2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Big brother watches, and You don't know it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 04:40 AM
IADiver
Tuned
Received 285 Likes on 167 Posts
Carfax is the biggest contributor. They get access to data from the manufactures. Every place that services vehicles and uses Carfax gets mileage updates. Ever have anything done at a shop, and all of the sudden you start getting emails "It's time for such and such service"? Shops pay subscriptions to Carfax for that data. Anyone who thinks they are not being tracked in everything you do is a fool. The "Patriot Act" took care of that for us.....

Last edited by IADiver; 03-13-2024 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 03-13-2024, 06:04 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 984 Likes on 601 Posts
Where your information is going and who is selling it: https://www.telematicswire.net/ford-...a-to-insurers/
What I'd like to know is where "with the driver's consent" comes into play and how to revoke it if one has unknowingly agreed to it.

Old 03-13-2024, 06:21 AM
4wheelsandahitch
Tuned
Received 176 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by srkr
I could care less. But hey I have nothing to hide.
It is not about having nothing to hide. It is about your freedom.

The following 4 users liked this post by 4wheelsandahitch:
Old 03-13-2024, 06:32 AM
SmokNStroke
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware the virtual modem module and virtual wi-fi transceiver...

Software on your ssd. No hardware needed anymore.

Old 03-13-2024, 08:13 AM
redford
Received 1,631 Likes on 955 Posts
They don't need electronics to track you. All you owners using the fuel discount programs are just giving the data brokers your information.

Ponder this. These companies are not "non-profit." If you get a 25 cent per gallon discount from a program, your data is worth more than 25 cents per gallon to them.

Your data is the product. What you drive, what you tow, where you go, what you buy, it is all worth a lot of money.

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-13-2024, 08:28 AM
cmk1
Mountain Pass
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Just think what your internet provider knows about you (private tab, incognito, etc doesn't hide from your provider only your search history in your browser), unless you use a recursive dns.

Old 03-13-2024, 08:28 AM
andrew8406
Mountain Pass
Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts
Fuel programs are just the beginning... Flock systems has been getting implemented all around the US by police departments large and small. They sit on the side of the road and record not just your movements, but often "other characteristics" of your vehicle as it drives by. So, basically as much data as they can gleam as you drive by. Then the police departments have access to all of your, and anyone one else's movement... I live in relatively rural Wisconsin and I'm seeing these things all over the place. They claim they're to help solve crimes, and maybe it does in some small way... but you have no control over the data, and who it's sold to. Heck, I hadn't realized that most anyone can buy one of these. HOA's, and retailers are on the list too. I grabbed a few stories about them below, but all you need to do is search Flock Safety and you'll find plenty in the news about this outfit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...oke-state-law/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ol/ar-BB1h3Te7
https://www.vindy.com/opinion/editor...tential-risks/

Old 03-13-2024, 08:47 AM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Received 2,099 Likes on 1,428 Posts
There is a movement in congress to regulate data collection and distribution. Probably wont go anywhere, but the targets are Facebook, Tiktok, X, Wiki, etc. No one except off gridders are exempt from data collection. Heck even the Amish are being collected upon. I can see it now, you buy a new vehicle and have to process the agreements, then you decide you don't want to be spied on and select no, and nothing in the car works. At least the 2014 Flex with MFT has no modems or Internet unless I hotspot, so it isn't spying on me.

Old 03-13-2024, 11:30 AM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 629 Likes on 418 Posts
I have the State Farm Drive and Save feature on 3 of my 4 vehicles. I don't have it on my Tesla because for some reason the discount on that car is only $5/month. I have it on my wifes Tesla. My Tesla also reports acceleration events more than other vehicles. I wonder why?

Here is report for my 2024 F-450 Platinum with $250k/$500k/$100k Liability, Florida No Fault coverage, Comp and collision and Emergency Road service coverage.

2024 FORD F450 SD PICKUP
Vehicle premium $385.35 / 6 mos
You are saving $352.63 with Drive Safe & SaveTM

Discounts:
Anti-Lock Brake Discount
Anti-Theft Discount
Drive Safe and Save Discount
Homeowner Discount
Multiple Car Discount
Vehicle Safety Discount
Accident Free Discount
Total discount : $966.46 / 6 mos

Old 03-13-2024, 12:04 PM
OBS460
Cargo Master
Received 1,545 Likes on 997 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyct
I have the State Farm Drive and Save feature on 3 of my 4 vehicles. I don't have it on my Tesla because for some reason the discount on that car is only $5/month. I have it on my wifes Tesla. My Tesla also reports acceleration events more than other vehicles. I wonder why?

Here is report for my 2024 F-450 Platinum with $250k/$500k/$100k Liability, Florida No Fault coverage, Comp and collision and Emergency Road service coverage.

2024 FORD F450 SD PICKUP
Vehicle premium $385.35 / 6 mos
You are saving $352.63 with Drive Safe & SaveTM

Discounts:
Anti-Lock Brake Discount
Anti-Theft Discount
Drive Safe and Save Discount
Homeowner Discount
Multiple Car Discount
Vehicle Safety Discount
Accident Free Discount
Total discount : $966.46 / 6 mos
That is a lie. I have State Farm and don't use their app and my premium is not $966 more than yours. It is within $100 of your premium every 6 months.

Old 03-13-2024, 12:28 PM
Flyct
Cargo Master
Received 629 Likes on 418 Posts
Originally Posted by OBS460
That is a lie. I have State Farm and don't use their app and my premium is not $966 more than yours. It is within $100 of your premium every 6 months.
For 250k/500k Liability in Florida?

If you read my posting more carefully you would realize that the app is saving $353, not $966 on my 2024 F-450

Come to Florida and price your insurance. We have a Governor who is more focused on fighting with Disney and running for President than fixing insurance in Florida https://www.newsweek.com/florida-car...0-year-1838498

Old 03-13-2024, 12:33 PM
DPelletier
Laughing Gas
Received 551 Likes on 339 Posts
Man I love my 1978 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser.......it barely has enough power to speed but at least when I do, it doesn't rat me out to my insurance company! LOL

Dave

The following 2 users liked this post by DPelletier:
Old 03-13-2024, 12:49 PM
redford
Received 1,631 Likes on 955 Posts
Originally Posted by andrew8406
Fuel programs are just the beginning... Flock systems has been getting implemented all around the US by police departments large and small. They sit on the side of the road and record not just your movements, but often "other characteristics" of your vehicle as it drives by. So, basically as much data as they can gleam as you drive by. Then the police departments have access to all of your, and anyone one else's movement... I live in relatively rural Wisconsin and I'm seeing these things all over the place. They claim they're to help solve crimes, and maybe it does in some small way... but you have no control over the data, and who it's sold to. Heck, I hadn't realized that most anyone can buy one of these. HOA's, and retailers are on the list too. I grabbed a few stories about them below, but all you need to do is search Flock Safety and you'll find plenty in the news about this outfit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...oke-state-law/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ol/ar-BB1h3Te7
https://www.vindy.com/opinion/editor...tential-risks/
I found this on Lowe’s website this morning.

Automated License Plate Recognition (“ALPR”) System Usage and Privacy Policy
We may use automated license plate readers (ALPRs) where permitted by law and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. ALPR systems are high-speed, computer-controlled camera systems that can automatically capture still images of a vehicle’s license plate number that come into view, along with the corresponding location, date and time (collectively, “ALPR Data”).

The following 2 users liked this post by redford:
Old 03-13-2024, 01:51 PM
Bruce M.
More Turbo
Received 350 Likes on 172 Posts
As someone already said above, Just unplug the whole damn router (4 quick connect clips). You don't lose anything like Bluetooth, all your apps work, sync works wirelessly with my phone automatically and there are no dash lights or warnings at all. Of course the Ford Pass-app won't work but did it really ever.
Right behind the felt behind the passenger side seat, 5 minutes tops.
#FuFordFuInsureancecoFuBigBrother/BuisnessandofcourseFJB

The following 3 users liked this post by Bruce M.:
Old 03-13-2024, 02:34 PM
Spccraig9
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Correct. I called my insurance company to see if I could lower my yearly bill. I asked about mileage and they told me they get that information from the inspection system. I am in MA.

Quick Reply: Big brother watches, and You don't know it!