ok ok new topic on BIKES

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 09:51 PM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ok ok new topic on BIKES

i seen the other thread and figured id start one where us guys could b.s. about bikes. So whos got em and what kind?

I got a CBR 900RR its primaraly a stunt bike but itll roll a corner

Old 11-16-2003, 08:59 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Assuming you are curious if other 4.2 owners ride bikes, I'll respond.
I LOVE motorcycles!

Current bikes
Honda CBR 1000F
Honda SuperHawk 996
Honda Nighthawk S

Honda ATC 200X (3 wheeler)

Past bikes
3 different Yamaha XS 650 Special
1 Yamaha FZ 600 (Race Track Bike)
2 Honda XR250
1 Honda CR250
1 Suzuki Quadsport
1 Honda (1966) Campus 50
1 Suzuki 185 four wheeler

I don't do stunts. I have a wife, a kid, and a job that all work to keep me somewhat restrained. I do like to go fast, hang off, wheelie a little, etc. I have fun, but a "restrained" fun.
i.e. I don't go "crazy".

Old 11-16-2003, 09:21 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
Hey James,

Since I've switched my username, I cannot return to Tomlongo, but needless to say, I am still here.

Of course you know my current bike is a 2003 Busa.

As I am a true lover of motorcycles (moto enthusiast) I find beauty in every bike out there, be it cruiser, chopper, trike, sport bike, standard or retro.

I've owned almost one of every kind throughout my life.

I usually trade up each year or so to whatever suits my eye at the time, customize it until I run out of ideas or money, then trade it in when I get bored of it and get something new.

I've had Harley's, Buells, Honda's, Kawi's, Yammy's (had some yammy cruisers too).

I've actually been "trying" to keep a bike til I pay it off for once so I can not have a bike payment anymore. I don't think I can since I just started getting my eye caught by a black Boss Hoss with a 305 chevy engine.

Have you ever seen one of these monsters? They're awsome.

I don't know if I would get bored of it quickly though. I mean, once the V8 motor thing wore off, I would be able to drag my knee or flick into turns.

I wish I had a garage, and a paycheck, that I could have one of each.

I would like to have one custom chopper, for bar hopping on Sundays, as they are not very comfortable for longer rides.

One short wheelbase sportbike, like a GSXR600 for nailing turns.

One sport tourer (my Busa is excellent for that and is capable of taking me from Fla to CA in complete comfort)

And a Suzuki DR650 for a little offroad action.

One of these days perhaps.

I'm not too big on the the whole stunt scene either anymore, as in wheelies and stopies, as I've wrecked 2 bikes in the past doing so as well as seen many of my friends wreck their bikes. So I just don't bother with that anymore....or....maybe I just bite at pulling wheelies and stopies

Tom

Old 11-16-2003, 11:50 PM
MrBean1130
Senior User
Im with you Tom... Im am a true lover of all motorcycles. I love custom choppers, stock cruisin bikes, dirtbikes, streetbikes.... pretty much anything that has two (and sometimes 3 or 4) wheels and a motor.

Current Bikes
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S which is not actually mine, but i ride it more than my dad does, and he's paying for it. So its kind of in my favor.
2001 Yamaha WR250F... 3 words: Loud 4-Stroke.
Yamaha TTR-125L
2 Yamaha TTR-90's
and a yamaha PW-50 for my little cousin.

If you're wondering about all the yamaha's... you cant beat them in the dirtbike catagory for quality craftsmanship. Look at some reviews on them and you'll know what i mean.

Beau

Old 11-17-2003, 06:22 AM
sigma
Senior User
I’ve been riding for over thirty years. During that period I’ve covered the whole gamut from dirt bikes to motocross to sport bikes to cruisers. Currently ride a Harley Fat-Boy.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:21 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
Bean,

My buddy has a PW50 that's gotta be over 10 years old. WE ride it all the time while barbequing in his yard. I can't tell you how many times i've flipped that little thing and rolled and bounced it for over 30 feet.

Those things take a beating and keep on running, no doubt. Great bikes to goof off on.

Yesterday, we did a poker run and logged about 150 miles. I love poker runs because you get do stop at all these different places you've never been before. I never win though, unlucky at cards I guess. But you get to check out all the bikes and meet lots of people.

Although there are many jap bikes that attend, mine is probably the only sport bike. No one ever seems to mind though because the understand the type of person I am and know that I love all bikes and am not just some crotch rocket dude, so none of the Harley guys ever give me flack about my ride.

You know what's nice but I don't see alot of? Those new Polaris Victories. Those are sweet looking american bikes with their own motor, not just another Harley clone like S&S or RevTech in a Titan or something. I think their dealer network needs to improve.

Tom

Old 11-17-2003, 07:51 PM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
lol 1st off thanks Brian A thats what i meant about inquiring about 4.2 owners bikes...Tom i was wondering where u went bro good to see you around again we really need to get together one of these days....and as far as stunting and eatin it doin em: ive been there bro roadrash include both knees extensive scarring, both hands which have healed, toe, forearms and back...i have endoed(stoppie) over twice one time the bike landed on me, i have looped (wheelied over) my bike 3 times once was in highchair (sitting on tank with feet over the windscreen **that REALLY hurt** but im still at it...im not sure if im allowed to do so but i will post a link to MY site which is NOT a message board just where u can see some pix of me and my crew in action...i have ridden alot of bikes and have been on the street since 17 im now 27 and ive been stuntriding for 3 years. We are now pro sponsored and go all over the place doing shows even places like Trinidad, Bahamas, Europe and all over the U.S....i like bikes in general all the 2 wheeled kind.....oh yea Tom the Boss Hoss's are not worth the $$ bro trust me my friends father bought one and it was allways giving him trouble...his had the 500cid chevy in it the BIG BOY...but if i could post a pic i would....sorry it was so long ill shutup now....oh yea the link (Brian A let me know if this is not kool) www.Reckless-Endangerment.net L8tr

Old 11-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
Heyyyy, nice site James. And they call ME crazy.

You know, the whole "stoppie" thing I just could never get down. I've tried it a bunch of times on some of my other previously lighter bikes and just couldn't seem to get the back up. I kept chirping the front tire. Maybe i'm just not sliding forward against the tank at the right time. I do great ones on my bicycle though, if those count, but I still end up falling on my head.

I just never adapted well to the stunt type stuff. I think it's probably because you have to wreck alot to get good. And I just never had bikes that I could play around with like that. Perhaps a dirt bike would be better suited for learning.

I still have your number in my cell phone from Biketoberfest. I'll make it up there one of these days, and when I do I give you a buzz.

This Thursday I'm going to the U.S. Military Vets M.C. to become a member. Those guys are cool and are NOT Harley specific. These guys ride anything and everything and they do alot of cool long rides to Vegas and so forth.

later.

tom

Old 11-18-2003, 06:00 PM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
nice man...well we are having a new years eve party here if you wanna go...its gona be all about stunting all night at the dragstrip in Lakeland Fl lemme know if you wanna go...there will be beer abd we get the strip ALL night..lol i know the owner...oh yea they will leave the TREE up if you wanna run times

Old 11-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
Oh God yeah. Keep me posted on that, i'm in. That sounds awsome. The last couple new years eves i've pretty much done nothing, so this sounds like a plan.

Tom

Old 11-22-2003, 09:24 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
nice man...well we are having a new years eve party here if you wanna go...its gona be all about stunting all night at the dragstrip in Lakeland Fl lemme know if you wanna go...there will be beer abd we get the strip ALL night..lol i know the owner...oh yea they will leave the TREE up if you wanna run times
Wow, that actually sounds pretty sweet. If I had a bike I'd have to go! LoL.

Old 11-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
No bike necessary, i'm taking the truck. Lakeland is far and since i'll probably doing a lot of drinking, a 4 hour hangover ride home the next day is not very enjoyable.

Old 11-24-2003, 07:38 PM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
lol so you are gonna go? kool lemme know and bring a tent we are campin out there...im gonna have to check with my boy Roy hes the owner to make sure the time clocks will be workin so we can get slips...its also an 1/8th of a mile though so your times wont be too impresive...i was running 5's all night

with the bike lolol had ya goin for a sec huh???

Old 11-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Busa01
Postmaster
Whatever man, sounds cool. As long as there is music,food,booze,bikes,cars,trucks there I'm good to go. You'll have to give me the exact address of the strip so I can pull it up on MapQuest.

Me and the girl will come up.

Tom

Old 11-29-2003, 10:25 AM
James's f_1_fiddy01
Elder User
sweet ill hook u up with directions its actually pretty easy once you hit i-4 if you are commin i-75 go north to i-4 east then go to SR33 exit (exit 35) or you come i-95 go till you hit i-4 go west to exit 35 get off exit 35 head north the road wiull curve around and you will pass USA International Speedway after you pass that its up on the left you cant miss it call me b4 you get there so i can let you in otherwise its $15 at the gate each....Lemme know if you wanna go ....also anyone else that wanna come post up...WARNING: this will be a bike event sportbikes to be exact, we will be doing stunts all day and most of the night so if the sound of loud pipes and revving engines dont settle well with you then maybe this aint for you

Quick Reply: ok ok new topic on BIKES