1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 6.0 Glow Plug wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 08:36 PM
Middlemore
Cross-Country
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 6.0 Glow Plug wiring diagram

Hey Group,
Just finished up my complete rebuild which got quite extensive. This program with my glow plugs existed prior to the rebuild (glow plug module DTC), so I replaced the glow plugs, harness and module when I was putting it all back together. Problem is I am getting the P0683 DTC and the glow plug system is definitely not working as I get the excessive smoke and fumes during startup. Since I live in Montana, and the winters can get severe, I really need to get this resolved. I am getting power to both the black and green module clips but I have no idea how to test the PCM leads. Plus I can't find a schematic on the wiring diagram so I can trace back the wires and find their start point in order to Ohm test them. We all know the insane amount of wires there are under the hood.

Anyone got advice on testing or the diagram?
Thanks

Old 05-13-2024, 06:13 AM
Baylinerchuck
Laughing Gas
Received 369 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Middlemore
Hey Group,
Just finished up my complete rebuild which got quite extensive. This program with my glow plugs existed prior to the rebuild (glow plug module DTC), so I replaced the glow plugs, harness and module when I was putting it all back together. Problem is I am getting the P0683 DTC and the glow plug system is definitely not working as I get the excessive smoke and fumes during startup. Since I live in Montana, and the winters can get severe, I really need to get this resolved. I am getting power to both the black and green module clips but I have no idea how to test the PCM leads. Plus I can't find a schematic on the wiring diagram so I can trace back the wires and find their start point in order to Ohm test them. We all know the insane amount of wires there are under the hood.

Anyone got advice on testing or the diagram?
Thanks
Head on over to the 6.0 section of the forum. I think the diagram you’re looking for is in some of the reference material in the stickies. You’ll get the help you need over there. See ya there.

Old 05-13-2024, 10:38 AM
Middlemore
Cross-Country
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Baylinerchuck
Head on over to the 6.0 section of the forum. I think the diagram you’re looking for is in some of the reference material in the stickies. You’ll get the help you need over there. See ya there.
I found the section, I had seen some talk about it but didn't know I had to look under Diesel.

Do I post the question again in that section or hunt around? I did a search and I seem to get more results back on 7.3s. And what are the stickies? Obviously i am not a frequent user no idea what those are. Thanks

Old 05-13-2024, 08:34 PM
Baylinerchuck
Laughing Gas
Received 369 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Middlemore
I found the section, I had seen some talk about it but didn't know I had to look under Diesel.

Do I post the question again in that section or hunt around? I did a search and I seem to get more results back on 7.3s. And what are the stickies? Obviously i am not a frequent user no idea what those are. Thanks
Yep, just post it again. The stickies are at the top of the 6.0 section. There is a lot of good information in there.