1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

All the swap meets and car shows canceled

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 08:00 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,102 Likes on 819 Posts
While I agree there is a dangerous virus going through our country it is not as dangerous as some that have come through in the recent past. At those times we didn't have panic buying and we didn't close down our country which is going to surely result in huge economic damage. The virus is real, the hysteria is hyped by one group to gain political advantage over the president. You falsely state the president called the virus a "Hoax" I challenge you to find one reliable source that has that statement. He was referring to the hyped up hysteria produced by the opposition as a "Hoax".

The financial damage being done to this country with the hysteria, panic buying, limiting our freedoms is more dangerous than the virus itself. All for political gain. Hopefully after have suffered long enough the rest of the country will realize this and who is truly responsible.

Now I'm sure this post will be closed.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:09 AM
Badmoonreizen
Laughing Gas
Received 174 Likes on 122 Posts
You are dead wrong!! I heard it live as he said it. You look it up, I am satisfied that my old ears heard it correctly if anyone thinks this danger is being overhyped, please feel free to move to Italy or Spain, and keep all of us updated on your condition.
Regards, Mark

Old 03-17-2020, 08:37 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Sorry sir, but you are the one that is wrong. Even the left leaning Snopes had to take a deep swallow and admit half assly that Trump didn't call the virus a "Hoax"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
On the last Friday of February 2020, U.S. President Donald Trump held a campaign rally in South Carolina and made comments during a speech in which he accused Democrats of “politicizing” the coronavirus outbreak that left many with the impression that he had referred to the virus itself as a “hoax.”
By spreading this false narrative it only adds the proof that this is a hyped up event to further a party's political gain. It is not only incorrect to promote the falsehood, it is also irresponsible.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:58 AM
Badmoonreizen
Laughing Gas
I have relied heavily on Snopes for many years, and I disagree wholeheartedly with that analysis. I know what I heard, as it was spoken, and the Trump attempt to merge his statement into a politicization criticism is disingenuous at best, and yet another deliberate falsehood at worst.
There is no political gain for any party, I only want honesty, which is totally lacking in the Trump administration, other than the experts assembled to fight the virus. Maybe the tide has turned! I hope so.

Regards, Mark.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:04 AM
52 USCG Panel
Logistics Pro
Received 869 Likes on 424 Posts
To add to Bob's analysis of the President's remarks, it must be acknowledged that sometimes both sides creatively edit their political opponent's remarks, and so even what you think you "heard" isn't sometimes the whole truth. Many people that think the President "said" the corona virus is a hoax also believe that President Trump thinks some of white nationalists that protested in Charlotte, NC were "good people". Just because someone in the media says something, doesn't make it true. Fake news is a very over-worked phrase, but there's a reason we hear it so often.

Jim

Old 03-17-2020, 09:12 AM
Badmoonreizen
Laughing Gas
I know what I heard, not what the media interpreted.
I quit!
More important to go out and work on my cabover.
Regards, Mark.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:15 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,175 Likes on 2,680 Posts
Originally Posted by Badmoonreizen
I know what I heard, not what the media interpreted.
I quit!
More important to go out and work on my cabover.
Regards, Mark.
I believe you and it was televised..

Old 03-17-2020, 09:58 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Here is the actual speech. Listen for yourself. At 1:14 Trump starts talking about how the democrats are politicizing the virus. If you listen to the entire segment you can't get any other idea than he was calling the democrats criticism of his actions dealing with the virus a hoax, not the virus itself. He goes on listing what he had done to deal with the virus, if he thought it was a hoax he would not waste time and money dealing with it.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:13 AM
Badmoonreizen
Laughing Gas
Very clear to me! “The virus is a Democratic hoax....” His mishandling of this hoax has cost this country many lives, with many more to come, and financial disaster beyond belief.
Regards, Mark.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:23 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Very clear to me! “The virus is a Democratic hoax....” His mishandling of this hoax has cost this country many lives, with many more to come, and financial disaster beyond belief.
Regards, Mark.
What is going to cause the most financial divination is unjustly closing down schools and businesses. Just what the other party wants to happen so the president looks bad at election time. They don't care who gets hurt as long as they meet their political goal.

I am really surprised this post hasn't been closed. I know, I will acknowledge when it does close I am more than partially responsible for it but I just have to try to fight what I think is a great injustice happening to our country all being done for political gain.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:54 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Bob the same things are happening here and I don't think it's for political gain. Most of the provinces have called for a state of emergency to slow down the stampede to the hospitals. We the citizens are creating the panic and demanding the governments to do something then all we do is bitch and complain about who is at fault. And it's the political parties that point the fingers to each other and rile up their troops much like what is happening here..it's times like this the countries need to pull together as one and forget politics..

Old 03-17-2020, 10:56 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,640 Likes on 1,470 Posts
Regards, Mark.
He has saved lives. While the House Dems were impeaching him in late January the president was closing the border to flights from China. He acted quickly and early, unlike some other countries that have far more cases and deaths than we do.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:59 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Most of our cases is from people fleeing the United States abe

Old 03-17-2020, 11:13 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
My main point is that all of the overreaction isn't necessary, we've had worse deceases come through and we didn't shut down the country. Why now? There is one new variable, Trump. The media who openly hate Trump is fanning the flames. If we would all do what is considered normal common sense practices; wash our hands, stay home when not feeling good and again use common sense. What are we going to do the next time, and the will be a next time, another sickness comes through? We are not going to survive if we shut down every 2-3 years when a few people cough and a few die. I know it sounds cold hearted but it's reality, people get sick and some die. We can't destroy the lives of 99.9% of the population to try to save the very small minority.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:16 PM
fish pond
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
My main point is that all of the overreaction isn't necessary, we've had worse deceases come through and we didn't shut down the country. Why now? There is one new variable, Trump. The media who openly hate Trump is fanning the flames. If we would all do what is considered normal common sense practices; wash our hands, stay home when not feeling good and again use common sense. What are we going to do the next time, and the will be a next time, another sickness comes through? We are not going to survive if we shut down every 2-3 years when a few people cough and a few die. I know it sounds cold hearted but it's reality, people get sick and some die. We can't destroy the lives of 99.9% of the population to try to save the very small minority.

This doesnt have anything to do with your death of Merica when Obama was elected does it bob?
you know, that website you had listed under your name, the website or blog that you created?
huh,does it? kinda sounds like
the pot callin the kettle here, I am 68,never ever had anything like your talkin bout every 2-3 years here,wth?
Frankly I am surprised that
YOU were allowed to have that bull**** on this anti political nice nice
Ford site bob, but hey,some folk think double standards are ok iffin its their favor? is that what your thinkin bob?
,how weak you must feel to find strength in this fake of a man trump.
Greg

Quick Reply: All the swap meets and car shows canceled