Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the coolest things you have done with your truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:52 AM
homoudont
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the coolest things you have done with your truck

what have you done with your truck that is worth while telling. some nice old battle stories explaining the life of your truck? for example why it has its name what you have done to make it look the way it does?

Old 12-03-2003, 07:45 AM
68FordCA
Junior User
Pulled a bone head manuever while out hunting one year. A buddy and I were out, he in his truck, me in mine. He climbed up one hill that was littered with rocks, no big deal since he had 4 wheel drive. My turn came (lifted 2wd pickup). I started to climb the hill, stalled, backed to the bottom and thought, "Hey, I'll just POWER myself over the top!!" Riiiiight, my right front wheel hit a basketball sized rock, bounced that side up, and when it came down, my battery hold down snapped, sending the battery flying into the radiator. Well crap!! I'm 30 some odd miles from home! Luckily, my buddy lived 10 miles from where we were, and had a 78 Bronco, so we pulled that radiator out and stuck in my truck so I could get home. I now have a custom whizbang battery box that I built to hold that battery VERY securely

Old 12-03-2003, 01:13 PM
rebel_ford4x4
Posting Guru
this has nothing to do with 87-96 trucks, it belongs in general conversation

Old 12-03-2003, 07:43 PM
homoudont
Senior User
fine ill re-write the question!!!!

what is the coolest thing you have done with your 87-96 ford truck. thats why i put it here i dint mean in general dissucsion cause i said truck and i mean the year that the catogory was under. i dint want vans or anything like that iw anted the 87-96 F150

Old 12-03-2003, 09:29 PM
f100guy
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ok i had my first truck it was a 90 f150 with 5.0. always picking up everybody on the weekend to go partying. all weekend. i am 19 so you all know how it is in a small town on the weekends. anyway, i got drunk and tried to beat up my friend but i could not really hold myself up and he would not fight.they put me in my lwb light blue ford and was about to take me home but i got really mad and punched my windshield out. and kicked my door and broke my cb radio. and then on another party weekend it was the next morning after the big @ss party my friend was roof surfing on a dirt road on my truck and i was not paying attention because i was looking back and laughing so hard. i turned around and my passenger side wheels were in the ditch and a colvert was coming fast. and i hit it and jump it going about 55 with my friend on top. that was funny. we all called my truck that i miss so much old blue. it had a red passenger door because i backed up with the door open and it caught a telephone pole.

Old 12-03-2003, 09:40 PM
f100guy
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
here is another one with a 4x4 bronco 2. i had two 22's in with me with 2 mexicans and me. we drove down this muddy road to go mudding. we found my other friends with a 78 blazer 4x4, a piece, they new we had the guns with us. on the way out of the woods the blazer was in front of us and i let my friend drive. i was riding shotgun. this dude was throwing ice at my bronco so i got a big ball bearing out of an old cv joint and lightly threw it, we were driving down the road, i thought i miss the blazer and i wanted to hit the rood but a couple seconds later all you see is the big back glass shatter. i told the drive to book it and go. but 2.8 v6's are slow the blazer caught up. so we pulled over to far in the ditch full of water with the 4x4 off. i got out and my friend got out and started griping about the window. and got in my face so i pushed him back 2 times i was ready to throw down and wrestle but he was scared. but you should have seen them in the blazer. they ducked faster than i have ever seen anybody duck. they thought we shot at them. and we were stuck big time. a chick at school called my truck the redican bronco because the shocks were bad and made it look lowered, the windows were real dark it had keystone klassics with road hugger 60's all the way around it. and it was 4x4 and always muddy. she said it was half mexican and half redneck

Old 12-04-2003, 06:43 AM
homoudont
Senior User
i have no good stories abot my f150 mainly cause i cant drive yet. but me and my dad were on soem road and a corvett was pissing us off. so my dad sped up ( this is when i 1st got it) what was hillarious which seems impossible like he was leting us win was that the ve took off all bad @$$, we cought up to him about 2ft behind him on the right side speedometer burried. could it be posssible the vet was letting us catch up or was it that. my dad says that the truck cant do any mroe then 90 i think this is BS, how can i get it to go faster.

another thing we were goign down the same road and we were at the"start line" (the stop ligth you would race at) then we took off and all of a sudden a we hered a crack and the truck started to sound really really loud. the muffeler had cracked off and it sounded like a tank. sadly my dad had the muffeleer replaced.

my mom backed up and almost took the drivers side door off. thats one of the things that i had to bondo up the big dent that was left their.

later

( wow i proofread the whole thing looks good)

Old 12-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Peter94
Postmaster
i think an 87 f150 my uncle has, had a shed fall down on it, bending one side of the box, and the thing is almost 100% rust, the tail lights were falling out, so he bolted them to the rear bumper, And it has a "Rusty Jones " rust protectant on it, which obviously does not work, so we call it rusty jones

Old 12-04-2003, 04:43 PM
homoudont
Senior User
lol sound funny kinda a real hillbilly way.

Old 12-04-2003, 05:43 PM
Peter94
Postmaster
the funniest part about it is if you hooked up a good battery to it it would probably startr right up, its got the 302 in it