2 Fords 1 Problem - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

2 Fords 1 Problem

Old 12-09-2003, 06:03 AM
GLASMECH
Freshman User
GLASMECH is starting off with a positive reputation.
2 Fords 1 Problem

I have a similar complaint as one of my last posts on EGR. I have 4.2 and a 4.9 with the same miss at around 80km. Both are of different years, one 1999, the other 1992. Both E150's. It seemed to come up after I used emission cleaner in the brake booster hose. I did a second application on the 4.9 with no better results. I have tore down all of the EGR systems on both vehicles. The only difference being that I now have a code on the 4.9, code211 PIP cicuit. Regarless of that, the miss is there. I am unable to road test the 4.2 due to the rear end being out of it, meltdown due to a blown seal. Is it possible that there is a deeper ignition problem on the 4.2 that is not showing up? I believe from archive posts that the PIP may cause a miss, however it seems that most with PIP problems fail to run! I was mostly a GM worker and now I am finding myself alittle overwhelmed with these Fords. Both MAP sensors check OK. If anyone knows where I can get a component locator that would be of great help. There are some things that I am not to familiar with. Thanks in advance for your help.
David

Old 12-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
Busa01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
David,

I'm sorry you didn't get any responses right away. The guys on this forum usually jump all over fresh threads. However, as I am not a mechanic, I am pretty familiar with working on my truck, with the exception of a complete engine rebuild. But what you speak seems Greak to me. Spraying emission cleaner in your brake booster hose? And that's causing a "miss"? What's a miss? Can you describe what's happening in more detail. Perhaps you should just take it to the dealer and have them flash the code and locate the problem, then you can fix it yourself from there. I'm simply stumped on this one, as I think everyone else is too, which is why nobody responded right away.

Sorry I couldn't help and good luck with this problem. Please let us know what it is when you figure it out.

Tom

Old 12-12-2003, 05:59 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
true4.2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What Tom said...

Old 12-12-2003, 06:16 PM
GLASMECH
Freshman User
Missssssssfire! No codes, I have a code reader.

Old 12-12-2003, 07:21 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
horizonhuskies is starting off with a positive reputation.
I knew what he meant, just had no idea how to advise...Im just a telephone tech in the coast guard for crying out loud. :*( LMAO

Garrett

Old 12-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
Busa01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Misfire? You mean like a hesitation? at what rpm's does this happen and is your engine cold or hot when it does? It's not setting off any codes, hmm strange. Not the plugs or wires? too simple? Any slack in the timing belt?

Old 12-15-2003, 06:23 PM
GLASMECH
Freshman User
It does'nt matter if it is cold or hot. It occurs all the time. I did replace the DPFE, although I have not had an opportunity to road test because the diff is out of it. I have checked the EGR ports and have found NO problems. I am overwhelmed at this time with repairs, I will definetly post if the DPFE repaired this as there was a TSB on this particular engine, the 4.2. However the 4.9 has a code 211 which also has a TSB, I will get to that once I can finish the 4.2's rear end. Thanks for your interest, If I can be of any help don't hesitated to ask.
David

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.