My 1976 F-250

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 01:52 PM
wyrm73
Laughing Gas
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Rubiranch

I think I found my PS fluid leak.
At what temperature does power steering fluid FREEZE?!? That's a hard nope from me. If it ever gets that cold where I live, I am moving.

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-21-2023, 05:50 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Received 1,489 Likes on 877 Posts
Originally Posted by wyrm73
At what temperature does power steering fluid FREEZE?!? That's a hard nope from me. If it ever gets that cold where I live, I am moving.

Too funny Jeremy.

We've had a few cold mornings here with last week being to coldest.
I can tell you that it was below 0°. The coldest so far was -9°.
I am looking forward to spring.

Old 02-22-2023, 09:42 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

I replaced the gas filter yesterday. I cut the old one open and it just didn't look dirty enough to be causing any problems.
Drove the truck and after a few miles the truck started starving for fuel so I swathed back to the main tank.
Once it was going again I pilled over and took the gas cap off and it started starving again.
Soo not I have been led to believe there's something in the tank causing a restriction.
Something to look into when I have more time.

I got my new Motorcraft stater solenoid today. I bought the least expensive one O'Reilly had instead of the one from
Standard and their less expensive one looks like a cheap piece of junk compared to this Motorcraft solenoid.

Looks like I have a few things to get done next week.

Old 03-03-2023, 05:31 PM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

Before....

and after.

Sad day for me. I either had a mini stroke or a seizer.
I woke up with a Deputy standing next to the truck waiting for me to wake up.
The truck was in the creek with the camper on the ground.

It looks like it might be a while before I go camping again.

Old 03-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Mark8man
Laughing Gas
Received 237 Likes on 161 Posts
So sorry to hear and see that Kenny. Just horrible news. Always look forward to your posts and read everyone. I will pray for your recovery.

Old 03-03-2023, 10:30 PM
wyrm73
Laughing Gas
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts
Man, that sucks more than just a little bit, but the important part is you are still here to tell the story.. Scary to say the least, but hopefully you came through better than the camper or truck. Most definitely time to give the old family doc a call and follow up. Either one of those options are nothing to ignore!

Old 03-05-2023, 12:12 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master

Thank you. At least I still have a good truck.

Old 03-05-2023, 04:28 AM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Good morning Dr Truck Oncologist.

Yikes, that's nasty.

I'm pleased that you escaped unscathed.

Sooner, rather than later, have your blood tested for Troponin (several variants) and D-Dimer.

These measure heart damage and blood clotting and are incredibly informative.

There's more useful tests that I can't remember off hand.

I hope you weren't injected with the test jab.

Looking at the truck in all of its undamaged glory is a consolation.

Old 03-05-2023, 08:49 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Sorry to read the post about your truck and health issues. I too will keep you in my prayers. Hopefully and prayerfully the docs can figure out what exactly happened and are able to prevent it from happening again. Glad to hear that you escaped the crash with no further life-threatening issues. I also pray that you don't have a huge battle with your insurance company with the replacement of your truck and camper.

Old 03-05-2023, 10:11 AM
Westcoast Highboy
Tuned
Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident and health issue. I lost my younger brother just over a year ago to a wreck after he had a heart attack while driving. The heart attack didn't finish him off but the injuries from the wreck did. I would say looking at those pics that you are lucky to be still with us!

Old 03-06-2023, 12:06 AM
77&79F250
Received 3,424 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Kenny dude so sorry to hear and see this. At least a possible medical issue with you was discovered and hope to get that figured out ASAP. Truck's, ya get'm, drive'm, love'm and then they commit ditch death on ya. Time to see if that insurance company is ready to stand buy their (premium paying) man. And pay up and get you a camping rig.

Old 03-06-2023, 06:36 AM
ranger140892
Cargo Master
Received 536 Likes on 382 Posts
Kenny, it's a blessing you walked away from that, and can joke about it. I hate you lost your camping rig. I'm glad we didn't lose you!

The following 2 users liked this post by ranger140892:
Old 03-06-2023, 07:49 AM
NM76F150
More Turbo
Received 195 Likes on 128 Posts
Sorry to see this. Glad you're ok!

Old 03-06-2023, 08:30 AM
Rubiranch
Cargo Master
Thank you everyone, thank you very much.

During my regular MRI back on Jan 25th they found more cancer in my brain, they think my stroke or seizure or what ever happened may have been caused by that.
They air lifted me to St George where they did an MRI. I have an appointment with my radiation oncologist and my neurologist at The Huntsman Cancer Hospital Tuesday.
Not sure anyone really knows what happened. I can't remember about 1/2 hour of me driving, just waking up with a deputy talking to me, my truck in the creek and my camper laying on its side.

This is where my camper was laying.

And this is where my truck was.

My water heater is what caught my camper on fire. Thankfully the entire camper didn't go up in flames.

We went back to where I crashed yesterday and yes, I am a very lucky man.

Old 03-06-2023, 12:53 PM
6 by 8
Laughing Gas
Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rubiranch
During my regular MRI back on Jan 25th they found more cancer in my brain, they think my stroke or seizure or what ever happened may have been caused by that.

They air lifted me to St George where they did an MRI. I have an appointment with my radiation oncologist and my neurologist at The Huntsman Cancer Hospital Tuesday..
Hey DTO, the underlined bit above is very bad/sad news, and I am sincerely sorry to hear that. I was hoping that the herpes virus and immunotherapy was a permanent solution.

I'm compelled to make some comments, and I hope at least one of them will be of use to you.

When you say Tuesday, do you mean tomorrow ?

Whether a yes or no, I'd test for Troponin and D-Dimer, as mentioned earlier, as well as C Reactive Protein, tomorrow, or elsewhere a.s.a.p.

You didn't mention a visit to a cardiologist on Tuesday, so if you intend seeing one, the above 3 test results would be informative to him/her, or 'them' if a transgender LOL.

Vitamin D3 seriously supports the immune system, amongst other benefits, so I'd also get a blood test to tell me the current blood level. (I imagine yours is low.)

I know you didn't read up on CoQ10, but at your age, and in your condition, I'd seriously consider 300mg supplementation daily. (Nothing but health benefits ! )

With regard to cancer, cancer is basically damaged cells, causing havoc, and those cells can only survive if they're fed glucose. (Maybe this is too simplistic, maybe not.)

Consider stopping all intake of, or talking to your Oncologist about, fructose, sugar, and carbs.

Consider talking to your Oncologist about fasting, maybe starting with a 72 hour fast, living on black tea and/or coffee only.

He/she should know the immense benefits to the body during such fasting in a case such as yours.

Personally I'd tell you to f$$k off (LOL) if you told me to fast for 72 hours, but I don't have cancer.

Waffle over.

Quick Reply: My 1976 F-250