General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Attention Moderators!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 07:14 PM
Gomerpyle
Hotshot
Received 2,645 Likes on 1,295 Posts
Attention Moderators!!

Can we PLEASE eliminate these ridiculous "meangless" threads posted by one person and only commented on by one person? Isn't this supposed to be General NON-Automotive CONVERSATION? I see no conversation whatsoever on these threads and they are posted on constantly by ONE person only and blocking out meaningful threads. When is enough enough?? I've ignored this individual but it does no good when countless new threads of nothing keep trashing my screen. Thank you.

Old 03-22-2024, 08:41 PM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,339 Likes on 1,062 Posts
Originally Posted by Gomerpyle
Can we PLEASE eliminate these ridiculous "meangless" threads posted by one person and only commented on by one person? Isn't this supposed to be General NON-Automotive CONVERSATION? I see no conversation whatsoever on these threads and they are posted on constantly by ONE person only and blocking out meaningful threads. When is enough enough?? I've ignored this individual but it does no good when countless new threads of nothing keep trashing my screen. Thank you.
I am right there with you and have reported same. I won't be renewing my membership here when it comes due next time if they allow this to continue. That much IS certain.

The following 2 users liked this post by RLXXI:
Old 03-22-2024, 08:49 PM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
Received 3,438 Likes on 2,352 Posts
GEESH .......... Face it your are not funny.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:01 PM
Gomerpyle
Hotshot
Originally Posted by RLXXI
I am right there with you and have reported same. I won't be renewing my membership here when it comes due next time if they allow this to continue. That much IS certain.
Thank you and I agree. Maybe I should have made a poll out of this to see if others agree. Please chime in anyone else to stop these irritating & useless one person threads.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:16 PM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
.......................... ......................

Old 03-23-2024, 06:50 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,247 Likes on 4,275 Posts
If you have problems with certain individuals...put them on ignore or avoid their posts and threads.

Old 03-23-2024, 07:20 AM
Gomerpyle
Hotshot
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
If you have problems with certain individuals...put them on ignore or avoid their posts and threads.
if you read my first post, I HAVE ignored this particular person. Although I can't read what is posted, I can still see the numerous threads of nothing that clogs up the forum. Why can't one person only ridiculous threads be eliminated as they are not conversations? I've seen people banned for less than this mess.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:43 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,247 Likes on 4,275 Posts
I did read your first post GP. If we only allowed "conversations"...many of the threads would be eliminated...such as "Random Photos"..."What are you listening to"..."The Word Games"...etc...etc...etc.

Old 03-23-2024, 04:53 PM
Gomerpyle
Hotshot

Old 03-23-2024, 05:28 PM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,339 Likes on 1,062 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
I did read your first post GP. If we only allowed "conversations"...many of the threads would be eliminated...such as Random Photos"..."What are you listening to"..."The Word Games"...etc...etc...etc.
Useless "Self conversations" should be banned. Come on Ken, you can't sit there with all the many complaints about this person from MANY people MANY different times and not notice a problem. I wonder how IBbrands feels about revenue loss due to disruptive people in forums causing paying members to stop contributing.

If the dev team that runs this website would implement complete ignoring of a member as in, NOT being able to see the garbage pile up day after day, new thread after new useless thread, page after page of the same crap over and over and over from the same person, it wouldn't be an issue. Those that are annoyed will never see any new or old threads the ignored makes. Yes it IS an option in the forums software!!! I left another truck forum because of this person and yet again am dealing with this bs because he was banned over there (Also IBbrand owned) so don't tell me this is a corporate decision because it's NOT. As a team moderator YOU have the discretion to fix the problem.

Guess I'll take my $$ support to a new forum when this one runs out if something isn't done about the nuisance. It's like having a mosquito buzzing you all the time, eventually you have to grab a can of spray. Well since forum moderators here are consistently allowing this behavior to continue, it's time to pull out the bug spray, in this case it'll be in the form of my $$ never reaching IBbrands coffers.

Fix the problem or lose $$. What do you think works for a company in business to make profit? Lose paying members to non paying members. Interesting concept.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-23-2024, 06:05 PM
alloro
Received 4,209 Likes on 2,452 Posts
It's not that I disagree with your frustration, but are you suggesting that we censor somebody simply because we don't like what or how they post, even though they are not violating the FTE TOS?

Old 03-23-2024, 06:07 PM
alloro
Originally Posted by RLXXI
Useless "Self conversations" should be banned.
So you're saying as moderators, we should start censoring those who are posting in ways we don't agree with? Are you offering to let us start with your posts?

Old 03-23-2024, 06:10 PM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
Yep, ignore is glamorous!
Unfriend is purr-fect !
Then just remove your likes. Fantastic!

Old 03-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Gomerpyle
Hotshot
Originally Posted by alloro
Are you suggesting that we censor somebody simply because you don't like what they post, even though they are not violating the FTE TOS?
Not at all, i cant even see what they post, as i have said person "ignored" I suggest we just eliminate single person threads that go nowhere, & never commented on & are constantly posted on by one person just to be put back on top of page. This person posts nothing but useless ramblings over the years that no one pays attention too. All these posts & threads do is push useful threads used by many people down the page. It's like a constant commercial over & over again. Why let this happen? There have been many complaints about this.

Old 03-23-2024, 06:17 PM
alloro
Not at all, i cant even see what they post, as i have said person "ignored" I suggest we just eliminate single person threads that go nowhere, & never commented on & are constantly posted on by one person just to be put back on top of page. This person posts nothing but useless ramblings over the years that no one pays attention too. All these posts & threads do is push useful threads used by many people down the page. It's like a constant commercial over & over again. Why let this happen? There have been many complaints about this.
I'm looking at the silver lining. All of those posts that appear to irritate so many are now in one thread, instead of intermixed into several. This is a win-win.

The following 2 users liked this post by alloro:

Quick Reply: Attention Moderators!!