Wiring in the Tilt Steering

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 01:39 AM
99OYA
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wiring in the Tilt Steering

Hey guys, first post, here it goes.
I proudly own a 1999 F-250 SD Powerstroke. I have three problems with it. First, when I move the tilt steering all of the way down it stretches and cuts the wires leading to the Overdrive off button on my automatic gear shift. Any Ideas to fix, I have been told it is a Super Duty problem. Second, when I move the wheel to either all of the way up or down tilt, it breaks the plug harness for the turn signals, causing them to quit working. Again my dealer said, "Super Duty Problem." Their advice is to just keep putting new wires and plugs in the steering column. There has got to be a better way! Someone help! The truck has been taken care of and only has 70,000 miles. Another problem is that the tires on the front end "Squat." I don't mean the nose of the truck is lower than the rear, I mean if you look at the truck head on, the front tires lean in. The Ball Joints are all good, is this too a super duty problem. I owned a 1995 1/2 ton Ford before moving into this 1999 3/4 ton. My 1/2 had no problems of this nature. Any ideas guys or gals?? Thanks a lot!!

Old 12-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Have a look here.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

I would take it back to the dealer and ask if he is sure this problem should this wouldn't be a safety recall.