Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your OBS today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 01:44 PM
HubbaHubbaLife
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats.... and welcome to the F250 club. You'll have to share the differences you experience and any planned upgrades or mods planned. Body looks in great shape from the one pic showed.

Old 01-04-2024, 01:55 PM
OBSession05
Laughing Gas
Received 284 Likes on 190 Posts
Nice truck and congrats! Love the hubcaps and stance.

Old 01-07-2024, 04:15 PM
matkinson13
Cross-Country
Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
Investigated oil loss and smoke smell. Yep, it's the valve cover gaskets and the PCV valve looks gnarly so it's suspect too. I tightened what I could in a short time, but the actual repair is gonna be a fun one. Oy.

Also found the source of an exhaust leak on the passenger side. The exhaust manifold is only "kinda" mating with the exhaust pipe at the junction. Awesome sound, I tell ya.

Old 01-08-2024, 07:37 AM
solanum
Tuned
Received 140 Likes on 123 Posts
351w's hate exhaust manifolds

When I was a kid my dad drove an '83 F-350 that had broken runners on 6 cylinders. Because of that truck, I will forever associate exhaust noises with bad things. "uPgRaDeD" exhaust systems always sound like dog excrement to my ears

After years of listening to it out of fear fixing it would be a C.F., Dad gave in and let me take a shot at repairing it. First auto repair task I ever did. Turns out all but 1 of the studs was only finger tight. Since then I have replaced many 351w manifolds and find it tremendously satisfying to hear the sound of SILENCE afterward

OK, that concludes my ramble, thanks for reminding me of some good memories

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-11-2024, 01:40 PM
OBSession05
Laughing Gas
Well I had an interesting morning. So I go out to get my trail cameras at a property because it's going to be too cold to hunt and I have no desire to sit in single digit weather to potentially see one either. Everything was pretty rough going through and I barely just made it. Went to go grab my cameras and on my way out this snow drift sucks my front end in and bottoms out my rear end.

Luckily the owner of the property was just up the road and saved me from having to dig myself out. He also had a camera out there so we talked and he decided to go for it. He gets as far as I do and gets stuck in the same spot I did so I went all the way around the field to avoid that snow drift and after 10 very harsh yanks with the chain I got him out somehow. I was happy though I could return the favor by helping him out and we could both get our cameras. The only thing this costed me is a tweaked front bumper but I'd rather have that over leaving this truck in the -5 degree weather over night. With not many options to hook a chain I now understand why a lot of this trucks bumpers look like that 😂
​​​​​​

This truck will definitely be getting tow hooks soon.

Old 01-11-2024, 01:53 PM
HubbaHubbaLife
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by OBSession05
Well I had an interesting morning. So I go out to get my trail cameras at a property because it's going to be too cold to hunt and I have no desire to sit in single digit weather to potentially see one either. Everything was pretty rough going through and I barely just made it. Went to go grab my cameras and on my way out this snow drift sucks my front end in and bottoms out my rear end.

Luckily the owner of the property was just up the road and saved me from having to dig myself out. He also had a camera out there so we talked and he decided to go for it. He gets as far as I do and gets stuck in the same spot I did so I went all the way around the field to avoid that snow drift and after 10 very harsh yanks with the chain I got him out somehow. I was happy though I could return the favor by helping him out and we could both get our cameras. The only thing this costed me is a tweaked front bumper but I'd rather have that over leaving this truck in the -5 degree weather over night. With not many options to hook a chain I now understand why a lot of this trucks bumpers look like that 😂
​​​​​​

Glad ya made it out! I'll have to post a pic of my bed where it got pushed in towards the cab under the window. Previous owner must've slammed breaks and something in bed slammed pretty hard. I need ideas on how to straighten that out.... pic to come....

Old 01-11-2024, 02:01 PM
OBSession05
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by HubbaHubbaLife
Glad ya made it out! I'll have to post a pic of my bed where it got pushed in towards the cab under the window. Previous owner must've slammed breaks and something in bed slammed pretty hard. I need ideas on how to straighten that out.... pic to come....
Thanks! I'm glad I got out too. I probably should've turned around but this is the adventure I needed and I was too far to turn around so might as well full send it

Old 01-11-2024, 02:12 PM
HubbaHubbaLife
Cross-Country
Since you mentioned your new dent in front I thought I'd post these I just took of my bed.... think I'll open new thread to hear comments on how best to fix this....

Old 01-11-2024, 02:24 PM
OBSession05
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by HubbaHubbaLife
Since you mentioned your new dent in front I thought I'd post these I just took of my bed.... think I'll open new thread to hear comments on how best to fix this....

Funny enough my 76 F150 has that same dent 😂... I think someone may of put a four wheeler in the back (totally not me 😏 ) and hit the gas too hard resulting in the four wheeler ramming into the tire mount that was there...

I wouldn't feel bad about it though. Remember with every dent comes a story with it

Old 01-11-2024, 02:47 PM
MiteyF
Cross-Country
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
My bed looks like that too. Not quite as bad though. Just means the canopy leaks a little up there!

Old 01-12-2024, 12:26 AM
Soup bean
Laughing Gas
Received 279 Likes on 215 Posts

​​​​​​

I bought one of these with 6' legs, figuring it'll give me options for hooking to cars with no attachment points.
I also figured if someone has to pull me from the front, it'll save some bumper damage.

Old 01-12-2024, 09:02 AM
OBSession05
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Soup bean
I bought one of these with 6' legs, figuring it'll give me options for hooking to cars with no attachment points.
I also figured if someone has to pull me from the front, it'll save some bumper damage.
Very interesting. Where did you find that at? That'd be great for around here.

Old 01-12-2024, 09:08 AM
NM76F150
More Turbo
Received 195 Likes on 128 Posts
I often find myself in deep snow (Colorado mountains) These have gotten me out on my own many times.
Amazon Amazon

Old 01-12-2024, 09:36 AM
Soup bean
Laughing Gas
Received 279 Likes on 215 Posts
Very interesting. Where did you find that at? That'd be great for around here.
Google "V bridle tow chain." There are a few different manufacturers. It's what roll back drivers use.

Old 01-12-2024, 10:00 AM
OBSession05
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by NM76F150
I often find myself in deep snow (Colorado mountains) These have gotten me out on my own many times.
https://www.amazon.com/REINDEER-Reco...8QAvD_BwE&th=1
Originally Posted by Soup bean
Google "V bridle tow chain." There are a few different manufacturers. It's what roll back drivers use.
Thanks! These should help out a ton.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your OBS today?