Trip To Houston

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Trip To Houston

First of all, if this doesn't belong, please take it out BrianA.

Ok, so far we have me, Tom, Garrett, Strick, Jimmy and that's it right? If we do this, it will be toward the end of January/beginning of February. I figure that would give everyone time for the Christmas/New Years holiday to get out of their systems. (also, it will give me a chance to fix up the 'ol truck in time) I think I'm gonna surprise a couple of you guys!

So this is what I need to know:

1.) Who is in for sure...not maybe
2.) What day
3.) Where we will stay
4.) Who I get to beat on the track...

I know of the 4 of us that are for sure, but who else.

BTW, if you didn't already know, it will be in Houston at the Bay Town drag strip. I'll get reservations and all that once I get a head count.

True4.2

on edit: If we get any more Houston trip posts that come to mind, post them here instead of the other threads. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2003, 05:47 PM
strick88
Senior User
IM in 4 sho................no bull..................And I would be honored to have u beat me..............

Old 11-06-2003, 06:47 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go for it guys!
Suggestion....mention it in the Texas Forum. Never know...

Old 11-06-2003, 08:16 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Yeah but we may not like those guys and gals Brian...LoL...Just kidding. I cant commit 100% just because of military obligations. I may not have leave saved up, or be able to get off watch, or whatever. I am transfering to a new unit on or about 1 Jan 04. I would love to say I am down, but I cant. I will try my hardest to do it, and I will sacrifice some time with the woman. I think the S-cabs just might suprise you guys also. Brian, your in Al, thats pretty close compared to me, are you up for some fun?

Garrett

Old 11-06-2003, 08:22 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Garrett,
Give me a break man! I have a bone stock motor with (by that time) 115,000 miles on it. All I could do is provide you guys with something to laugh at!
Houston is a pretty long haul from Birmingham.And, I doubt I could get time away from work and family then. Already have commitments in both areas.
But, you guys go and have fun!

Old 11-06-2003, 08:43 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Ok, but I figured id be nice and extend the invite, unlike Joe. Besides, you could be the test guy. The one we compare our mods to Youd be..unique!

Garrett

Old 11-06-2003, 08:55 PM
strick88
Senior User
when will u know if u can come, do u have any leave right now...

Old 11-06-2003, 09:02 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
I have leave on the books, but I plan on going home for the holidays...I got some news about my brother, some jerk off that disliked me in high school jumped him in the gas station...I am using 12 days to go home over xmas, and make sure my bro is ok. he had 5 stitches and a mild concussion, which he is prone to. Like I said, I will try hard, but cant promise.

Garrett

Old 11-06-2003, 09:08 PM
strick88
Senior User
yea..................thats more important anyway. hope u can make it though.

Old 11-06-2003, 09:12 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
I will try man.....aside from getting the time off ork, I need to convince the g/f that she doesnt wanna go....LoL. I think I will tell her we arent doing anything but drinkin alcohol, not some cheap beer, tom. Hurricanes are on me!, watching football, and drag racing. That should scare her away.

LoL
Garrett

Old 11-06-2003, 09:18 PM
strick88
Senior User
that should scare her...............it scares me a little

Old 11-06-2003, 09:27 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Hehehe....Strick...whats your current 1/4 mi time, also, what day or week would work best for you?

Old 11-07-2003, 06:37 AM
strick88
Senior User
only ran once...........I didnt have a tach and it was 85 degrees..But i wasnt to disapointed..........16.1. I was shifting by ear at about 4500 rpm.............so there is more there I think 15s are possible. the weekend is the best time for me...

Old 11-07-2003, 08:09 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
First off....Didn't I tell you that Joe would be the one to start this thread. I know you guys so well already, it's funny.

I'm in for sure. As for what day and so forth, I guess we won't know until we get closer to that Jan/Feb date.

Joe, you mentioned you had to get reservations. Did you mean for the track or for a hotel? Do you need to register in advance to race in Houston? I think you were talking about the hotel.

I would love to just take a road trip. It's been so long since I've been on a good long one (that didn't sound right). I'll just pack the cooler full of cheese and i'll be ready to go.

By that time, I should be running in the low 16's, however I'm sure my beast won't be any match for you guys lighter trucks, So I'll just be responsible for carting around all the "Hurricanes and cheep beer" as well as the sandwiches (cheese of course).

Tom

Old 11-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Busa01
Postmaster
Ok. Here goes nothing.

Brian/Ken, please do not be upset with me.

In an effort to attempt to make this an annual meeting which could possible grow larger and larger each year. I posted a similar thread on the (forbiden site) to see if we can get as many people to show up as possible.

As we can see, there aren't alot of regulars on the 4.2 section of FTE, this is why we (Joe, Me, Strick, Garrett, James and a few others) pretty much own this section...for the most part.

In order to make this thing as large of a group as possible, I thought it would be a good Idea to invite other 4.2's from you know where. As we would prefer only 4.2's in this rally.

It would be nice if we could get 25 or 30 4.2's to show up. If we can, it's possible that this can turn into an annual thing, and perhaps we can hold it at a different track each year to give everyone a break from driving now and again.

What do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea???

Also, Brian and Ken, please let me know if i've overstepped any boundries here.

Thanks all.

Tom Longo

Quick Reply: Trip To Houston