2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

How long will dealer hold your order after arrival.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 01:29 PM
mudjski
Cross-Country
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
How long will dealer hold your order after arrival.

Ordered an F250. If the scheduled build week and subsequent travel time to dealer hold true to what most on sheet have taken, I may be out of town and unable to collect truck for 10-14 days. Aint the wilderness so I would be able to tell salesman as much when they called.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:39 PM
FONRDAY
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
With no trucks on lot

Originally Posted by mudjski
Ordered an F250. If the scheduled build week and subsequent travel time to dealer hold true to what most on sheet have taken, I may be out of town and unable to collect truck for 10-14 days. Aint the wilderness so I would be able to tell salesman as much when they called.
They wont hold it very long. Better call them.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:58 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,789 Likes on 1,353 Posts
I’m sure the size of a deposit would correlate to the length of time they would hold it for you

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-20-2021, 02:03 PM
chadstickpoindexter
Logistics Pro
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,465 Posts
I would imagine if you have money down they can’t sell it from under you unless you decline it… saying that… if they don’t hear from you for a while, who knows what’ll happen. If you know you’re going to be out for a while just call your dealer ahead of time and let him know that you won’t be available until a certain date and that you will be back in touch then. If you wanted it documented you could also email it to him, but I’d still talk to him in person over the phone.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:30 PM
Ltngdrvr
Lead Driver
Received 3,388 Likes on 1,792 Posts
Heck man, call them and ask!

The following 3 users liked this post by Ltngdrvr:
Old 08-20-2021, 02:34 PM
mudjski
Cross-Country
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Heck man, call them and ask!
Between this last year in general and reading these forums and Reddit too long, I am paranoid I guess. I dont like giving people too much information too soon. Cant ungive it. Thats what askin my anonymous brethren is for. Haha.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:08 PM
shawnee1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 436 Likes on 263 Posts
I expect it depends on when the truck arrives. The dealer has sales quota dates and dates that start their inventory finance costs. If you are close to either the dealer will want to get the deal done. If you are many days from either the dealer is likely not to care about a short delay. I agree it is best to discuss with dealer just before you take your trip. Both you and the dealer will be in a better position to discuss options.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:11 PM
Ltngdrvr
Lead Driver
Received 3,388 Likes on 1,792 Posts
The longer you leave it there, the more demo rides they are likely to use it for.
You'll have all kinds of fools beating on your new truck.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ltngdrvr:
Old 08-20-2021, 03:15 PM
GrangerFord
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 578 Likes on 256 Posts
A reasonable expectation should be 30 days. I can't see why they wouldn't agree to that. As long as you stay in contact and schedule an appointment to pick it up, etc. They should be happy with you.

The following 2 users liked this post by GrangerFord:
Old 08-20-2021, 03:17 PM
chadstickpoindexter
Logistics Pro
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,465 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
The longer you leave it there, the more demo rides they are likely to use it for.
You'll have all kinds of fools beating on your new truck.
The one 22 I have seen come in on my lot was "sold" and I wasn't allowed to even get in it, although he did let me open it up and look around and take photos. Prior to this there as a 21 on the lot that was a stock order. I knew I wasn't buying it but I did ask the dealer if he would let me drive it... he went in to get the keys and walked right back out with another dealer and informed me that someone was on the way from a surrounding town to buy the truck, so they wouldn't let me drive it either... Maybe other dealers will handle it different, but if the vehicle is a retail order, or even "sold," the dealership here won't let people drive the vehicles around.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:52 PM
2Wheel-Lee
Mountain Pass
Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts
Between this last year in general and reading these forums and Reddit too long, I am paranoid I guess. I dont like giving people too much information too soon. Cant ungive it. Thats what askin my anonymous brethren is for. Haha.
It's a very reasonable concern. Many dealers have "accidentally" sold high demand special-order vehicles to others who were not the one the vehicle should have gone to.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:53 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,731 Likes on 1,676 Posts
1. Trot yer behind down and talk to dealer you would be ordering through.
2. Be upfront with him/her. Tell them what the situation is.
3. If said dealer even acts questionable about it…..go to different dealer until you fine one to your satisfaction.

And most of all……….if a person is not up front with a dealer; how can said person bitch if dealer is not up front with them.
It is called having a face to face conversatioon……..something our world no longer knows how to do.

The following 2 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 08-20-2021, 05:01 PM
406f150
Laughing Gas
Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Don
1. Trot yer behind down and talk to dealer you would be ordering through.
2. Be upfront with him/her. Tell them what the situation is.
3. If said dealer even acts questionable about it…..go to different dealer until you fine one to your satisfaction.

And most of all……….if a person is not up front with a dealer; how can said person bitch if dealer is not up front with them.
It is called having a face to face conversatioon……..something our world no longer knows how to do.
^This. If you have a deposit down to hold it there should be no problem with them waiting until you get back. If there is then find a different dealer.
On the other hand if I was the dealer and it shows up, you haven't been in communication with them, no deposit in place, and they can't contact you within a week I'd sell it. There's been multiple times when I was selling things private party and someone comes and looks at something or I send them pics and they say they are taking it, then don't show to pick it up after everything was arranged and ready to go.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:17 PM
Lariat Driver
Tuned
Received 186 Likes on 106 Posts
When I ordered my truck in July, part of the paperwork was a "form" the dealer had me sign that said if the truck arrived as ordered and undamaged, then I had 7 days to complete the purchase otherwise they "could" sell it. And I also put $ down. I have been, and will continue to be, in touch with my sales guy while we are on a trip during September just in case my build date moves up or the world stops spinning and my truck falls onto the dealer's lot unexpectedly.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:37 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
came in on a saturday i took deliveery on monday no need to hold it

Quick Reply: How long will dealer hold your order after arrival.