General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Looking for an electric grill

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 05:32 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,230 Likes on 808 Posts
I've actually never seen an electric backyard grill.

I much prefer gas over any other fuel for outdoor cooking.

Bass, while I was on my last ship and off the coast of Panama in 2003, a massive hurricane blew through and smacked Virginia pretty hard as well as the rest of the East Coast. Power lost for week. My wife along with the neighborhood assembled the grills and cooked like mad to avoid throwing away all that food. No one had a genny at that time to run a fridge or make ice. It seems now that we all have portable gennies and none have needed them to that extent since.

Old 11-16-2023, 05:57 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,152 Likes on 4,217 Posts
Originally Posted by ford2go
Glad I was able to give a little amusement in these somewhat trying times. I want a grill to use inside because I hate the mess of cleaning up my flat top stove. I'm in an apartment these days and I avoid the bleeping stove as much as I can.

Fire department also prohibits any open fires on the balcony, so even if I cook out there, it needs to be electric.

They have a big gas grill by the pool area, but I don't want to drag everything down there. Might do that someday for a party, but there's no signup so it's not always open.

hj

I do have a bosch eletric drill -- which I am quite happy with -- but it doesn't do steaks
An electric drill would be good for tenderizing a cheap cut of steak.

The following users liked this post:
JWA
Old 11-16-2023, 07:16 AM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,711 Likes on 2,629 Posts
Originally Posted by RLXXI
We used Dewalt at work for a little while, they don't last. We switched to Milwaukee tools and have been using them for several years without issue. Dewalt is ok for home use, they suck for commercial/industrial use.
I maintain some rental properties, but that's hardly "daily use" of my tools. I've got a Dewalt 120V drill that is no better that my Milwaukee "Hole Shooter" from the 60s, and certainly won't be serviceable in another 50 years. I've also got 60 and 10 year old Milwaukee circular saws. The older one is about to be retired. Not because the saw's broken, but because it needs a power cord and Milwaukee no longer makes one that'll fit!

Old 11-19-2023, 06:51 PM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts
Hamilton beach has a great lil grill for 2. Easily cleans up as it all removes and is easy to wash. A drain pan also to take care of greasy stuff. We like sear beef and rare, it does a great job.

Old 11-19-2023, 07:26 PM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,322 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Originally Posted by BassFantasizer
I maintain some rental properties, but that's hardly "daily use" of my tools. I've got a Dewalt 120V drill that is no better that my Milwaukee "Hole Shooter" from the 60s, and certainly won't be serviceable in another 50 years. I've also got 60 and 10 year old Milwaukee circular saws. The older one is about to be retired. Not because the saw's broken, but because it needs a power cord and Milwaukee no longer makes one that'll fit!
When I discuss these types of tools, I speak only of cordless which is all I use at home and at work. Battery powered provide just as much if not more performance than their wired counterparts. Wired tools are a dying breed and yes I do still have a couple. I've got an old Craftsman 10" corded circular saw I can't kill. Don't know it's exact age but I bought it used over 30 years ago.

Old 11-20-2023, 07:26 AM
BassFantasizer
Hotshot
Received 4,711 Likes on 2,629 Posts
Originally Posted by RLXXI
When I discuss these types of tools, I speak only of cordless which is all I use at home and at work. Battery powered provide just as much if not more performance than their wired counterparts. Wired tools are a dying breed and yes I do still have a couple. I've got an old Craftsman 10" corded circular saw I can't kill. Don't know it's exact age but I bought it used over 30 years ago.
I've got an array of both corded and cordless tools. Ryobi and another trendy brand were my earlier cordless tools. When Milwaukee's current line came out I went that way and have never looked back. The only issue I've had is the clutch on the drill, but that can happen to any tool.

My wife bought me a cheap, Chinese, trimmer chain saw for Christmas last year. 6" chain, 24V motor. It's hard on the batteries but works better than I would expect. The charger got misplaced a few months ago and I had a heck of a time finding something to work. Bought a 24V charger online but it wouldn't connect to the battery. Tried Battery Source and they couldn't help. No 24V charger and their only "universal" charger with about 20 connectors topped out at 20V. My wife finally ordered another chain saw (at $40). I looked at the charger and learned that the batteries may be 24V but the charger is only 21V. I picked up the 21V charger from my pile of stuff and the new one's going back.