Received 1,477 Likes on 873 Posts
I bought all that soda pop.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rubiranch:
Old 11-05-2023, 05:17 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Rubiranch
There's some truth to my comment that with no cancer my immune system started to eat me.
WTF !

Well that just killed the humor.

I actually fully understand your comment, and I wish I didn't.

Old 11-05-2023, 05:27 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Cancer took my mom's parents and her step mother, her 4 siblings and 5 of my cousins soo far.
Mom and dad both had skin cancer but fortunately it never metastasized.
That's very interesting !!

Bones lived a very healthy life, retired at 45, regular exercise by walking, ate nutritional 'real' food, was as strong as an ox both mentally and physically, drank alcohol only socially, and always got a good night's sleep.

In fact your lifestyle and surrounds reminds me of his, very rich. (Rich as in quality of life as opposed to the amount of $$$$$'s in the bank.)

You've just helped me to put 2 and 2 together as to the cause of his cancer. Thank you !!

Old 11-05-2023, 05:31 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
I bought all that soda pop.
The humor is back.

Personally I would not have admitted to that.

The interesting bit is that the health professionals drank it.

Unless they only drink it once a week, and that was their once a week moment.

Old 11-05-2023, 11:34 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 6 by 8
WTF !

Well that just killed the humor.

I actually fully understand your comment, and I wish I didn't.
This is why I have no cancer. they watch this closely.
I think its amazing and awesome.
I was going in for blood work and follow ups every 28 days.
First sign of the liver enzymes started to rise we stopped the treatment.

This is a good thing.

Old 11-05-2023, 02:47 PM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Good afternoon DTO.
Thank you for engaging me with regard to your cancer. I sincerely appreciate it.

When you initially mentioned your cancer had gone, following immunotherapy, based on a herpes virus, I was impressed that there was a successful alternative to chemo etc.

At that time, I'd had small introductions to cancer whilst studying immunology.

But ! You then said that the cancer had come back, and without warning, you posted a picture of your head that looked like you'd been attacked by a vexed axe wielding psychopath, A.K.A. an angry ex-wife, LOL.

Fast forward to today, and I now understand that your immunotherapy is in fact similar in principle to chemotherapy, whereby damaged cells (cancer) are addressed with treatment, and if successful, obliterate those cells, but alas, in doing so, also damage healthy cells.

This in effect is similar in a way to an autoimmune condition.

Using the liver enzymes as a marker is all well and good, but damage would be done before treatment is stopped.

I'm not going to bother to learn in detail if immunotherapy in any way weakens the immune system.

It reminds me of the Covid test jab whereby intake of more than two jabs weakens the immune system, which is definitely an unwanted 'direct' effect.

Some might refer to this as a 'side' effect, but in reality, there is no such thing !!!!!

E.G. Some statin users complain of muscle cramps which is referred to as a 'side' effect. Umm, no. Those cramps are a 'direct' result from the intake of statins. Period.

Anyway, I see the same common theme in your case as I have seen in my studies, and that is the treatment of cancer.

What I'm not seeing is the treatment of the cause of the cancer.

In your case, given the amount of family member fatalities, you may have a hereditary lack of something, like zinc, say.

Silly example, but it's just an example.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if you said that your blood tests included all minerals, trace minerals, vitamins, and inflammatory markers.

$10 says they don't.

If you're the slightest bit curious, ask for those tests to be done when you go back in January, and if you do, please post up your vitamin D3 level.

I'm harping on about that because I am continually pleasantly surprised to see that D3 has a positive effect in metabolic health, cardiac health, immune system strength, and more recently, sepsis of all things.

Vitamin D3 supplementation became fashionable during Covid, but most Doctors promoting it failed to mention the importance of other minerals and vitamins which must be kept in balance.

They also failed to mention that not everybody can tolerate vitamin D3 supplementation without unwanted direct effects.

Assuming you are curious, and assuming you could tolerate vitamin D3 supplementation, along with the other required minerals etc, and assuming your current D3 levels fall short of a healthy 70 -90 ng/ml level, then your immune system could be greatly strengthened at a very low $$ cost.

D3 on its own won't kill cancer, but it would/should give the immune system a fighting chance of reducing the creation of damaged cells.

To finish off the and and ramble, here's a Ford truck comparison :

Your engine is set at 8* idle timing, and the truck runs just fine.

You then set the engine with 14* timing, and all of a sudden you feel an improvement. (Total and curve timing ignored for this simple comparison.)

D3 intake wouldn't give you a 'feel', but the improvement would be enjoyed by the immune system.

I suppose a better comparison would be having vacuum advance disconnected whilst cruising on highways, and then connecting it.

You would feel zero difference whilst driving, but when you reconnect the vacuum advance, slowly but surely you'd see a massive improvement in your wallet's health.

My fingers are crossed that you're curious, but no worries if you're not.

Old 11-06-2023, 11:06 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

Skin cancer, cause - too much sun.
The problem?? Me.
I have never shared a picture of my first cancerous tumor and I never will.
I let it go way too ling before having it looked at.
First biopsy said it was already advanced stage IV metastatic melanoma.
It had already metastasized before a doctor ever saw it.
Other than one tumor they found in my brain back in January 2022 I've been clean since September 2017.
That tumor was killed with radiation.

Immunotherapy by itself cannot get into the brain.
They discovered that infusions of two different immunotherapies at the same time can.
Two days after my double dose the tumor in my brain had already started to shrink, in other words die.

The found the mass in my brain January 2023 and I already had a follow up MRI already scheduled the week after my seizure.
What they removed was scar tissue surrounded by red blood cells, protecting my brain from the scar tissue.
They found no disease or cancer of any kind. I was taken off the anti-seizure medication the day they got the biopsy results.

I don't take good care of myself, never have never will.
I think that its truly amazing at where I am today considering where I've been.

Its awesome being cancer free.

Old 11-07-2023, 02:13 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
I don't take good care of myself, never have never will.
That's because you're a Terminator 2 !!

On a serious note, I find your 'brutal honesty' very refreshing, and I like the casual manner you use when mentioning serious matters, like the 1981 skin cancer.

Have you got an aversion to using the word 'warning' ?

It would have been nice to see a warning before scrolling down to the picture of you imitating a lobster (ouch !!).

Or, are you an evil ba$tard that ignores a warning on purpose?

Thank you for sharing parts of your cancer history, and I couldn't agree more, it's awesome that you're cancer free.

I added several cancer markers to my annual blood tests.

I doubt they're 100% conclusive, but I like the idea of having a heads up of any nasties coming my way. (Similar in principle to you monitoring your liver enzyme levels.)

In a way it's a bit like checking oil and coolant levels.

If I ever get cancer, I'm going to roll the dice and have a crack at Autophagy, as opposed to chemo etc.

Talking about oil, here's a suggestion, clean/degrease the back of your block, from the heads and intake downwards, and ensure the area is clean.

After the truck is driven again, climb into the engine bay, remove the air filter to allow more space for vision, and using a good light and hand held mirror, check where the intake meets the block.

Quick 'n easy, and won't stress the shoulder.

Your comment about the two different sizes on your pcv system was interesting. Please post up your conclusions when you get to it.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-07-2023, 09:53 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Its even leaking in the front of the intake now.
So the intake gasket will get replaced next, again.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get a better picture, or at least one of both PCV valves.
This one is the smaller of the two and basically uses the same size hose as 3/8 fuel line.

This is the 390 that was in my truck when I bought it.
It came out of a 1966 Mercury Monterey.
Look at the vacuum source for the PCV, two big ports T'd into one - volume.

I'll post pictures f the two different PCV valves the the 410 factory intake.
Too late to get pictures, besides - its snowing.

Old 11-07-2023, 10:53 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

My best friend came down yesterday for my birthday and is spending the week here.
He moved in next door back in December 1963, 60 years ago.
He's staying here in the campground.

We got out for a ride today, not a long one but a nice one. We went up on top of Iron Mountain to take in the view.

This was coming back down the switchbacks that gets you up on top.

That's me.
Have a nice evening.

Old 11-08-2023, 12:49 AM
1TonBasecamp
Lead Driver
Received 746 Likes on 599 Posts
I think we will, after those great pictures! Great to have good old friends with you for a day out like that.
And happy birthday to you!
Due to unplanned circumstances, one of my good buddies just moved in with me. He was the first one I met when I moved into neighborhood in 62!

and by the way, you should not have two PCV valves.
So hopefully one is the actual valve (the one pictured), and the other is a filtered breather cap, or elbow with a hose to the air filter.
One is for sucking out the bad (the valve), the other is for allowing fresh clean air in from the other side.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-08-2023, 01:05 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Great pictures, as always.

If jealousy was a cancer, I'd have stage 6.

Hmmmm, either you aren't getting the sealant beading thick enough on the front and rear sections, or the pcv valve is suspect.

Don't rush into changing the gasket just yet.

Find out the cause of the leak first.

Clean the oil off the front and add some sealant along the join.

It won't look neat 'n tidy but it doesn't matter at this stage.

If it leaks again, the pcv valve can be suspected.

Next you could block the back of the carb and let the pipe sit unconnected, or fit a valve cover breather. (Or make this change first rather.)

PCV valves can pass all the tests and still be faulty.

The larger piping on the 390 would still connect to a stock pcv valve, so I don't think there would be a material difference. I could be wrong of course.

Happy Birthday, and have a great Birthday week.

Old 11-08-2023, 01:12 AM
1TonBasecamp
Lead Driver
Received 746 Likes on 599 Posts
In the semi modern era, the Ford explorer at least went back to a vacuum port T-red into one for the PCV valve.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:04 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,509 Likes on 975 Posts
HAve you had a chance to run the U/v Dye yet?

I'm anxiously awaiting results. I suspect its the rear chinawall thats your primary leak

Old 11-08-2023, 08:43 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 1TonBasecamp
I think we will, after those great pictures! Great to have good old friends with you for a day out like that.
And happy birthday to you!
Due to unplanned circumstances, one of my good buddies just moved in with me. He was the first one I met when I moved into neighborhood in 62!

and by the way, you should not have two PCV valves.
So hopefully one is the actual valve (the one pictured), and the other is a filtered breather cap, or elbow with a hose to the air filter.
One is for sucking out the bad (the valve), the other is for allowing fresh clean air in from the other side.
I hope things get better soon for you friend.
One PCV valve, two sources of vacuum.

Quick Reply: My 1976 F-250