1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable Rear Park Assist

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 06:07 PM
KHNewman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Disable Rear Park Assist

The Rear Park Assist has been driving me crazy for the last 4 years!

I always have a hitch installed on my truck, it is a Gen-Y Torsion hitch that weighs 90lbs so taking it on and off is not an option and every-time I start my truck and put it in reverse the park assist sensor beeps non-stop. Ford in their infinite wisdom will let you disable the rear park assist using the menu on the dashboard once you place the truck into reverse and this setting will remain until you turn off the truck but the setting will automatically reset when you start the truck again. This means I have to disable the park assist sensor every-time I start my truck and put it in reverse.

I have finally figured out a two step process to make the beeping in the cab stop!

First you need to disconnect the wiring harness that connects the rear park assist sensors. Once you do this the beeping will stop (that alone is a miracle). The harness connection on my truck is located underneath the truck on the drivers side near the back of where the receiver bolts to the frame. You can follow one of the sensor wires back to find the point where they connect to the wiring harness. You should tape up or otherwise waterproof the harness ends once they are disconnected to prevent a short etc as a precaution. Now you will get an alert the first time you put it in reverse warning you to check the rear park assist sensor. You can hit ok and clear this alert and it will only appear once each time you start your truck and put it in reverse.

Second if you want to eliminate the parking sensor fault warning AND the rear park assist yes / no menu you can use Forscan and go into the settings and disable the rear park assist menu. This eliminated the rear park assist "yes / no" pop-up menu that appears when you place the vehicle in reverse and eliminated the warning alert for the rear park assist sensor fault.

I can now put my truck in reverse without hearing it beep non-stop or navigating menus.

Old 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
MBIvey
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How, exactly do you do that with Forscan? I am new to the program.
I got the extended license and recommended cable. I can connect to my truck, I can see the codes for the sensors, but I can not figure out how to disable the rear park assist menu.

Originally Posted by KHNewman
The Rear Park Assist has been driving me crazy for the last 4 years!

I always have a hitch installed on my truck, it is a Gen-Y Torsion hitch that weighs 90lbs so taking it on and off is not an option and every-time I start my truck and put it in reverse the park assist sensor beeps non-stop. Ford in their infinite wisdom will let you disable the rear park assist using the menu on the dashboard once you place the truck into reverse and this setting will remain until you turn off the truck but the setting will automatically reset when you start the truck again. This means I have to disable the park assist sensor every-time I start my truck and put it in reverse.

I have finally figured out a two step process to make the beeping in the cab stop!

First you need to disconnect the wiring harness that connects the rear park assist sensors. Once you do this the beeping will stop (that alone is a miracle). The harness connection on my truck is located underneath the truck on the drivers side near the back of where the receiver bolts to the frame. You can follow one of the sensor wires back to find the point where they connect to the wiring harness. You should tape up or otherwise waterproof the harness ends once they are disconnected to prevent a short etc as a precaution. Now you will get an alert the first time you put it in reverse warning you to check the rear park assist sensor. You can hit ok and clear this alert and it will only appear once each time you start your truck and put it in reverse.

Second if you want to eliminate the parking sensor fault warning AND the rear park assist yes / no menu you can use Forscan and go into the settings and disable the rear park assist menu. This eliminated the rear park assist "yes / no" pop-up menu that appears when you place the vehicle in reverse and eliminated the warning alert for the rear park assist sensor fault.

I can now put my truck in reverse without hearing it beep non-stop or navigating menus.