Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

What makes Ford tougher?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 05:22 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
This is one of the main reasons we ask all to post any links they use.....stops the flaming about opinions...keeps it factual. If you go back to many different threads, and read through, this has help to keep the wars down....

Old 02-12-2005, 05:25 PM
bigbluebronco43
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordlover55
Yes, I'm quite sure that on a Ford site there are purists who have no love at all for the other brands... as I've stated before ... the SAME as on other brand sites.

As for not seeing much techical information, there is plenty. All you need do is read more than one or two posts. I do have a question though .. does it seem non-technical if someone posts info that we believe to be un-true? From what I have seen on a regular basis, is that if tech info is inserted from one source of information, someone else comes along and tries to disprove it from another source of information.

As for brand bashing, we do try to keep from allowing that. Obviously we cannot read every single post, all the time, so we may miss something. If you see someone brand bashing or making a statement flaming or baiting someone, then use the REPORT POST feature that's in every post ... the little triangle thing up in the corner. One of us or admin will check out the post and determine if it is in need of change or removal.

If anyone comes here to do nothing but criticise everything said or unsaid, then why bother coming here? The site evidently doesn't serve your needs.
Not trying to start another argument, but it seems the admins/moderators are very quick to jump in on posts that are anti Ford in some way rather than posts that are anti (name your opposing brand here). I've seen posts deleted, and people warned for simply expressing their opinions against a Ford product. But when a Ford loyalist to the bone says something completely moronic and is balatantly bashing another Brand, nothing is done. Just from what I've noticed, and I would think this would be less likely to happen in the "Ford vs. the Competition

Old 02-12-2005, 05:51 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
When you have been around here for a long time, it is easy to recognize trouble quickly. And no we are not around...visible...all the time and no we do not jump in on everything. FvC is one of the most contentious forms we have vigilance will always be here...Something else to remember I am an active Admin, same as I was as a SuperMod, I enjoy being part of this also.
Enjoy FTE

Old 02-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So Let's Get Technical Already!

When I say technical info. I mean fact base information not just opinion. Your opinion is fine but come on, I want to learn something about differant trucks. I don't think you can learn the truth about something if all your getting is opinion.

So .. start a technical thread .... say .. bore and stroke of Ford vs Chevy - small blocks/big blocks.. which is the best design? But if you start one, be ready to name your source of information, if you are not quoting your own experience, which is what a lot of people do. Be ready to get into the engineering designs of both and why they were engineered a specific way. If you want technical...GET TECHNICAL... but be ready to prove what you say...as we expect even the Blue Blood Ford Lovers here to do.

Many people have been engine machinests for many years and base their talk on their own experience. Now I don't expect many 17 - 23 year olds to have the extreme technical experience that you may be looking for.... but we do have many who've worked on a multitude of engines their whole life and can talk all the facts you need ...whether you like or believe their facts or not.

Old 02-12-2005, 06:24 PM
GeneralKills_4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbluebronco43
Not trying to start another argument, but it seems the admins/moderators are very quick to jump in on posts that are anti Ford in some way rather than posts that are anti (name your opposing brand here). I've seen posts deleted, and people warned for simply expressing their opinions against a Ford product. But when a Ford loyalist to the bone says something completely moronic and is balatantly bashing another Brand, nothing is done. Just from what I've noticed, and I would think this would be less likely to happen in the "Ford vs. the Competition
your right on that one, I been sensored twice already and had about half of one post erased on me then was sent an email for baiting but i see one guy calling whatever he wants trash and his posts sit nice an fine for all to see.

Last edited by IB Tim; 02-12-2005 at 08:03 PM. Reason: remove member name
Old 02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
.....Closed...Please email me if you have anything to say about this!