2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Ford Removed Ability to Make Changes to IPC in FORscan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 12:50 PM
Dractul
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford Removed Ability to Make Changes to IPC in FORscan?

I recently put in a 60gallon S&B tank. The dealership tried to change the tank size and could not. After many back and forth with Big Ford - Big Ford sent them a letter stating that dealers are not allowed to change tank size and Ford will not support that functionality. SO - it looks like Ford has changed software setting to disable the IPC module, for dealers/service centers.

I ordered the scan tool from S&B and tried it, no luck. I spent time on the phone with them, multiple firmware updates/changes, no luck. Still can't change the tank size. Auto Agent 2.0 does not see the tank size and will not allow you to run anything involving the tank size. I then got FORscan and their recommended cable, loaded it and ran every version of FORscan going back to 2017. Still no IPC module.

Does anyone know how to get the IPC module to come up? Is anyone else having this issue? It is great to have a bigger tank - but I would like to set the tank size and can't understand why Ford has removed the ability from their service departments AND from other OBD2 tools.

Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-20-2022, 01:19 PM
ZooDad
Received 611 Likes on 354 Posts
Originally Posted by Dractul
I recently put in a 60gallon S&B tank. The dealership tried to change the tank size and could not. After many back and forth with Big Ford - Big Ford sent them a letter stating that dealers are not allowed to change tank size and Ford will not support that functionality. SO - it looks like Ford has changed software setting to disable the IPC module, for dealers/service centers.

I ordered the scan tool from S&B and tried it, no luck. I spent time on the phone with them, multiple firmware updates/changes, no luck. Still can't change the tank size. Auto Agent 2.0 does not see the tank size and will not allow you to run anything involving the tank size. I then got FORscan and their recommended cable, loaded it and ran every version of FORscan going back to 2017. Still no IPC module.

Does anyone know how to get the IPC module to come up? Is anyone else having this issue? It is great to have a bigger tank - but I would like to set the tank size and can't understand why Ford has removed the ability from their service departments AND from other OBD2 tools.

Thanks!
what is your truck info ?
Also sent you a PM.
edit
check that. You don’t have enough posts for pm yet

ZooDad

Old 08-20-2022, 03:07 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Received 140 Likes on 86 Posts
I had a 60 gallon S&B tank installed on my 2021 F350 and the installation place used their unit to make the FORscan changes without issue. Best mod so far

Old 08-20-2022, 03:15 PM
rtripp
Cross-Country
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
I just finished up my tank on my 2022 (built in July) and I'm having the same issue. I also have another 2022 that was built in January and made the switch with NO PROBLEM. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:23 PM
nc350
More Turbo
Received 130 Likes on 97 Posts
I've made a few minor tweaks with Forscan on my 2022. I haven't messed with tank capacity yet, but I am considering the 60gal upgrade to extend our range when we are pulling the RV. Curious to see what comes of this.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:03 PM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Received 2,040 Likes on 1,385 Posts
I noticed on my 2019 that I cannot turn the boot up splash screen off (fast boot) on the IPC.

Thing to note is I show in Forscan that my adapter is not compatible with my truck.

Check your log at the beginning and see if you have the same warning.

Old 08-20-2022, 09:03 PM
Dractul
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZooDad
what is your truck info ?
Also sent you a PM.
edit
check that. You don’t have enough posts for pm yet

ZooDad
What is the truck info you need? It is annoying as all get out to not be able to change this - especially since S&B say you can and offer no solutions.

Old 08-20-2022, 09:19 PM
ZooDad
What is the truck info you need? It is annoying as all get out to not be able to change this - especially since S&B say you can and offer no solutions.
I sent you a visitor message

Old 08-21-2022, 07:48 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 1,019 Likes on 780 Posts
so Im guessing the OP has a 20+ year vehicle.....if so...I dont think the IPC is the only thing not accessable in 2020+ year vehicles...the PCM software is encrypted. typically encrytion means software keys are needed that dynamically change. tokens are used to generate the keys. example.....IDS serial number+employyee number+dealer number and wiz bang a dynamic encruption key is generated good only for that session.

Old 08-21-2022, 08:02 AM
B-ManFX4
Laughing Gas

Received 773 Likes on 354 Posts

Thanks!
There is a Forscan guru by the handle of Livnitup who I have seen on this forum but he is way more active on the Ford F150 Forum. Hit him up - he will know more than anyone about this.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-23-2022, 07:28 AM
rtripp
Cross-Country
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
FYI, I took ZooDad's advice and upgraded my connector. I purchased an EX OBD Link and I updated my computer to the latest version of FORScan. Once I plugged it back in I was able to update my fuel tank size. It appeared that I could make additional changes as well.
Hopefully this will help others who are trying to make changes (Thank You ZooDad)!

The following 4 users liked this post by rtripp:
Old 08-23-2022, 10:22 AM
acdii
Logistics Pro
Received 2,040 Likes on 1,385 Posts
Got a link to the ODB connector? While mine worked for almost everything, I can't turn off the splash screen. I might consider upgrading it, especially if it works without having to flip a switch back and fort to read everything.

Old 08-23-2022, 02:04 PM
ZooDad
Originally Posted by acdii
Got a link to the ODB connector? While mine worked for almost everything, I can't turn off the splash screen. I might consider upgrading it, especially if it works without having to flip a switch back and fort to read everything.
In the FAQ of the ForScan sticky
here you go
http://OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapte...a.co/d/654gSda

ZooDad

The following 2 users liked this post by ZooDad:
Old 08-23-2022, 10:42 PM
KCRebel
More Turbo
Received 114 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by B-ManFX4
There is a Forscan guru by the handle of Livnitup who I have seen on this forum but he is way more active on the Ford F150 Forum. Hit him up - he will know more than anyone about this.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/
@Livnitup you have been summoned.

@B-ManFX4 you can tag anyone by using the @ sign before typing their handle. A few letters in and the correct one will show up. Click on it and it adds a tag for the user.

Old 08-25-2022, 07:43 PM
Jaredtown
Trailering
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Amusing the dealer wasn't able to do this for you... Maybe the dealer should buy a copy of ForScan

Quick Reply: Ford Removed Ability to Make Changes to IPC in FORscan?