2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

10 Speed transmission New Vehicle Demonstration/Delivery Hold

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 04:54 AM
dzdiggin'dude
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
My work truck, a 2020 F350, sits in garage all weekend. Lately it seems that when I put in gear on Monday to leave it takes a bit to engage, as if torque converter is leaking down. Anyone else have this happening?

Old 06-24-2021, 06:36 AM
Rich53
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Mine has always done this.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:07 PM
bertschb
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anybody else received a notice from Ford re: transmission Customer Satisfaction Program? I haven't and I haven't read of anybody else receiving one. This issue sounded like a really big deal a couple months ago and now I don't hear anything. I'm touring the west with our RV. Hope the transmission holds together.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:56 PM
Glcooper
Cross-Country
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich53
Mine has always done this.
Same with mine.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Jprockin
Junior User
I was wondering the same thing. Contacted my dealer a while back.....service manager had not heard of it till I brought it up. He then commenced to telling it me it does not apply to to truck for different reasons, wrong build date....wrong plant...wrong ratio. I corrected him on them, because they did apply to truck. Besides rear ratio. I asked him how the ratio in the rear diff has anything to do with needle bearings on a trans planet. He agreed it didnt make sense but nothing they could do.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:20 PM
KeystoneF350
Tuned
Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Jprockin
I was wondering the same thing. Contacted my dealer a while back.....service manager had not heard of it till I brought it up. He then commenced to telling it me it does not apply to to truck for different reasons, wrong build date....wrong plant...wrong ratio. I corrected him on them, because they did apply to truck. Besides rear ratio. I asked him how the ratio in the rear diff has anything to do with needle bearings on a trans planet. He agreed it didnt make sense but nothing they could do.
I always assumed the lower rear diff ratio causes the transmission output shaft to spin at a higher speed at highway speed and the wear issue on the needle bearings may manifest itself sooner on trucks with lower rear diff ratios.

Old 08-15-2021, 06:13 PM
bheath26
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have this repair done yet?

Old 08-20-2021, 12:57 PM
Peacemakers
New User
Originally Posted by Brantel
Actually that is stating those trucks are now eligible for this repair. They are rolling this out in stages. Make no mistake about it, this impacts most if not all of the 2020's with the 10 speed.....
HELP PLEASE

I do Hotshot Trucking with my 2020 F350 and my Transmission went down 2 days ago after picking up a load. I managed to return the load to the shipper and then limped to my home dealership. Aftter diagnostics, the Service adviser called me saying Ford only covers Gear Ratios 4.1, 4.33 & 4.88 and mine does NOT apply!

Who can give me advise as to what to do and who to contact because this is just ridiculous!!!! I had the same Wrench sign come on, stuck in 3rd gear, no reverse and everything happening the same as laid on in the symptoms but because my gear ratio is "lower", I think it's a 3.73,

Ford is refusing to cover my Truck. Any advise to resolve this matter will be appreciated

Originally Posted by bertschb
I understand the part that fails is in the letter. What isn't clear is if this part is from a bad batch or if it's 100% failure for this part in all applications. It also isn't clear what causes the part to fail (e.g. excessive heat, incorrect assembly, etc). Either way, the more I think about Ford not sharing the full scope of the problem, I think I'm going to just order a new truck. I realize a new truck will take months to arrive but I'd rather get my order in now and then just HOPE my transmission lasts until the new truck arrives. I don't want the transmission to fail this fall then try to find a replacement.

Your point about Ford instructing dealers to repair all vehicles in inventory and not allow demonstrations is excellent. Thanks for pointing that out again.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:07 PM
cwtex04
Tuned
Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by bheath26
Anyone have this repair done yet?
Yep had mine taken care of back in early May , no issues at all before or after .

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-20-2021, 01:10 PM
Donnie Darko
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peacemakers
HELP PLEASE

I do Hotshot Trucking with my 2020 F350 and my Transmission went down 2 days ago after picking up a load. I managed to return the load to the shipper and then limped to my home dealership. After diagnostics, the Service adviser called me saying Ford only covers Gear Ratios 4.1, 4.33 & 4.88 and mine does NOT apply!

Who can give me advise as to what to do and who to contact because this is just ridiculous!!!! I had the same Wrench sign come on, stuck in 3rd gear, no reverse and everything happening the same as laid on in the symptoms but because my gear ratio is "lower", I think it's a 3.73,

Ford is refusing to cover my Truck. Any advise to resolve this matter will be appreciated
How many miles are on your truck?

Old 08-20-2021, 01:16 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,537 Likes on 1,094 Posts
power train warranty left? Call ford cust service.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:40 PM
Peacemakers
New User
Originally Posted by Jprockin
Just called my dealer. I meet the criteria for the CSP but my vin is not covered on it! He said it may be do to the 3.55 gears. I said that has nothing to do with needle bearings in a planetary in the trans. He agreed and apologized. He said the parts arent available yet. I'm really hoping the vin is added. Truck shifts rough and stalled on me last weekend when I was backing down my driveway in N.C. fired right back up but I'm glad I was at the bottom of the hill. Let him know that. He said they could look at it but obviously it wont do it while they are on thier 2 mile test drive. Pretty damn frustrating. 2020 f250...7.3....3.55 gear. 25k miles.

I do Hotshot Trucking and my 2020 F350 Transmission went out 4 days ago right after picking up a load.

Wrench light came on, stuck in 3rd gear and no reverse.

Ford says they cannot help with Customer Satisfaction Program because my Gear Ratio is 3.55 or something in the 3’s and not 4.10 and higher!

Same engine, same transmission but because my gear ratio is lower they're refusing to apply the CSP!

Does anyone have any about idea how I can get this resolved?

Old 08-23-2021, 05:10 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,537 Likes on 1,094 Posts
Originally Posted by Peacemakers
I do Hotshot Trucking and my 2020 F350 Transmission went out 4 days ago right after picking up a load.

Wrench light came on, stuck in 3rd gear and no reverse.

Ford says they cannot help with Customer Satisfaction Program because my Gear Ratio is 3.55 or something in the 3’s and not 4.10 and higher!

Same engine, same transmission but because my gear ratio is lower they're refusing to apply the CSP!

Does anyone have any about idea how I can get this resolved?

So no warranty on the truck or powertrain? How many miles?

Old 08-23-2021, 11:26 AM
Peacemakers
New User
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko
How many miles are on your truck?
152k miles. The dealership just called saying that Ford says that they won't be extended the CSP to the 3. gear ratios and also, and on another avenue, they're saying that the miles are too high!

Old 08-23-2021, 11:28 AM
Peacemakers
New User
Originally Posted by senix
So no warranty on the truck or powertrain? How many miles?

152k miles. Nope and nope. Ford is REFUSING to cover this.

Quick Reply: 10 Speed transmission New Vehicle Demonstration/Delivery Hold