
twinbulls

Old 07-17-2002, 08:52 PM
GRUMPY_ FD
Senior User

Now thats bad news and good news not really sure what you should ask but would like to no what you find out.Take care and happy travels.