Cat back for 2000 5.4 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 03:51 PM
johns52
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat back for 2000 5.4 F-150

I'm looking for suggestions for a cat back system for my truck. I would like something that will improve my performance and possibly my gas mileage. I'm looking for something that will not raise the sound levels in my cab or be overly loud outside. I know there is alot of great info on this site and hope that someone has a system that meets my needs.

Thanks, John

Old 11-28-2003, 10:30 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You will be very happy with a Gibson if you want very little interior resonance. I had a Gibson swept side catback on my 01 F150 5.4. It was very quiet in the cab (almost stock, but you could hear a slight rumble, very nice). The exhaust note at the tailpipe was very low and refined as well. Gibson is the "quietest" manufacturer on the market, but they also make the same power as all of the others. Sounds like a win-win to me. You will not notice huge gains in either the performance, or gas mileage. I noticed that I had better launches, and a bit more passing power. As for mileage, if there was any, I didnt realize it (I also loved to punch the throttle to hear the exhaust .)

Rich

Old 11-28-2003, 10:35 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I forgot to include this. I have bought many exhaust components from this site. They have great pricing, and were very helpful. www.proficientperformance.com . Keep us informed of any decisions.

Rich