Sponsored by:

Missing Vacuum Hose -help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 07:59 AM
AQUARIES1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Missing Vacuum Hose -help

Help - I think a shop removed a vacuum hose a long time ago and I would like to install a new one, so my heater & A/C will work properly The water valve between the water pump and the heater core has a connection for a vacuum line, however I cannot find where the line should connect to the system. I looked at all the lines and the switch in the dash but cannot find a port where it could have connected. The vacuum diagram under the hood does not include the heater control vacuum lines only the emission lines. Can someone check where their watervalve line connects or tell me where I can get a vacuum diagram for the heater? This is a 1992 Bronco w 5.8 & A/C.

Thanks
Wayne

Old 12-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Let's see of the Bronco forum can provide any help.

Old 12-15-2003, 06:38 AM
AQUARIES1
Freshman User
I tried the Bronco forum - no help.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:17 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I know it may not help you now, but when I get home, I'll look at the Haynes manual for your year and see what I can come up with. I will set a reminder so I dont forget about it.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:40 AM
AQUARIES1
Freshman User
I assume the Bronco forum is the one on Yahoo, I posted a "help" request on Nov 5.

Billy Bob will look into Hayne's Manual tonight. I have a manual I think is Hayne's, I could find no information to help. I'll await Billy's search. Thanks

Old 12-15-2003, 08:46 AM
iskybantilus
Elder User
if i remember and its not to dark/cold out when i get home from work .. i'll take a look under my hood and see if i can see where it connects. Your refering to the heatercore shut off valve located in between the water pump and the heater core .. right? What it does is to stop heat from going to the heater core if you have the heat off? just want to make sure we're on the same page. I assume my 94 351 should be pretty close to yours.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:49 AM
AQUARIES1
Freshman User
MISSING VAC LINE

YES, YOU'VE GOT IT.

THANKS,

W

Old 12-15-2003, 08:54 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

AHHH HA!!! See...you just went to the wrong Bronco forum the first time. You still want me to check out the manual tonight? I should have an answer about 4:30pm Mountain Time.

Old 12-15-2003, 10:05 AM
iskybantilus
Elder User
well, like i said, i'll take a look when i get home, and if i see it i'll try to snap a digital picture and send u too. sometimes lookin in them haynes digrams can just drive u up a wall. i am eastern time .. over here on the east coast .. i usually get home about 5 oclock my time. At least if i look when i get home the engine will be nice and warm .. hehe. its a bit chilly out here today, with a cold wind chill.

Old 12-15-2003, 10:32 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Yea its cold here too. You will be home about the time Im gettin off work. Oh..And be ready for more snow and cold. Just passed us today.

Old 12-15-2003, 01:33 PM
AQUARIES1
Freshman User
Cool

What's all this about cold?
Comfortable 78F here all day.
Wayne of Miami
I await your checks & Where is the right Bronco Forum?

Old 12-15-2003, 01:44 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Send me a bill AQUARIES1, and I'll tell ya the check is in themal. hehe
THIS IS THE ONLY BRONCO FORUM!!! MUUHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old 12-15-2003, 04:30 PM
iskybantilus
Elder User
Well, i took a look under my hood. Found nothing directly inline with my heater core lines. i thought there was something. the only vacuum lines i found where going into the heater box right near the rear of the valve cover, on the top of the heater box. this goes into a T, and then it goes over towards the fender, where it joins up with some electrical work inside of a bundle, and heads inside the truck. The other end of the T disapeared under the valve cover. Hopefully the haynes manual has information and billybob can fidn something. If need me, i can go take a look and dig into it a little more.

Billybob - We had that snow on sunday .. but it turned to rain here and washed away, so at least this morning wasnt an icy commute, but its cold out there. hopefully that storm u just got misses. i wouldnt mind a good deal of snow, but this icy junk we been getting stinks. At least a foot of snow keeps everyone but trucks off the road. Ice and you have every moron out drining worse then usual.

Old 12-15-2003, 06:00 PM
AQUARIES1
Freshman User
THANKS FOR LOOKING - FROM YOUR DESCRIPTION SOUNDS LIKE A DIFFERENT LAYOUT FOR THE 94 PRODUCTION. I'LL WAIT ON BILLY BRONCO

Old 12-15-2003, 09:54 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

OK Here is the description of the vacuum lines going from the heater selector panel. There is a Harness connector in a notch in the lower edge of the floor distribution duct.(Holds the harness on place). The other end is on the plenum. I am assuming that by "plenum", Haynes means the main duct work or central duct work. So I would look for something on the side of your duct work, begining at the center bottom by the floor. Should be a harness plug on the side of it. Let me know if this doesnt help. I'll see if I can find a pic or better description of the location.

Quick Reply: Missing Vacuum Hose -help