Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

Welcome To Wyoming's Official March 2020 BS Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 11:31 AM
'77 Ranch Beater
Fleet Mechanic
Received 117 Likes on 113 Posts
We were in the local Albertsons yesterday for normal staples. I'm not sure I've seen the shelves that empty in my life. I was of the impression that Wyoming-ites would be more prepared for times like these. Eg. full pantry, extra TP & paper towels etc Maybe the wife and I are the only ones who still follow the "Old Ways"? The experience has left me with a loss of respect for my fellow man, either they aren't smart enough to have an On-Hand quantity or are selfish enough to put their exaggerated "needs" ahead of their fellow man, either way... I wish I could say it ticks me off. It left me with a disappointed taste in my mouth more than anything else. Luckily, we have what we need but I do fear for the elderly on fixed income or the young single parents struggling in normal times.

We used to be a community/country that banded together in full support of one another. I don't see as much of that as I have previously. There are still good people for sure (like all you gents) that will and do help, show respect & common decency. But much like overall moral standards, it seems to be waning.

Perhaps i'm a bit jaded at the moment. Being a life long pessimist doesn't help Sorry to rant guys, I'm not always a Debbie Downer I promise. But it left me a little disgusted.

Happy Wednesday!

t

Old 03-18-2020, 11:40 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Last weekend my wife and I would have normally been making lunches for the homeless shelter. We make sack lunches at home, take it to church where others drop theirs off, and then it is delivered to the shelter.

They cancelled all that at the last minute. They also closed the food pantry that the church has. For folks that were already making use of these services, what the heck are they going to do???

For people that live in apartments, they don't have much storage space. They don't have the basement pantry. Stocking up would be difficult. So a weekly trip to the store is mandatory.

Old 03-18-2020, 12:06 PM
'77 Ranch Beater
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Last weekend my wife and I would have normally been making lunches for the homeless shelter. We make sack lunches at home, take it to church where others drop theirs off, and then it is delivered to the shelter.

They cancelled all that at the last minute. They also closed the food pantry that the church has. For folks that were already making use of these services, what the heck are they going to do???

For people that live in apartments, they don't have much storage space. They don't have the basement pantry. Stocking up would be difficult. So a weekly trip to the store is mandatory.
Our local Soup Kitchen pulled a stunt like that. How are they helping the less fortunate if they're closed? I don't get it. There are ways to stock up in an apartment, not many but they do exist. However, you do make a very valid point.

Stay safe down there Jim, sounds like Colorado is becoming a bit of a hot spot.

t

Old 03-18-2020, 12:12 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
My son did study abroad in the Netherlands about three years ago. He was astounded at the size of the refrigerators in use over there. They're so small there is no way to stock up for more than a few days. I don't have a monster refrigerator, but I'm glad to have a normal size American refrigerator as well as a standalone freezer.

Old 03-18-2020, 12:29 PM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
We have a number of 30gal plastic drums full of pinto beans, corn bread mix, etc., water barrels, etc., sealed and stored in various locations, enough provisions to last a year for ten people.. plus my neighbors are crazy prepared as well.. don't be too disgusted Tyler, you are not alone! LOL!

Old 03-18-2020, 12:44 PM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Well.. it's starting to snow here, at least a half inch on the grass already.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:41 PM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

I forgot! Magna, UT., had a 5.7 quake at 7 this am.. thats all CBS (KUTV 2 News Utah) is broadcasting so far, my son works in Rock Springs calls and says window shutters, hanging lights were swinging a bit, walls were rattling, quite the thing! We felt zero here in the valley at our house, I did go check on the 53 to see if anything fell on it, but all clear!

Old 03-18-2020, 11:11 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
Howdy Cowboys........
There is way too much...... hurray for me and the hell with you.......
There has not been any need to hoard food and supplies. There was no shortage nor was there expected to be one. The F..... News and idiots created the shortage we have now..... Some people need to fall off a cliff.....

Old 03-19-2020, 10:22 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

That's exactly correct Roy! As has been proven before, many idiot sheep/lemmings react without thought. My friend was in Evanston yesterday, filling his truck, and people were coming in and after filling their vehicles, they were filling several gas cans as well. He overheard a woman talking about the big fuel shortage happening in the U.S... he told her that she and anyone else doing this is just as stupid as the fools buying up all the TP, etc.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:29 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Fuel shortage, ha! There's going to be a glut. With people driving less due to not going to work, errands, restaurants, schools, kids, etc, there will be plenty of fuel. Supply and Demand. Basic economics. I guess they don't teach that much in high school any more.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:30 AM
'77 Ranch Beater
Fleet Mechanic
You nailed it Roy! Good on you Lanny for being prepared, I thought I might find a few like minded folks here

Good morning to all of you Ford Freaks! We have freezing rain up here in the NE, darn is if cold today. Plus a wonderful coat of ice on everything lol Mother nature sure likes to kick folks when they're down. I'm sure fuel hoarding is going on here too, I just haven't seen it yet.

t

Old 03-19-2020, 10:44 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

If we do get a thousand dollar cheque from the government, I want everyone who said "That's not my president" to send theirs back. I would hope it would be used to help the hungry American citizens/vets here.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:46 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
I'm kind of pissed that they're going to be sending out checks. It just seems wrong.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:04 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

I see reasons for and against, I would hope that the money would go to people who really need it, but that's hard to do, I think instead of money, they ought to send toilet paper instead! Speaking of which, my son just called from Smiths grocery, and they have toilet paper on the shelves!

Old 03-19-2020, 05:42 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
12" of snow in spots, average is close to 7". We're going to hit the top of the range on this storm. Heavy, wet snow. Honda Snowblower to the rescue.

Quick Reply: Welcome To Wyoming's Official March 2020 BS Thread!