2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

any XL trucks out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 09:34 AM
7.3F350
Mountain Pass
Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts
any XL trucks out there?

Hello.

Seeking info on XL trim trucks. Tried to search, but it appears that there is a three character minimum for the search function, so searching for "XL" in title does not work.

Anyway, I'm looking to replace on old "work truck" (non DD) with a newer "work truck".

The only options that I want are cruise and power locks/windows.

So I think that I can get what I want with an XL, plus the XL Value Package (cruise) and the Power Equipment Group (power windows/locks).

I do not want in-vehicle WIFI, blue tooth, voice command, navigation, driving/backing assist or any of the other gizmos.

So my question is, how much of the high tech wizardry comes on the lowly XL?

So for the 0.01% of members that drive XL trucks, please jump in!

Old 10-21-2019, 10:15 AM
minke
More Turbo
Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
My '17 xl (note: some folks have upper case XLs) has cruise and no power windows or locks. I have crank windows for a crank driver. I don't have synch 1, synch 3 and probably have less than synch 0. So no wi-fi, no constant chit-chat with Moma Ford, and no dorsal fin on the roof.

I presume that you aren't talking about new trucks as those are easy to look-up.

What you are asking for exists. Is that what you wanted to know?

Old 10-21-2019, 10:22 AM
V10DoubleTow
Senior User
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
I suggest searching for and downloading the Super Duty brochure. It will give you all of the standard equipment plus all of the available options.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:33 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts

This is my 550 XL. Nothing fancy, just the basics. Still a nice truck.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:39 AM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
You will get what you want with the power convenience group and XL value. No sync, nav, air conditioned seats moon roofs etc......If you do decide to go a step up with sync and more consider the STX package in place of XL value. It dresses up the truck nicely and there are usually package discounts on the STX making it almost a gift. Last time I looked there was a 3 grand rebate on STX.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:41 AM
flatlander2441
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Probably doesn't answer your question, I also wanted "No Frills" mine is an 2017 XL Reg. cab. no cruse, roll up windows, no power locks, only AM/FM radio, the best and foremost thing I wanted was a Manual Transfer case, that was standard in 2017 and I understand it's optional now ? the only options I have are roof cab lights and upfitter switches. $34,000.00 out the door with plow

Last edited by flatlander2441; 10-22-2019 at 09:00 AM. Reason: more text
Old 10-21-2019, 11:22 AM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Received 945 Likes on 746 Posts
That window sticker looks like a cab/chassis and may be different. Play on the Ford Build & Price website.

If you can get hands free phone for cheap I would, night and day difference in safety. I’ve had both.

I think the 2019 F250 6.2/6 speed combo will be the least expensive.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,532 Likes on 1,857 Posts
Originally Posted by Crabbman P
You will get what you want with the power convenience group and XL value. No sync.
The XL Value Package included Sync Voice Activated Systems in 2019.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,532 Likes on 1,857 Posts
Originally Posted by 7.3F350
So I think that I can get what I want with an XL, plus the XL Value Package (cruise)

I do not want in-vehicle WIFI, blue tooth, voice command, navigation, driving/backing assist or any of the other gizmos.

So my question is, how much of the high tech wizardry comes on the lowly XL?
Standard Equipment on an XL includes, at no charge, some "driving assist high tech wizardry gizmos."
  • Hill Start Assist
  • AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)
  • Wiper Activated Headlamps
  • SOS Post Crash Alert System

If you order the XL Value Package in order to get Cruise Control, that package may also include Sync Voice Activated Systems, which may encompass "in vehicle WiFi, Bluetooth, and Voice Command".

Old 10-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Crabbman P
More Turbo
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
Ok looks like they changed it in 19. In 18 sync was a $300+ option even in the STX, now it's in the package. I guess he has to order an XL without the package to get no sync. Having Sync though is not much of a concern. the Sync 3 with the touch screen seems to be more problematic with issues.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:27 PM
Andy_george
Tuned
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
I just got my truck last week. It’s an XL but I ordered the STX package which is just the appearance stuff I wanted, the XL value package, and the power equipment group just like the original post. I love it. It’s just what I want (power windows, cruise, backup cam for hooking up, etc). And nothing I didn’t (all the electronic nannies, sunroof, dual zone climate control, huge center screen, etc). It does have Sync, but it’s pretty basic Bluetooth I’ll use for phone calls and occasional music. It is (to me) so nice to turn the truck on and not have it instantly connect to my phone and start blaring the first song on my playlist. And it won’t yell at me when I get too close to the center line. And lights don’t start blinking when a car is in my blind spot. And I don’t have to decide if I’d like to adjust the radio or climate from the steering wheel, dash buttons, touchscreen, or voice command. It’s just simple. Most people seem to want that stuff, and that’s totally fine.
But I like to keep it more basic!

Old 10-21-2019, 05:40 PM
TortugaNH
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two of our GSA fleet trucks are 2019 F250 XL's. 6.2L, 6-speed, Synch 1, power windows, cruise, A/C, spray-in bed liner, vinyl seats and floors. They are spec'ed pretty nice for what they are, federal govt. work trucks. I liked them so much it motivated me to find a Super Duty of my own.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:44 PM
67L48
Posting Guru
Received 174 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_george
[...] But I like to keep it more basic!
Basic is great. Just know that none of your examples have anything to do with a basic XL truck vs a more featured (less basic) truck such as my Lariat Ultimate.

"It is (to me) so nice to turn the truck on and not have it instantly connect to my phone and start blaring the first song on my playlist"
Agreed. But, that's not how bluetooth radios work ... not on any car I've ever owned, anyway. If you have a radio that randomly grabs your phones playlist and plays it at an elevated volume, then your radio is malfunctioning (in several key ways).

"And it won’t yell at me when I get too close to the center line"
Mine doesn't do that, either. I don't think Ford has a truck that has an audible warning for getting too close to a line. Even when I turn on my lane keeping assist, I get no audible warning nor do I get any feedback for getting too close to a line.

"And lights don’t start blinking when a car is in my blind spot."
I have BLIS and there are no blinking lights, so I don't have the problem you note.

"I don’t have to decide if I’d like to adjust the radio or climate from the steering wheel, dash buttons, touchscreen, or voice command."
Yep. I just use nice big ***** for that. In fact, I can't use the the steering wheel for climate control (I could in my 2005 F-150).

So, my truck probably fails at your definition of basic, yet it passes on every test of being "basic."

Old 10-21-2019, 05:51 PM
tibadoe
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ordered my '17 XL and love it. Didn't want a fully loaded model but got every item I wanted. Just wanted a real truck for any future towing that I need or want to do.
Name:  nBUq8ZW.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  145.7 KB

Old 10-21-2019, 06:15 PM
Cossatot
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XL SD

What Ford has done is make it almost impossible to get basic with the added items that make it best for a work truck/tow truck without forcing you to add items you don’t really want. Best of luck finding yours!

Quick Reply: any XL trucks out there?