1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

1982 F250 From Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Farleykarley
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1982 F250 From Sweden

Hi guys!

Found this nice place since I´ve been searching for parts for my F250 that I´m renovating.
It´s an old 82 250 XLT Lariat with a 400, C6 and the big axels.

Will put up some pictures, info and many questions further on, but the main question I got right now is if you got any tips regarding websites/companys that will send parts to Sweden?
Searching for everything from ordinary serviceparts to stuff like tail lights, new stripes, mirrors, some interior trim, and things like that.

Second question - What is to know, what is to love and what is to hate? (is there anything?)
Bought it last summer, and its been a true companion and work horse since then. As for now we are also renovating an old house, so the pickup needs to work hard during the summer and can take a little bit of rest during the winter.
Will read as much as possible in the FAQ-threads, but if you guys got any specific tips on this one, just let me know.

Here it is last October before I parked it for the winter.

The following 2 users liked this post by Farleykarley:
Old 03-02-2020, 02:16 PM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't have any answers for you, but I can't pass this thread up without saying that's a beautiful truck!

Old 03-03-2020, 01:03 AM
BigBlue2
Cargo Master
Received 611 Likes on 532 Posts
2nd on the nice looking truck! Judging from the wear on the seat you probably have about 200,000 miles on it? The bench cover can be removed and reinforced with a tough patching fabric. While the cover is off, if the seat foam is breaking down you can cut away the top rotten layer and glue in a topper piece of high quality foam. You might want to have someone familiar with upholstery work assist you with that. Then replace the reinforced cover and top it off with a Saddleman seat cover. They're tough long lasting and look great. Your behind will thank you for the the new foam under it.

You probably can get that done in the winter off working times.

Other than that keep up on your maintenance schedule and replacement of any worn out parts and keep on truckin!

Old 03-03-2020, 09:10 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
I think Rock Auto can ship overseas, https://www.rockauto.com/

Old 03-03-2020, 10:26 AM
jackietreehorn
Cargo Master
Received 184 Likes on 140 Posts
Truck looks right at home! Just watch out for salt in the winter if you all use it on your roads. Keep it washed.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:31 AM
BigBlue2
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ctubutis
I think Rock Auto can ship overseas, https://www.rockauto.com/
I was wondering if rockauto shipped to Sweden. Not sure if Amazon ships there but I have found a number of parts there and sometimes they beat rockauto's price.

Perhaps ebay is another source for parts as well?

Old 03-03-2020, 10:33 AM
BigBlue2
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by jackietreehorn
Truck looks right at home! Just watch out for salt in the winter if you all use it on your roads. Keep it washed.
Got salt on the road? Fluid-Film works very well as corrosion protection. Available through Amazon.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:28 PM
matthewq4b
Post Fiend
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue2
Got salt on the road? Fluid-Film works very well as corrosion protection. Available through Amazon.
Better than Fluid Film is CRC Marine Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor, and unlike Fluid Film it does not wash off, it is basically old school cosmoline.

Old 03-03-2020, 01:29 PM
MrMajestyk
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the forum Farleykarley !

Great looking F-250 Thanks for Sharing

Old 03-04-2020, 10:00 AM
Onions.n.Butter
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gorgeous truck!

If you ever want any used parts shipped, or new smaller obscure stuff, I'm always willing to help find and/or ship them to ya

I've also got access to service info so I can help in that respect.

Old 03-04-2020, 10:29 AM
jackietreehorn
Cargo Master
Same here.

Old 03-04-2020, 10:32 AM
jackietreehorn
Cargo Master
MSDS for CRC Corrosion inhibitor is a lot nastier than Fluid Film...

Old 03-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Kramercd
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jackietreehorn
MSDS for CRC Corrosion inhibitor is a lot nastier than Fluid Film...
I believe the more anti california warnings the better the product works lol

Old 03-04-2020, 10:35 PM
BigBlue2
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Kramercd
I believe the more anti california warnings the better the product works lol
Not in the case of Fluid-Film. I've used both the CRC corrosion inhibitor and Fluid-Film and I prefer Fluid-Film. Consider the non-toxic feature to be a super nice bonus. It will wash off with warm soapy water. I also consider that to be a bonus. Won't wash off with cold water. But if you want to use Fluid-Film to help prep rusty metal for painting, the soapy warm water cleanup is purrrfect. IMHO Fluid-Film is superior to CRC in every regard. Your mileage may vary.

Old 03-05-2020, 12:36 AM
matthewq4b
Post Fiend
Received 114 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue2
Not in the case of Fluid-Film. I've used both the CRC corrosion inhibitor and Fluid-Film and I prefer Fluid-Film. Consider the non-toxic feature to be a super nice bonus. It will wash off with warm soapy water. I also consider that to be a bonus. Won't wash off with cold water. But if you want to use Fluid-Film to help prep rusty metal for painting, the soapy warm water cleanup is purrrfect. IMHO Fluid-Film is superior to CRC in every regard. Your mileage may vary.

Ya not so much, CRC is cosmoline, And fluid film does wash off with water especially if hit with a pressure washer the Cosmoline derivatives are resistant to this sort of wash off, furthermore since fluid film never sets up or skins over it collects dirt and dust and just generally looks like *** after a while..
Alos it requires reapplication even if in protected locations as it eventually succumbs to bacterial consumption. The CRC/RP 342/Amsoil MP are all cosmoline based once applied it drys into a coating that is resistant to water wash off even when submerged or hit with a pressure washer, and does not collect dirt and debris and will self heal over time. Cosmoline is the product the military and industry uses to protect, arms, parts and equipment for multidecade protection against corrosion. Since it is resistant to bacterial consumption and water washout there is no need for replication. Apply it and forget about it.
For body cavities, it is still best to use a body cavity wax as these is also a cosmoline derivative that has the ability to creep for many years after application.

Fluid film has it's place and is a decent product and good for areas that are relatively protected I use it on stuff where I want something that will wash off easy with a quick hit from the pressure washer or a shot of windex. But it is not the stuff to use if exposed to road spray or environmental conditions as it will wash off and succumb to bacterial consumption over time this is especially true if you are in region with alkaline soil conditions fluid film just disappears in those conditions and offers little to no protection at all.. And fluid film is not non-toxic the bases in it are toxic they just cheated their way through WHMIS classification as the base components have SDS sheets stating otherwise. They are not the only company to have done this either... If toxicity is a concern then there are many canola based rust preventatives out there now, some are even food-grade now and these work incredibly well and can be had in either a formula that drys or one that stays liquid/soft. But again these can succumb to bacterial consumption over time.

Quick Reply: 1982 F250 From Sweden