General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Anyone else feel sorry for that Cubs fan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 10:41 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else feel sorry for that Cubs fan?

At first I was also saying What a moron!!! But then when I found out that he couldn't go to work and the media was swarming his house, that's just wrong. I hate the media and I can't believe what this world is coming to. If that was me I'd be leaving the driveway at about 100 and my shotgun would keep on "accidentally" going off at news helicopters.

Mike

Old 10-15-2003, 10:45 PM
AYoungblood
Elder User
I agree, i mean... yes he did screw up but come on, if you were there, you cant say you would have just let it happen and not try to grab it. (But i think i would have had it)

I would get a lawyer and sue for harrassment.

He did nothing wrong and doesnt deserve that kinda treatment.

But the cubs lost cuz they lost... ITs happens, the marlins were just lucky after that happened.

Adam

Old 10-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 190 Likes on 118 Posts
All I can say has been said in this thread:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...hreadid=161691

Old 10-15-2003, 10:55 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
I didn't see that thread until after I posted this one. Although I'm a Reds fan, I really wanted the Cubs to win. Oh well, I guess I'll take the Marlins now cause I don't really like Boston, and I HATE the Yanks.(Even though they have a lot of former Reds)

Mike

Old 10-15-2003, 11:26 PM
canadianfordman
Posting Guru
I was going for Florida the whole series but since I have heard that the guy can't leave his house I was sort of cheering for the Cubs. Now that Florida has one the series I am sort of happy but also wish that everyone would realize that the Cubs did self destruct in that inning.

Old 10-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel sorry for all Cubs fans. They finally had a legitamate shot at something positive. Oh well, mabe next century.

Old 10-18-2003, 12:04 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
The umpire was standing right there and he didn't think there was anything wrong. If they don't want the fans to interfere, they should design the front row seats to where the fans can't compete for the *****.

Old 10-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Chiefman
Senior User
I feel sorry for the Cubs fan. He really didnt do anything that any other fan would have done. It says alot about the Chicago sports fans when they start chanting "kill him!" "kill him". Thats just stupid. The cubs lost because they resembled the cubs from last year, not because of "the fan". You know somethings wrong when people think that baseball is more important than a human life. Didn't those people learn anything about human life from Sept 11?

From now on, I will NEVER root for the Cubs or Sox again.

Old 10-18-2003, 03:00 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
The Chicago fans must really take baseball seriously. I remember when our Royals went there and the first base coach was attacked by that father/son duo at the Whitesox game. That's a little too extreme for me!!!

Old 10-18-2003, 03:26 PM
acerockola77
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He tried to catch the ball, big deal, get over it. He was probably having a good time, this has probably ruined his life. If the cubs and the cubs fans want to act like that, I'm glad they lost.

Old 10-18-2003, 06:22 PM
maa139
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Chiefman
I feel sorry for the Cubs fan. He really didnt do anything that any other fan would have done. It says alot about the Chicago sports fans when they start chanting "kill him!" "kill him". Thats just stupid. The cubs lost because they resembled the cubs from last year, not because of "the fan". You know somethings wrong when people think that baseball is more important than a human life. Didn't those people learn anything about human life from Sept 11?

From now on, I will NEVER root for the Cubs or Sox again.
I saw an interview with one of the guys that was sitting in his section. He said that they all wanted to kill him. Then I saw a replay, and wouldn't you know it...someone with a remarkably similar sweatshirt was reaching for the same ball.....Hello Pot? This is kettle.....

Old 10-18-2003, 08:41 PM
fordeverpower
Postmaster
not a chance! they lost fair and square. Thers no goat curse or anything like that.

Old 10-19-2003, 02:23 AM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
All I can say is, BFD. It's a stupid game. Get over it.

The people that are all PO'd at him are the same idiots who beat their wives up whenever "their" team loses the playoffs.

Can you tell I hate sports?

XXL

Old 10-19-2003, 07:27 PM
daimon1054
Posting Guru
OK this is gonna show how much I watch baseball.

What the heck did he do?

Old 10-19-2003, 11:39 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Originally posted by daimon1054
OK this is gonna show how much I watch baseball.

What the heck did he do?
One of the cubs players jumped up to catch a ball that was right near the wall. At the same time, the guy in question reached out and interfered with the ball while trying to catch it. I think the issue was that the cubs thought they had a guaranteed out, and this guy's interference cost them that out. They went on to lose the game, and a bunch cubs fans, after drinking a lot of beer and slapping their wives around, now want to stomp him.

Through the miracle that is the internet, the guy's name, address, phone number, pictures of his house, names of his children, what school they go to, where he works - it's all on the internet. So now the death threats have started.

As I said before, it's a game. Get over it.

I think it's great he interfered; made a painfully boring sport interesting for 38 seconds or so.

XXL

Quick Reply: Anyone else feel sorry for that Cubs fan?