Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 12:20 PM
Curated Content Editor
Fleet Mechanic
Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts
Ford Maverick Already Proving Its Worth To Small Businesses

Ford Maverick Already Proving Its Worth To Small Businesses
By Brett Foote

The new compact pickup is a thrifty and useful vehicle for a wide variety of customers.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-06-2022, 01:56 PM
solidstate
More Turbo
Received 167 Likes on 116 Posts
Talking about its worth to small business-U-Haul is offering these little trucks (in some places) at $19.99/day (plus the rest of their add on costs). I'm glad to see U-Haul getting these things, in a way I guess those waiting for a new one just got behind the big U-haul order. As it effects sales: my guess anyone considering purchasing (ordering) one, would be smart to rent one from U-Haul for a day, and take it out for a full day's drive, as very often dealers don't have any in stock. I have no idea what mill U-Haul has in their trucks, but it's worth a look.

Old 10-07-2022, 05:56 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,247 Likes on 820 Posts
I'd be a lot happier about reading this article if Ford could actually get them out to the customers. I've yet to see one on a dealer's lot, only pictures of them and then they were regionally priced to ridiculous levels.

Old 10-08-2022, 10:20 AM
2020FordRaptor
Tuned
Received 55 Likes on 55 Posts
The Ford Maverick was a great idea by Ford and its brought a lot of people to the brand.

Old 10-08-2022, 10:37 AM
solidstate
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 2020FordRaptor
The Ford Maverick was a great idea by Ford and its brought a lot of people to the brand.
Yea man, there have already been 13,000 mavericks sold in the USA, I don't know how many of those are fleet buyers, such as U-Haul, but that is a "lot of people".

Old 10-08-2022, 10:48 AM
2020FordRaptor
Tuned
Originally Posted by solidstate
Yea man, there have already been 13,000 mavericks sold in the USA, I don't know how many of those are fleet buyers, such as U-Haul, but that is a "lot of people".
Do you think Ford likes not selling more Mavericks? They are as upset as we are!

Old 10-09-2022, 12:21 PM
solidstate
More Turbo
Do you think Ford likes not selling more Mavericks? They are as upset as we are!
I have zero doubt that Ford would like to sell 10 times the number they've already sold, but 13,000 is a lot of people, what number do you think "Is a lot"???

Old 10-09-2022, 02:16 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
I have zero doubt that Ford would like to sell 10 times the number they've already sold, but 13,000 is a lot of people, what number do you think "Is a lot"???
Considering the Mav has been out for a year or so, I would have expected that Ford would have sold about 200,000+ by now.

Old 10-09-2022, 06:00 PM
solidstate
More Turbo
Originally Posted by tseekins
Considering the Mav has been out for a year or so, I would have expected that Ford would have sold about 200,000+ by now.
I guess 200,000 is a lot of people too! It is hard to fix a number on what is "a lot", My guess, as Ford is having at least a 5% increase in the MY2023 (and maybe an extra increase, just as they did with the lightning) they will deliver more/month, the cheap intro price was bait, now they'll set the hook!

Old 10-09-2022, 08:10 PM
2020FordRaptor
Tuned
I'm referring to the people who are waiting for theirs.

Old 10-09-2022, 08:22 PM
solidstate
More Turbo
I'm referring to the people who are waiting for theirs.
I hear you, I don't have any idea how many mavericks are actually on order, ordered by actual customers, dealers and/or fleet customers, such as U-Haul, but I am guessing that too, will be "a lot". Even with the price increase (s), for MY2023, the purchase price is Low, if ford can deliver, in other words, get the Mexican production plant busy, they [Ford] will be able to move as many as they can make. I know ford has 45,000 American made trucks sitting and waiting for parts, but I haven't read how the supply shortage is affecting the Mexican plants. Are the customers that ordered months ago, going to get their new truck at the price from months ago, or are they going to have to pay up?

Old 10-09-2022, 10:22 PM
2020FordRaptor
Tuned
I hear you, I don't have any idea how many mavericks are actually on order, ordered by actual customers, dealers and/or fleet customers, such as U-Haul, but I am guessing that too, will be "a lot". Even with the price increase (s), for MY2023, the purchase price is Low, if ford can deliver, in other words, get the Mexican production plant busy, they [Ford] will be able to move as many as they can make. I know ford has 45,000 American made trucks sitting and waiting for parts, but I haven't read how the supply shortage is affecting the Mexican plants. Are the customers that ordered months ago, going to get their new truck at the price from months ago, or are they going to have to pay up?
I belive certain order holsers receive proce protection. Reservations were over 200k but that's Reservations, and not sales like your were so keen to point out.

Old 10-10-2022, 07:09 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
I guess 200,000 is a lot of people too! It is hard to fix a number on what is "a lot", My guess, as Ford is having at least a 5% increase in the MY2023 (and maybe an extra increase, just as they did with the lightning) they will deliver more/month, the cheap intro price was bait, now they'll set the hook!
The $19,995 price tag on the Maverick didn't include destination, dealer prep, dealer fees, regional add-on fees, etc. I've read where people have paid $30K for the very basic entry level Mav with steel wheels and no frills.

I've driven my buddy's 2022 Santa Cruz Limited and fell in love immediately. You can't get close to a Mav because there aren't any, at least not in my area. If I were looking for a compact truck right now, I'd have to go with the Hyundai as they are available and the local dealers aren't gouging.

It's no different than the people who patiently waited for a Bronco and get fed up and went over to Jeep. Jeeps are just fine, the after market is super strong and they hold their value plus. In my mind, Ford doesn't build one single vehicle that's worth waiting for or worth more than MSRP if even that.

Ford's poor top down leadership is a reflection of their inability to meet their commitments and consumer demand at the price promised.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:03 AM
2020FordRaptor
Tuned
Originally Posted by tseekins
The $19,995 price tag on the Maverick didn't include destination, dealer prep, dealer fees, regional add-on fees, etc. I've read where people have paid $30K for the very basic entry level Mav with steel wheels and no frills.

I've driven my buddy's 2022 Santa Cruz Limited and fell in love immediately. You can't get close to a Mav because there aren't any, at least not in my area. If I were looking for a compact truck right now, I'd have to go with the Hyundai as they are available and the local dealers aren't gouging.

It's no different than the people who patiently waited for a Bronco and get fed up and went over to Jeep. Jeeps are just fine, the after market is super strong and they hold their value plus. In my mind, Ford doesn't build one single vehicle that's worth waiting for or worth more than MSRP if even that.

Ford's poor top down leadership is a reflection of their inability to meet their commitments and consumer demand at the price promised.
I think that Forda price has been what it was promised, but BAD dealers do their markup. If you find a GOOD dealer, they will do MSRP and even honor A, X, and D plan. That's what my dealer offered. The Hyundai Santa Cruz is a compact truck proced like a Mid size and is uncomparible to the Maverick. Ford does need to work on getting vehicles to costumers, and they are doing the best they can, cause after all they don't like not selling more vehicles either.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:17 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
I think that Forda price has been what it was promised, but BAD dealers do their markup. If you find a GOOD dealer, they will do MSRP and even honor A, X, and D plan. That's what my dealer offered. The Hyundai Santa Cruz is a compact truck proced like a Mid size and is uncomparible to the Maverick. Ford does need to work on getting vehicles to costumers, and they are doing the best they can, cause after all they don't like not selling more vehicles either.
Ford has given the green light to mark up their toys such as the Raptor, Bronco, certain Mustangs, etc but has promised to stop the price gouging on the rest.

My dealer also deals at MSRP while honoring the plan prices so that makes them one of the few good guys.

My buddy's Santa Cruz was $41K but it came with the rolling bed cover which is a $1200+ option from Ford. The Maverick could easily be priced just like the Santa Cruz if one were to check all the options boxes. Hyundai doesn't offer the $20K version like Ford does. But, the plane Jane Mav is really stripped.

Quick Reply: Ford Maverick Already Proving Its Worth To Small Businesses