Sponsored by: DP Tuner

EBPV Staying open

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 12:50 PM
bricot
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBPV Staying open

With this colder weather I notice that the EBPV seems to still be engaged even after the engine has come up to operating temp.

Out of curiousity I shut it down at a stop light and fired it back up and it was no longer engaged .... What controls whether it is active or not...

Old 01-06-2004, 04:28 PM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 183 Likes on 83 Posts
There is a sensor located just behind the high pressure oil pump, more towards the passenger side, with a plug on the top. It is fed pressure through a tube (brake line type thingy) from a hole in the pass. side exhaust manifold. If you are annoyed by it you can simply unplug the valves electrical connection, a 2 prong weatherpack located near the base of the turbo on the driver's side.
Or you can take the tube off and clean it out.
Or you can remove the valve, rip it's guts out, seal up the holes and put it back on.
Or you could wire a switch to the valve and operate it manually.
Or you could gut it, cap the manifold, toss the tube and plug the connection into a "dongle" available from SP diesel.

Sorry, did you want options?

'17 6.7 F-250 KR ccsb 4x4
Old 01-07-2004, 11:45 AM
bricot
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Options are great!

I was curious because I would assume that once the motor gets up to or close to operating temp the thing should shut off, and it doesn't seem to to do that, yet if you shut it down and start it back up it seemed to be disengaged. Sounds to me like it wasn't working correctly so, I'll start with cleaning the tube