General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

another stupid ricer

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 04:28 PM
Seifferlein
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another stupid ricer

I was driving to a junkyard today in my dad's s10 and had my first direct confrontation with a ricer. I was going 55 down a long stretch of road with a speed limit of 55. Suddenly, I heard the unmistakable sound of a four cylendar exhailing through a fart can. I look in my mirror to see a red dodge nean with the fat rims and a big wing weaving around an F-150 about 150ft back(?) He then came up to my rear bumper so I couldn't even see his front end and tailgated me as he impatiently weaved waiting for the oncoming cars to pass. So, I pressed on my brake pedal (I did not stomp on it, I just pressed it as though I was going to come to a steady stop). He was too preoccupied with trying to get around me that he came really close to hitting me. So, he got mad and decided to pass me in my own lane on a no-passing curve at probably 70. I could have very easily slid the wheel over and pushed him to the other side of the road but for some reason I didn't. I just let him go by without looking. I am sure he was signaling with his middle finger. Sadly, that isn't where it ended. He then got up to a guy driving an F150 and tailgated him for a mile or two. The guy kept right at 55 and did not break stride. The ricer was getting really impatient because there were a few cars coming from the other direction. Then, the F150 caught up to a van that was going probably 45, so the ricer was really mad. Finally, he shot into the other lane and stuck his middle finger out the window for a really long time, and as soon as he got up to the van, he swerved over and cut him off. I was so mad. I honestly wish i had been driving my old Ford with the steel step bumper and trailer hitch so I could have just let him hit my rear end. I know it would be dangerous, but DEFINITELY not as dangerous as what he did to the other drivers up ahead, and what he will probably do to drivers in the future. I would have loved to see the totaled front end of that POS.
I can't imagine what goes on in these people's heads. NOONE on the road did anything to him (Except for me slowing down), yet he treated them all like they were driving slow or trying to block him.

Old 10-25-2003, 04:44 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That's crazy. I've seen so many of those instances with them so impatient in traffic, then when they don't get their selfish way, they flip everyone off.

Through my life I've lived with the thought: "Everyone gets what they deserve." So far, it's held true. These idiots who think their more important than everyone else on the road will get their turn to face reality. The unfortunate part is that they will probably kill someone in the process (ex: reckless driving hitting the family in the minivan).

Old 10-25-2003, 04:58 PM
pbrstreetg
Senior User
No one did anything because they're mature drivers who are not driven homicidal by a punk in a rice trap. Easily HALF of the drivers on the road in the county I live in are smackdic ricers.
I can't recommend this but I'm gonna say it. Make sure you're driving your old Ford with a stout trailer hitch and a seat belt. Have a firm grip on the wheel and keep your front tires pointed straight down the road. Stand on the brakes with both feet like they're giving away free SOHC 427's.
When you hit someone else with the front of your car it's your fault, because your suppossed to be in control of your vehicle at all times, even when the guy in the Ford is smiling and waving at the same time he locks 'em up.

Old 10-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup... take matters into your own hands. How about imagining how frustrated the goof is and see that as funny. In the long run, he's going to at least pound his car into the ground. Repair bills, replacement costs and higher gas bills. I would much rather spend the money on vacation time or something.

Old 10-25-2003, 06:06 PM
BigDawg54
Elder User
i hate ricers!!! POS foreign product. i also call the ones with the rear spoiler "shopping carts" cause if you get behind them you can push them like a shopping cart as if the spoiler was the handle

-bigdawg

'03 FX4 F250SD SC Long Bed 5.4L

other ride- John Deere 8210 185hp DRW MFWD

Old 10-25-2003, 06:07 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
I have seen a lot of ricers here doing that kind of stupid stuff, However i guess i have been lucky that they have'nt done it to me. Could it be that the pennel hitch sticking out behind my truck like a sore thumb prevents them from doing so.

Old 10-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Rosati
Postmaster
It's not just the ricers. I've seen bikers, crotch rockets, trucks, semi's, imports, domestic, Ford, GM, OLDS, Mopar, etc do stupid things in traffic. It's not the type of vehicle they drive, it's the people.
All people are distracted, in a hurry, uneducated, too old, too young, etc. Point is, we all make mistakes or do stupid things so don't single them out just because they like a certain type of vehicle.
I'm sure the kid was thinking that F150's are slow and the redneck drivers are too stupid to move out of the way. It's all perception.

Old 10-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Seifferlein
Senior User
I know that not all ricers are like this, but I have yet to see one that isn't (though I have never interacted with one such as this time, I have seen what they have done to others). They build these cars thinking that they are fast and indimidating so almost all of them use them that way, and from what i hear from other people this is very accurate. People who buy trucks, vans, sedans do so for functionality. 100% of the ricers I have seen have been bad drivers (meaning driving recklessly or weaving in and out of traffic), only a very small percentage of the other types of car drivers have been bad drivers. As a matter of a fact, I have never seen a hotrod or an old muscle car drive bad beyond a burnout (which isn't dangerous anyhow)
So, I am going to assume that ricers are stupid bad drivers until they prove otherwise.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:18 AM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah I deal with these idiots on a regular basis, except up here it's the yuppies in their bmws and volvos. And wiz I think you mea Pintle hitch,

Old 10-26-2003, 07:39 AM
mbnv992
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Just let em' go. They'll eventually crash, and their POS car will get what it deserves. I hate people in ricers, they think their car is faster then a jet. (although on some "ricers" if its done by the right person RIGHT, forget it, that car is gone).

Old 10-26-2003, 07:50 AM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Originally posted by pfogle
wiz I think you mea Pintle hitch,
Thanks i was'nt sure how it was spelled.

Old 10-26-2003, 08:47 AM
black wolf
Senior User
he heeeeeeeee!!! i like that word fart can for that ricer good one. what i do is and so do my friends we go just a tad lower on our speed for tailgaters and then they just pass down the road. in some cases we do get a plate# and report the offender to the local police and let them handle it. its not worth it because of the road rage these days by those tempered idiots..they could do just more than tailgate and think of more things to do to you if you try to get even or shoot the finger . just keep to your self and be patient

Old 10-26-2003, 12:18 PM
chado
Posting Guru
I had a BMW try to run me off the road on a twisty section of highway around here... (very twisty section I might add)

4 guys...they were thinking they were all cool and what not I posted the whole thing a while ago I wont steal your thread with it but, basically I wasn't 100% sure on the laws for people getting hit by you when they come into your lane.

So if that ever happens again (and I'd prefer it didn't) then when he enters my lane, we can find out how well BMWS handle when they are going down the road on there roof.

I imagine a good wack to the side of a BMW 328IS from a 79 F-150 at 80+km/h should be enough to cause him to loose control.

Commuting is commuting. Racing is for the race track.

These people need to listen to highway patrol by Jr. Brown

Chado

Old 10-26-2003, 12:40 PM
2Bowers
Posting Guru
Corresponding with another thread, about the younger inexperienced drivers, these are usually the ones driving the ricers around here. They think they're all that but really they're just bad attitudes with wheels.
Other B calls them Dustbusters because they sit low and have a big handle on the back. And nothing but hot air inside...

Old 10-26-2003, 02:02 PM
FXSTC
Senior User
Originally posted by mbnv992
Just let em' go. They'll eventually crash, and their POS car will get what it deserves. I hate people in ricers, they think their car is faster then a jet. (although on some "ricers" if its done by the right person RIGHT, forget it, that car is gone).
I agree with this. Just let the guy go on his merry way. Here in Phoenix I see a lot of these guys zipping around and it certainly #$% me off to no end -BUT- the very second I allow them to change my behaviour, or I myself drive in an irresponsible way (slamming on brakes, cutting him off, slowing down too much), I am no better than they are. You can get blinded by anger or rage and forget yourself....

My advice- follow the middle path (in this case- drive the speed limit straight down your lane).

JK

Quick Reply: another stupid ricer