2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

SPRAY IN BED LINER

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 11:28 AM
PhilKash
Mountain Pass
Received 77 Likes on 20 Posts
SPRAY IN BED LINER

I did NOT order the Spray-in Bed Liner.
My 2011 SuperDuty came without and I had a LINE-X spray in done.
Over the 10 1/2 years I owned it, the LINE-X stayed perfect.
My understanding of LINE-X is that it is sprayed in HOT, whereas others are not.
All I know is it was excellent, SO, when I receive my new truck, first thing it gets is LINE-X.

HAS ANYONE LOVED THE FACTORY SPRAY-IN BED LINER?

Old 08-13-2021, 11:53 AM
dzlbudman
Mountain Pass
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
I actually use my bed like it’s intended as a work truck. I love lineX. I’m a lineX fanboy. But, I’ve had the factory liner in my last 2 trucks and have had zero issues with it.

The following 2 users liked this post by dzlbudman:
Old 08-13-2021, 12:06 PM
Rich53
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
My factory bedliner is working fine, year and a half, but I don’t throw stuff in the back, I put it in, and mostly it is stuff that is not too heavy or has sharp edges. If I do have something that is rough I throw a piece of cardboard in there first, soaks up any spills as well.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:08 PM
slurugger
Mountain Pass
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts
another Linex fan-boy here. I've taken a small chunk out of one with a shovel (literally jamming it into the liner) and they warranty fixed it within a few days and no questions asked. they also remove all the hardware as opposed to just spraying over it like they did in my dad's 2016 F350.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:04 PM
GNR22
Fabri-cobbler
Received 515 Likes on 340 Posts
I have the factory spray in liner on my '21. Works fine. Grippy. I haven't taken any chunks out yet, and I've been using it regularly for months. Seems fine to me.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-13-2021, 01:16 PM
4B11TX
Mountain Pass
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts
My dealer told me the spray in bed liner and wheel well liners would add time to my build and recommend not getting them. I can get line x for the same price and it looks like the do a better job.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:17 PM
mwierowski
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had Line-X in my 2011 Super Duty and factory spray in bed liner in my 2013 Super Duty. As far as durability is would say they are on par with one another. I had the 2013 a lot longer than I had the 2011 and the factory liner held up for all the years I had the 2013. I will say I prefer the fit and finish of the Line-X over the factory spray in. Line-X masked over or removed anything that didn't need to be sprayed. So all the corner tie downs, rubber grommets, bolts that mounted the bed to the frame were not sprayed over with the Line-X install. In my opinion it made for a nicer looking installation. But as far as durability is concerned, I consider them equally as tough. I was not easy on my liners. Would have skids of grain loaded and slid into the bed via forklifts. Had loads of gravel dumped in the bed. Never had an issue with either truck.

Old 08-13-2021, 01:26 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts
The factory spray in bed liner plus the Ford accessories rubber bet mat are a perfect combination.

The following 2 users liked this post by GABAR:
Old 08-13-2021, 01:29 PM
PhilKash
Mountain Pass
Received 77 Likes on 20 Posts
Sounds like Ford is doing a decent job with the spray-in.
That is good.
I am still happy with my decision to have LINE-X done after I receive my truck.

First, a vendor I am paying to have the liner sprayed in is responsible to ME.
Second, I wouldn't want the build delayed because of the spray-in job.
Third, LINE-X vendors remove any hardware and HOT spray-in the liner. Price is about the same.

DID I MISS ANYTHING?

Old 08-13-2021, 02:27 PM
Brantel
More Turbo
Received 189 Likes on 112 Posts
The factory spray in liner on my 2020 has been great. Those videos of how they don't properly prep the surface being sprayed is concerning but I also ordered the factory spray in on my MY22 as well.

Old 08-13-2021, 02:34 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 334 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by PhilKash
DID I MISS ANYTHING?
Yes. While I've had no issues with the OEM bed-liner in my 2017 KR, I've seen YouTube videos showing when peeled back, it reveals no prep work on the painted surface underneath ... just shiny paint. Line-X and others prep the surface before spraying to gain better adhesion. Still, I would've gotten the OEM liner when I ordered my 2022, but my dealer also said it could add up to 6 more weeks of wait time. I'll get it installed locally this time.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:29 PM
KCRebel
More Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm admittedly a line x fanboy as well having used them in other trucks for years. That said I am now on my second Ford liner. Both have held up well. The texture is nowhere close to as grippy as the line x. Both trucks I bought at the dealer and already had the liner in them. If I were to order one I would skip the factory liner and go line x. Its cheaper to have line x done here, the bed is prepped and the material is thicker and has more grip vs the ford version.

Old 08-13-2021, 04:00 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by Brantel
The factory spray in liner on my 2020 has been great. Those videos of how they don't properly prep the surface being sprayed is concerning but I also ordered the factory spray in on my MY22 as well.
Well, the people in that video really shouldn’t say that Ford doesn’t properly prep the surface that’s being sprayed because they’re pushing and talking about they’re product offering which is Line X or some other brand that requires such prep work which equates to more cost for the consumer.

I think it’s awful to sand off the factory clear coat to apply a spray in bed liner.

It’s nice that the factory liner can be pulled off with some muscle and after removal, one will have a perfectly shiny bed.

Old 08-13-2021, 04:15 PM
KCRebel
More Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by GABAR
Well, the people in that video really shouldn’t say that Ford doesn’t properly prep the surface that’s being sprayed because they’re pushing and talking about they’re product offering which is Line X or some other brand that requires such prep work which equates to more cost for the consumer.

I think it’s awful to sand off the factory clear coat to apply a spray in bed liner.

It’s nice that the factory liner can be pulled off with some muscle and after removal, one will have a perfectly shiny bed.
line x is $150 cheaper here than what Ford charges for the spray in bedliner. The fact Ford doesn’t prep the bed is precisely why they have adhesion issues. I mean if you wanted something removable why not go with a drop in bed liner or bed rug? Much cheaper and done correctly.
What was said was accurate. Nothing nice about $600 investment peeling up like a vinyl overlay. It’s a bed liner meant to do work. Not cosmetic coverup.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:23 PM
OkieSweetness
Junior User
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by KCRebel
line x is $150 cheaper here than what Ford charges for the spray in bedliner. The fact Ford doesn’t prep the bed is precisely why they have adhesion issues. I mean if you wanted something removable why not go with a drop in bed liner or bed rug? Much cheaper and done correctly.
What was said was accurate. Nothing nice about $600 investment peeling up like a vinyl overlay. It’s a bed liner meant to do work. Not cosmetic coverup.
What adhesion issues? I have had the factory spray in on my 2017 and beat the crap out of it, and it is a solid as the day I bought it.

The following 2 users liked this post by OkieSweetness:

Quick Reply: SPRAY IN BED LINER