2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Ford to stop North American production

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 05:44 AM
George C
Cargo Master
Received 504 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by JonnyMitchell
You are only eligible for incentives the month your order is placed, and the month you actually pick up your truck. If the plants are shut down there’s no point in locking in an incentive right now. Better off waiting the 2 weeks, hope the plant reopens and place your order start of month and get incentives for April and then most likely June.
I was able to lock in 1,000 dealer cash and 2,500 in incentives AFTER my order, but that’s not the issue now.
With production stopping, and infilled orders now piling up, I would order RIGHT NOW if you want a truck before fall.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:15 AM
Ben Elliott
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by George C
I was able to lock in 1,000 dealer cash and 2,500 in incentives AFTER my order, but that’s not the issue now.
With production stopping, and infilled orders now piling up, I would order RIGHT NOW if you want a truck before fall.

there will be plenty of cancellations because of the economy but Ford will also put emphasis on orders because they will need the cash ASAP so I don’t think it will set them back to terrible.

Ram is offering 0% for 84 months so ford will have to follow so it’s Going to be a good time to buy a truck if you need one.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:41 AM
George C
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Ben Elliott
there will be plenty of cancellations because of the economy but Ford will also put emphasis on orders because they will need the cash ASAP so I don’t think it will set them back to terrible.

Ram is offering 0% for 84 months so ford will have to follow so it’s Going to be a good time to buy a truck if you need one.
Ford can’t emphasize orders if the plants are locked up tight, and supply chains are shut down.
As of today, there are no trucks being built... indefinitely. Market numbers will be different in all parts of the country.
With dealership inventory now capped, and dealerships sitting on all potential profit, the decision is now “do you want it, or not”? vs. an economy at a complete stand still with no one working.
Strange times indeed.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:45 AM
Ben Elliott
Senior User
Ford can’t emphasize orders if the plants are locked up, and supply chains are shut down.
As of today, there are no trucks being built... indefinitely.
im aware. And when they open back up there will be tons of cancellations.

so if your not canceling you will be pushed up to the front.

They have inventory parts. Actually they will have too much. Back when China was closed many companies were hoarding parts / supplies because they were afraid they wouldn’t be able to meet demand. Now all the orders for parts have come in but the demand won’t be there

Old 03-19-2020, 07:51 AM
George C
Cargo Master
im aware. And when they open back up there will be tons of cancellations.

so if your not canceling you will be pushed up to the front.

They have inventory parts. Actually they will have too much. Back when China was closed many companies were hoarding parts / supplies because they were afraid they wouldn’t be able to meet demand. Now all the orders for parts have come in but the demand won’t be there
No one knows where this goes..
Ford in now offering 6 month payment relief in preparation for this.

I argue that there will be no cancellations. In fact, I would bet that orders may be increased. Ordering costs nothing. Timing is not an issue. The product is on hold. Cancellations cost inventory, and without inventory, there are no sales. And without current orders being filled, it may be months to actually replenish.
When this economy does recover, and people are in most cases back to work immediately, it will be fast and furious, and no dealer can make money from an empty car lot, and could go under while being stuck in the back of the line.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:21 AM
Ben Elliott
Senior User
No one knows where this goes..
Ford in now offering t month payment relief in preparation for this.

I argue that there will be no cancellations. In fact, I would bet that orders may be increased. Ordering costs nothing. Timing is not an issue. The product is on hold. Cancellations cost inventory, and without inventory, there are no sales. And without current orders, it may be months to actually replenish.
When this economy does recover, and people are in most cases back to work immediately, it will be fast and furious, and no dealer can make money from an empty car lot, and could go under while being stuck in the back of the line.
as of Friday night dealerships were down 20% for the month. From Friday - Sunday night it went to 36% which I would guess there’s a significant amount of orders they will be canceled. Plus there will an excess of trucks not moving on the lots so they will have less orders to fill which I would guess they would turn to custom orders in order to generate income

I agree with you know one knows where it goes but I can say if you put in an order right now you’ll get it before fall. In 2 months when hopefully people feel normal again possibly there will be a delay but I doubt the first thing people are going to do is buy an $80k truck .

Old 03-19-2020, 08:30 AM
George C
Cargo Master
as of Friday night dealerships were down 20% for the month. From Friday - Sunday night it went to 36% which I would guess there’s a significant amount of orders they will be canceled. Plus there will an excess of trucks not moving on the lots so they will have less orders to fill which I would guess they would turn to custom orders in order to generate income

I agree with you know one knows where it goes but I can say if you put in an order right now you’ll get it before fall. In 2 months when hopefully people feel normal again possibly there will be a delay but I doubt the first thing people are going to do is buy an $80k truck .
No one knows here. I could be completely wrong because I’m guessing this will be a short term situation. If it’s not, then good luck to all of us..

Old 03-19-2020, 08:32 AM
Lariatdriver
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This might be a very good time to order that special truck, incentives should be on the increase.

Old 03-19-2020, 09:14 AM
morleyz
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Lariatdriver
This might be a very good time to order that special truck, incentives should be on the increase.
I'll let you know how this turns out for me...I'm going to sign the order and put a deposit down today. We'll see what happens.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:37 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

2019's and lighter classes.
If Ram offered 0% for 84 months on a Ram 3500 DRW with rear air suspension I'd seriously consider switching.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:12 AM
NGH
Mountain Pass
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Honestly maybe this whole ordeal will reset the market. Top of the line SDs going for $70-90k is ridiculous but we pay it. I was on market for a tractor before all this. I purchased a John Deere with cab and front loader and everything 5 years ago for $36k and that same tractor now is $52k. Time will tell but in the meanwhile watch out for your tailgates and tail lights lol

Old 03-19-2020, 11:18 AM
Remington92
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to hijack but what are yall getting off sticker on new f250/f350s? I briefly spoke with my dealer in town and they said the best they do is $1000 under invoice and to hope for a good ford financing special to cover anything else. Looking at other dealers in the area usually $3000 is about the best. I know its apples to oranges but when i bought my duramax they took 11.5k off sticker before it even hit the lot.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:32 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Remington92
Not to hijack but what are yall getting off sticker on new f250/f350s?
450 limited order, no hassle up front price of $6400 off MSRP which equaled $1500 off invoice. Dealer is a flat $300 dealer fee.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:35 AM
TeddyD
Postmaster
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by porthole
2019's and lighter classes.
If Ram offered 0% for 84 months on a Ram 3500 DRW with rear air suspension I'd seriously consider switching.
Dont get hung up on that 0%. Sometime instead of 0% financing there are more incentives offered when not taking 0%. You have to work out the final cost of the vehicle after the payment term ends and compare the incentives vs 0% to see if you are making a better decision. Over 84 months, most likely the 0% would be the better option but to any new buyer out there, work out different scenarios.

Now to the point of why I hit reply. I have a couple buddies with the Ram air ride system and it has completely failed on them in the harsh Canadian prairie winters. These failures were on the 2015-2018 1500s so it’s a different system but I’m curious if the failure would cross over. What failed was the system being able to adjust itself in cold temperatures. One of our engineers had his truck drop down to the lowest ride height setting and stay there for a couple weeks in -20C temperatures. That sure would have sucked having a lowered truck in the winters we deal with here. I am curious to hear feedback from new owners to see how the HD air system help up during arctic temps (I know most of you don’t deal with cold we get lol)

Old 03-19-2020, 11:38 AM
punkinhead
5th Wheeling
2000 under invoice on my f250 7.3. i was happy

Quick Reply: Ford to stop North American production