Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Glow plug relay not cliking

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 08:36 PM
kidoo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glow plug relay not cliking

Hi, well, trouble again with this glow plug system. My glow plug relay is working but not clicking when the wait to start light goes off. Before it was clicking at the end of the cycle, but now instead of clicking it stays on for may be 5 second after the light goes off. (The battery needle stays low)

Could it be that it is colder now and it does not click? it was about 10 F this morning and it started not plugged in. I am afraid to burn the plug, do not want that, it is getting expensive.

Thanks,

Old 11-17-2003, 11:27 PM
dieselzen
Senior User
Mine's not clicking either. The g.p. relay clicks once, the wait to start light stays on for 8 seconds then goes off. I've replaced my relay (and know my g.p.'s are good) and no difference. Since you thought the lack of cycling was okay because it's getting colder where you're at and I was thinking the lack of cycling was okay because the average temp. where I'm at is 60 deg., I guess we both can start saving for a new glow plug controller, or install a manual setup. R.A.

Old 11-18-2003, 12:29 PM
kidoo
Elder User
I will check mine, but was wonderign if it will show a a test that it is not cycling.

I let you know