Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 09:27 PM
nussy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo upgrade

Hi there,I am a new member and have learned alot from this site visiting it.I have a 1995 ford f-350 4x4 with a powerstroke.I have installed a 3 d.p. and 4" exhaust with a microchip supertuner and the tymar (napa) air filter.I want more power.WHat is a good re-placement turbo(upgrade turbo)and how much boost will it hit.My truck is lifted with 38" tires and i need more.What is the difference between the newer 7.3 and the older ones?Will i benifit from a later model turbo.How about a intercooler.Thanks for any help.

Old 01-13-2004, 09:53 PM
ltfox
Posting Guru
Visit www.bankspower.com. If you got the money they can really set you up!

Old 01-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
as far as turbos go, I know there is a new turbo but I don't know who makes it. Its called the H2 turbo, and I heard about it from a company called Hypermax Diesel tweaks. Has something like a five inch turbine wheel and provides an impressive amount of boost. This was combined with injector as well. Is your 95 a powerstroke? The older Direct injection 7.3 were all mechanical injection, while the powerstroke in computer. The powerstroke therefor start easier, better milage, and more power. Intercooler is a must if bigger turbo, chip or injector work is done. If you plan on going all out on power, make sure you get a Turbine INlet temp guage, and don't let it get above 1350 degrees. have fun with the great truck!
Tim

Old 01-14-2004, 11:43 PM
jdboy9
Freshman User
Unless you go all out on injectors a new turbo is not necessary. The stock turbo is efficent to 25 lbs and after that it is operating out of its abilities. It will still performe past that but you will build heat very fast and have lots of backpressure. The H2 is a holset turbo and is sold by Hypermax for about 2400 bucks I believe. They have a website but I don't know the address, do a search it will come up.