Four Ford Trucks Take Home ‘Best Value’ Awards for 2024

Four Ford Trucks Take Home ‘Best Value’ Awards for 2024
By Brett Foote

Based on a cost of ownership analysis.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:43 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,233 Likes on 809 Posts
I guess it helps when there's no competition for the Mav or the lightning.

Old 05-01-2024, 03:13 PM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,335 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
I guess it helps when there's no competition for the Mav or the lightning.
Super Duty don't count? Or did you not actually read the article? I'm betting on the former. Not trying to butt into your personal or business life or anything but are you ok? I've noticed lately you seem to be bit cynical towards the extreme end of just about every subject that comes up in here lately.

We all have bad days, lord knows I have my share, you don't seem to be your usual jovial self.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:15 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,233 Likes on 809 Posts
Originally Posted by RLXXI
Super Duty don't count? Or did you not actually read the article? I'm betting on the former. Not trying to butt into your personal or business life or anything but are you ok? I've noticed lately you seem to be bit cynical towards the extreme end of just about every subject that comes up in here lately.

We all have bad days, lord knows I have my share, you don't seem to be your usual jovial self.
Sooo because I'm a moderator I don't get to express an opinion? I'm also a Ford customer and to a fault, a life long customer of exclusive Ford ownership. I think that earns me an opinion as it would for anyone else.

Who's competing with the Maverick right now besides the Hyundai? The article didn't have to reach too far to come that conclusion. Likewise, which truck is the Lightning's competition? The Rivian? Please tell me the buying public has lots of choices for an electric truck.

I can see the value in the Superduty trucks, even the F150 but the truck that was missing that I completely expected to see in the article is the Ranger. Even with the 2.3L ecoboost and 10 speed trans, it has the highest payload and towing specs of all the mid sized trucks and it's priced in the ballpark with the others.

So as long as Ford continues to allow it's dealer network to charge a 10-15% regional market value add on fee, I see no value in the Maverick and for that reason alone, I'd go after the Santa Cruz. I've stated my opinions about electric vehicles and I'll repeat, when the pricing structure parallels that of it's ICE siblings, then Ford and other builders may have my attention.

Until Ram and GM come out with a truck to compete with the lightning, the Lightning stands alone and that doesn't make a great deal.