2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Ford F150 2WD Lift Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 12:36 AM
Perry Foxworth
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Ford F150 2WD Lift Options

Whats the best way to get my 2007 Ford F150 2WD to an 8inch lift!? lve always wanted a lift truck and this is the truck ive chose to start with. Can anyone help!?!?

Old 10-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Onemoreblessedtexan
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supreme Suspensions - Ford F150 Lift Kit 3.5" Front Lift Billet Spacers + 1.5" Rear Lift Steel Blocks (Black) Leveling Kit 4WD PRO
Amazon Amazon

Sorry I didn't see the 8 inch left part when I'd copied this to clipboard

Old 10-20-2019, 01:17 PM
Perry Foxworth
New User
Originally Posted by Onemoreblessedtexan
Supreme Suspensions - Ford F150 Lift Kit 3.5" Front Lift Billet Spacers + 1.5" Rear Lift Steel Blocks (Black) Leveling Kit 4WD PRO https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V5J6NCY..._AuqdQsrDCBRej

Sorry I didn't see the 8 inch left part when I'd copied this to clipboard
Thanks for responding, yeah to be more specific im 6ft 11 and i want my truck just a tad over me. Just want some ideas from someone whos been in the truck scene longer than me.

Old 10-22-2019, 05:48 PM
CathedralCub
Lead Driver
Received 758 Likes on 692 Posts
I think Onemoreblessedtexan is sending you the right direction.

On the bright side, lifting a 2WD will probably be easier in front than a 4x4 would.

Old 10-22-2019, 07:04 PM
Onemoreblessedtexan
Senior User
Originally Posted by CathedralCub

On the bright side, lifting a 2WD will probably be easier in front than a 4x4 would.
For the front I believe We just took the shock tower top 3 bolts out (accessible through engine bay) then used a 7' long metal rod (that We use to roll logs over when medallionizing a log for firewood) to pry out top of shock tower. Bolted the 3.5" thick billet biscuit (the "lift" biscuit) to shock tower, used a jack to raise truck by the frame alot then used 7' rod again to pop/wedge the shock tower back into the housing and put the 3 bolts back in top (of biscuit now lol) then repeated steps for other side of truck.

For the rear We disconnected all 4 U bolts (2 on each side of axle) used a farm jack to lift truck by the trailer hitch, took out old blocks, put in new, let down bed and put on the U bolts that came with kit from above post. By the way use loc tite or double nut the U bolts as mine come loose at one point, thank God We were on the deer lease going 3 mph when the rear end come loose and tire started scraping the back of fender. Oh yeah there's a metal cradle plate under axle that goes on U bolts, just transfer that.

https://www.harborfreight.com/42-inc...saAnhyEALw_wcB
Not sure if this jack can handle vehicle weight but it's the style We used to get the truck lifted off rear axle after U bolts are out. I did this write up for anyone searching lift and wants to do it themselves. Would be nice to see the 8 inch write

Old 10-22-2019, 07:12 PM
Perry Foxworth
New User
Originally Posted by CathedralCub

My plan is to do a 6inch lift kit (Rough Country) and im going with 35x12.5 nitto's or toyo's on 20 inch rim. Ive seen this setup in different ways online www.customoffsets.com which is an awsome site. I think that may be all i need to do to get the height i want.

Old 11-23-2019, 09:12 AM
fuelsmoke1
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Can I ask a question? I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I've always wondered this.
Why do people lift a 2wd truck? 4x4 I get, but 2wd?? I grew up in the 80's, I remember that nothing was cooler than a lifted 4x4. But then I moved to the south and see people doing it to 2wd trucks and I just wondered what's the point. 4x4's are in theory going to off road or go mudding, etc. The 2wd isn't going to be doing much of that lifted or not.
I'm not saying someone is foolish to lift a 2wd. It's your truck, do what you like. Not judging from me. I just wanted to learn a bit about why. Is it just for looks? Do you do something with the truck that lifting helps? Just curious!

Old 11-23-2019, 09:18 AM
Onemoreblessedtexan
Senior User
Pops always said growing up if You had a good sized lift with 36"-44" tires on a 2wd, copious amounts of horsepower/torque and a lot of weight in the bed that You'd sink, grab and tear on out of some mud. Said He'd always enjoyed the lumberjack work with Great Uncle as they'd surprise the heck out of the 4wd crowd at times. Great Uncle always used Mickey Thompsons. Before my day and age so just relating. I've seen the pics of the trucks and they were some bad boys, enough to inspire me to have 3 trucks now with 3.5"-8" lifts, one 4x4, one 4x6 and one 6x6

Old 11-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Perry Foxworth
New User
Why lift a 2wd

Originally Posted by fuelsmoke1
Can I ask a question? I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I've always wondered this.
Why do people lift a 2wd truck? 4x4 I get, but 2wd?? I grew up in the 80's, I remember that nothing was cooler than a lifted 4x4. But then I moved to the south and see people doing it to 2wd trucks and I just wondered what's the point. 4x4's are in theory going to off road or go mudding, etc. The 2wd isn't going to be doing much of that lifted or not.
I'm not saying someone is foolish to lift a 2wd. It's your truck, do what you like. Not judging from me. I just wanted to learn a bit about why. Is it just for looks? Do you do something with the truck that lifting helps? Just curious!
Down south its mostly for the looks, theres not much need for 4wd in most parts of the south so to many it dosent matter rather its 2w or 4w. In my case i started this thread because i just purchased a truck and wanted to lift it & wanted some knowledge from a veteran lift enthusiast because i like the look of a lifted truck 2wd or 4wd, i dont do offroading or have a neccessary reason for 4wd so it dosen't matter to me. Im from the Carolinas and theres alot of lifted trucks that are 2wd because most are younger teens who just want to get any truck thats decent and up to date enough to lift and do the "Infamous" Carolina Squat to. Which i will not be doing.lol. although i do like the look & its cool just not somthing i will do to my own.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:47 AM
fuelsmoke1
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Fair enough. I kind if assumed it was more for looks but I honestly didn't know.
I live in SC now but I am from Vermont. Over the years there's been less and less 2wd trucks up there but nobody ever lifts one there. Usually if anything, 2wd trucks get dropped, the 4x4's go up.
For me personally, I'm not a fan of a lift unless it's mild. At a point the height makes a truck unusable as a truck. You throw a 6"+ on a truck it makes using the bed a little difficult, and towing could be compromised as well.
But that said, I get why people do it and certainly wouldn't think anyone is foolish for customizing their truck! It's yours, make it how you want it!

Old 12-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 237 Likes on 211 Posts
[/QUOTE]Why do people lift a 2wd truck?

im 6ft 11 and i want my truck just a tad over me.

[QUOTE]

Depending on what you are doing, 2WD is sufficient, and 4WD may not be needed. Lift offers clearance. You don't worry about bottoming out over uneven terrain. Lift allows for larger tires with more aggressive tread patterns.

Whats the best way to get my 2007 Ford F150 2WD to an 8inch lift!?
Most lift kits are 6" lift. Use a kit of some sort. Do not modify or alter suspension components which were only designed to be installed as is. So don't get a 6" lift kit, and stack on 2" spacers. Do not try to combine a suspension lift with a body lift. Do not try to add 2" spacers to adjustable shocks.

I believe that the 6" lift kits with 35" tires are the most "functional". A better engineered kit will also come with new suspension components. A suspension lift is better than a body lift. But that is just my opinion.

I see that there is a lift kit manufacturer which has a kit for 10" - 12" of lift, and 38" - 40" tires. https://www.bulletproofsuspension.ne...50-10-12-inch/

Consider that you have a truck that is over 10 years old. By the time you install a lift kit, new wheels, new tires, regear the rear differential, and buy a tuner to recalibrate the truck's speedometer - is that total cost what you really want to spend on a 10 year old truck? Cost should be a factor in making this decision.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Perry Foxworth
New User
Why do people lift a 2wd truck?

im 6ft 11 and i want my truck just a tad over me.

Depending on what you are doing, 2WD is sufficient, and 4WD may not be needed. Lift offers clearance. You don't worry about bottoming out over uneven terrain. Lift allows for larger tires with more aggressive tread patterns.

Most lift kits are 6" lift. Use a kit of some sort. Do not modify or alter suspension components which were only designed to be installed as is. So don't get a 6" lift kit, and stack on 2" spacers. Do not try to combine a suspension lift with a body lift. Do not try to add 2" spacers to adjustable shocks.

I believe that the 6" lift kits with 35" tires are the most "functional". A better engineered kit will also come with new suspension components. A suspension lift is better than a body lift. But that is just my opinion.

I see that there is a lift kit manufacturer which has a kit for 10" - 12" of lift, and 38" - 40" tires. https://www.bulletproofsuspension.ne...50-10-12-inch/

Consider that you have a truck that is over 10 years old. By the time you install a lift kit, new wheels, new tires, regear the rear differential, and buy a tuner to recalibrate the truck's speedometer - is that total cost what you really want to spend on a 10 year old truck? Cost should be a factor in making this decision.
Thanks for the response & input. Thats the exact setup i am going with 6inch lift with 35" tires & maybe 22 or 24" wheels but haven't decided yet. I've done a lot of research & homework on lift trucks and I'm well aware of the do's & don'ts. Body lifts was never going to be an option for me. I want to achieve a natural suspension lift, i feel like body lifts is cheating to truck lifting.lol. and i totally agree with not stacking spacers, theres no point in putting stress and more than likely damaging important components just to achieve a lift. And yes my truck is a little over 10 years but its the make and model that i wanted my project truck to be. To be a 10 tear old truck it honestly still has the ride quality of a brand new truck, the triton is running great, transmission the same interior looks brand new just was an all around great buy and awsome truck and after doing math on doing what i want to achieve its well under what i would want to put in a vehicle this age. Also thanks for the link.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:46 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
I have a 2007 2WD. Fabtech 6" lift. 35x12.5x17 tires. When looking for wheels, pay attention to the backspace, not the offset.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Perry Foxworth
New User
Originally Posted by Fifty150
I have a 2007 2WD. Fabtech 6" lift. 35x12.5x17 tires. When looking for wheels, pay attention to the backspace, not the offset.
Got it, im in between picking the fabtech or rough country 6" lift. I think i will end up going with the fabtech lift due to just seeing how ppl speak on RC. Its 50/50. The price range is great for the kit but like the saying you get what you pay for! And i dont just want to get a kit to slap on just because of a low price! And ive spoken with someone at www.customoffsets.com about wheels since i want to put a large wheel on.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
My kit has the adjustable front struts. It's ok. I have had it for 11 years. It will probably outlast the truck.